Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Man of Steel - 7/10

The only guy who stood out in the entire movie was Russell Crowe. What bull-crap character development! I mean clichéd dialogs like, “I am a Pulitzer-prize winning author…” and “I can do things which no one else can’t…”. A Captain (lady) of the US Military is responding to a General (who is way senior in ranking to her), "Sir, I think he is hot!"

Some of the action sequences were overdone to the point that it felt like a Michael Bay movie. Soundtracks were decent, but nothing close (or memorable) to Zimmer’s work in the TDK trilogy. The whole movie was paced pretty well but some parts felt dragged.

Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor easter eggs in the movie! It is possible that the sequel might have Lex as the primary antagonist.

1. When Zod fights Superman at the space, the satellite has the Wayne Industries logo.

2. The oil tankers hurled at Superman has LexCorp logo.

/OT
Saw the trailer for the George Clooney-Sandra Bullock starrer Gravity and the 3D effects were mind blowing! I am looking forward for this movie now.

I was fine with the pace...but in all it felt like they just made this movie and waiting to make the sequels..that's all.. they just wanted to introduce the hero with the audience with this movie and set the stage for future movies..
To me it felt like the transformer 3 movie in which everything was getting destroyed pointlessly just for the sake of putting big action in the movie...

That's what I felt with this movie..but hope that the future movies are well made..

you felt that because of the pace , and the critics hate it because they are comparing it to TDK ..
why one needs to compare man of steel to the dark knight ??
the problem is that , when compared to the batman trilogy its character development is not good , but
once if you leave the tdk character development mindset you will find that the movie did hold character development !

if this were not a superman movie but some other superhero movie , critics would have given it super ratings ..
but since it is one of the most beloved hero and people comparing it to the dark knight , it just cannot match tdk , which
is why the mixed reviews , but none are purely negative ..

i too felt that it did not matched my expectations that much , thats why i gave it a solid 8 , if it would have it , would have been a 10 ..
anyways , if i leave the tdk mindset , this movie is great and deserves all ratings above 70% at least !!

Man of steel - 6.5/10
The last fight seemed unnecessary. And the constant use of the Zimmer score even if the scene focus on Lois, Jor El or even Zod. Very poor use of the score.

Man of Steel - 8/10 . Too much of visual effects for me. Decent narration, I didnt like the last fight between Zod and Superman. Seems too forced for me.

Man O' Steel - 4/10; All 4 points for the fantastic visual effects. Not much in it besides that.

I'd say fans of the original movies will probably not like this one.

PS: What's with the score? Not even a hint of the original?!

Man of Steel - 6.5/10
Awesome effects, but poor storyline IMO.

when Clarke surrenders to Zod, and Faora comes to take him, why does Faora asks for Lois to come along?

The hunchback of Notre Dame: 8/10...an excellent Disney animated movie with all the non-stereotype characters...loved it :)

Ye Jawaani hai Deewani: 6.5/10...nice movie with enjoyable first half but the ending was forced...didn't like the way how just in an instant Ranbir starts loving Deepika and wants to marry her right then and there...:eek:

Man of Steel - 8.5/10.

Please stop comparing it to the Batman trilogy. It is as good (or bad) as Batman Begins was. Don't compare it to TDK or TDKR. A superhero origins story is extremely difficult to pull off. I was really pleased to see it done so well. Kostner, Crowe and even Amy Adams played their characters so well. Henry Cavill, for me, steals the show. He looked like a guy who's grown up in a small-town in scenes with his mother (Diane Lane), switched to looking all rugged and manly during the time when he was drifting here and there and then effortlessly switched to a genuinely good (but tough) guy in his Superman outfit. He also managed to convey the anguish pretty well. This guy was almost cast as the Batman, James Bond, Edward Cullen (Thank God that didn't pan out) and also Superman (in 2005). He's built for this role.

I agree that the soundtrack was a bit repetitive but I disagree with people who say that the pace of the entire movie was slow. It wasn't an edge of the seat thriller but it's an origin movie. I am inclined to sit back and see what foundation they are trying to lay for the next one. And I felt that this was a very solid foundation.

Just my opinion. The sequel has already been greenlit. I hope this gives rise to more movies based on DC comic characters and possibly a Justice League. :wideyed:

A good review, though I don't necessarily agree with his conclusion - Spoiler review

Man of Steel - 8.5/10.

Please stop comparing it to the Batman trilogy. It is as good (or bad) as Batman Begins was. Don't compare it to TDK or TDKR. A superhero origins story is extremely difficult to pull off. I was really pleased to see it done so well. Kostner, Crowe and even Amy Adams played their characters so well. Henry Cavill, for me, steals the show. He looked like a guy who's grown up in a small-town in scenes with his mother (Diane Lane), switched to looking all rugged and manly during the time when he was drifting here and there and then effortlessly switched to a genuinely good (but tough) guy in his Superman outfit. He also managed to convey the anguish pretty well. This guy was almost cast as the Batman, James Bond, Edward Cullen (Thank God that didn't pan out) and also Superman (in 2005). He's built for this role.

I agree that the soundtrack was a bit repetitive but I disagree with people who say that the pace of the entire movie was slow. It wasn't an edge of the seat thriller but it's an origin movie. I am inclined to sit back and see what foundation they are trying to lay for the next one. And I felt that this was a very solid foundation.

Just my opinion. The sequel has already been greenlit. I hope this gives rise to more movies based on DC comic characters and possibly a Justice League. :wideyed:

A good review, though I don't necessarily agree with his conclusion - Spoiler review

I haven't watched the Man of Steel yet, planning for coming weekend. But Batman Begins had much better story than TDK or TDKR. Even the acting was on par with TDK and better than TDKR. TDK was much more popular mainly because of the character of Joker and Ledger's perfect portrayal along with the awesome dialogues. Batman Begins is a very under rated movie.

MOS - 8/10 Superb movie...the makers tried to satisfy all kind of audiences...in the first half they showed a very emotional and dramatic story for story lovers and in second half they showed awesome action for action lovers...only problem was the love story between Lois and Clark was rushed...no interaction whatsoever...save a girl a few times and she becomes your girlfriend...the formula of old Hindi movies :D
But I really need to see this again...fighting was so fast that I was unable to track what was happening...damn those front rows in theatres :mad:

He is not human.

Man of Steel is a great movie. I avoided reading the reviews before watching, but after I read some reviews, I was filled with anguish. Very biased reviews with not much knowledge of what Superman represents.

I think this movie is going to be one of those where opinions are going to be heavily divided. If you mean the reviews which have said the movie sucks are biased, then let me just say I tend to agree more with those reviews than the ones which say this is a Supermovie. So it's not bias, it's just opinion.

I'm actually surprised so many people have liked this enough to give it 8+ points. But then I guess if Avatar can make it to folks' best movies lists, then this can as well.

For me, this was an average movie. Would've actually been better if the 1st half was more fleshed out rather than have all of that action in the end.

PS: This comes from a guy who thought Avatar sucked, Bat Begins was great, DKR was equally good, Avengers was fun, fun, fun as far as popcorn movies go & who is a fan of the original Superman movies.

Back