Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

:annoyed:

Pls dude.. that dredd saying MaMa was silly enuf.. dont remind abt it again.. Stone cold fellow with never ending pout saying mama looked really awkward.

I read they plan a trilogy of the dredd movies, and i hope they name their villains as something like Karlito Kankas / Chabert Chavez / Pablo Parker / Taicho Yin etc. Then it ll be real fun.

Well it was a short form for her real name, and she lived up to it. Those names you mentioned sound so cliched and Latino oriented. Typical. :)

:annoyed:

Pls dude.. that dredd saying MaMa was silly enuf.. dont remind abt it again.. Stone cold fellow with never ending pout saying mama looked really awkward.

I read they plan a trilogy of the dredd movies, and i hope they name their villains as something like Karlito Kankas / Chabert Chavez / Pablo Parker / Taicho Yin etc. Then it ll be real fun.

If mama was a decent villian she would have had a helicopter ready instead of barricading herself inside her room.
But then again I don't think anyone watching the movie enjoyed it coz it was smartly plotted.

Cant wait anymore downloading the scr(django unchained)..:hail:

this years oscar lineup seems to be damn good...
life of pi,a romcom,a action/thriller flick,a musical,a war movie,historical movie and a tarantino

lots of variety...

Taken 2 - 5/10

Sucked! There's even a sequel planned because the movie was a blockbuster! :facepalm:

Looper - 8/10

Another good one from JGL. Looks like 2012 was a good showdown for this guy - TDKR, Premium Rush, Looper, Lincoln.

Django Unchained : 9/10.... Little lengthy but awesome entertainer... Just loved watching it. Christopher Waltz stole the show with his acting. And Samuel Jackson also played it perfectly. Loved every bit of the movie.

Matru ke Bijlee ka Mandola : 3/10....Avoid.

Gangster Squad -- 6 /10. Good action, just average story and setting.

Sets out something like a Neo-noir but quickly changes tack to a car chase (decent ones), insipid one-liners and an unevenly set story.

Gangster Squad -- 6 /10. Good action, just average story and setting.

Sets out something like a Neo-noir but quickly changes tack to a car chase (decent ones), insipid one-liners and an unevenly set story.

I was hoping against odds that this will be worth a watch even when it looked like LA Confidential meets Michael Bay type of union.. but your view point re affirms my fears.

Still gonna ask.. Worthy of a hall watch ?

Still gonna ask.. Worthy of a hall watch ?

No (maybe early morning / late-night show because they are cheaper), I watched it because the other options were --
  • Saddi Love Story
  • Matru ki Bijli ka Mandola
Also, I was meeting friends after 4 years so had to do something in DLF PROMENADE.

Wanted to go for Jack Reacher but the timings were way off. =|

No (maybe early morning / late-night show because they are cheaper), I watched it because the other options were --
  • Saddi Love Story
  • Matru ki Bijli ka Mandola
The matrus and the mandolas been disappointing with the reviews as well. So there were 2 movies which i wanted to do good and they are biting the dust now.
Hobbit and J.Reacher have been taken down and am only left with The Impossible as a choice and maybe the Rs 100/- morning show of Gangster Squad.

Oh very well done movie makers.. :annoyed:
/rant

Safety Not Guaranteed (2012 - comedy/drama) 8/10.
Synopsis: A guy puts an ad for partners who are willing to time travel with him. Three reporters set out to a journey to find the truth about this crazy ad of time travel.

Boy Wonder (2010 - action/thriller) 8/10.
Synopsis: A boy witnesses brutal murder of his mother at young age. Now after many years he is back all prepared for payback. Great Ending this one has.

Yea, when I fired it up, I thought...WTF...I DL'ed a cam print. ha ha.
LOL :lol:

Saw Looper, it was okayish. 7/10. Started off brilliantly & started loosing it somewhere middle. And the climax was SUPER STUPID.

Rather shooting himself in heart/chest, he could have simply shot his hand, the one which his super future tense was holding gun.Obviously that gun would be falling on ground & given him enough time to finish off Joe From Future

and also :

why not kill & send them back rather sending them alive ? Their main objective is to [FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]incinerate bodies so that they never be found. Looper can take care of boides. If dead bodies cannot time travel, then chop their hands off & send them back!
[/FONT]

Gangster Squad: 7/10
Half baked storyline, tremendous cast. Thank God for company during the movie.

So where did you head for Gangster Squad?

I was waiting for a Good cop-Bad cop conundrum to come up, never did. :annoyed:

I agree the cast was underutilized.

Back