Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

watched
  • Unforgiven - 7/10
  • Gangs of New York - 5/10 (people may like it - but not to my taste)
  • Berlin File (Korean) - 8/10 - good thriller (though I didn't understand many things :p)
  • Flu (Korean) - 4/10 - waste.

The Wolf of Wallstreet -
It is really hard to say something bad about a movie when everyone has something good to say about it. Makes a person look like a village idiot but I will risk looking like that based on a few points.

This movie is an autobiography of 'Jordan Belfort' so if someone knows the person in question then there are no spoilers for him/her. The movie didn't take the subject at hand very seriously which was a good thing but it is a bit too long for it's own good.

The character might have been a drug addict, a sex addict etc., but you don't really see how the character really was and how he changed. Was he a bad guy to begin with or did he grow heartless as life went on. There are a few glimpses here and there but you don't really see the character develop. The first part where he is a new guy or when he starts his own company you don't really see his real personality. Every new guy is nervous and only comes out of the box gradually but none of that happens in this movie.

The movie in short is like - he sets out to make a tree house - a few minutes of reel time - he is walking out of a mansion. They don't really show him struggling to grow instead it seems like he has all the luck and skills or may be a genie. Instead they focus on his wild lifestyle and at times it really seemed to stretch which would be more entertaining in bits.

Near the end everytime you think it is about to end, you are wrong it continues.

In this sort of movie you expect a rise and then a downfall bang opposite of movies like 'Pursuit of Happyness'.

The only problem is the rise and the downfall are so slow that I was squirming in my seat.

In short the movie does what it sets out to do - tell the looong story of 'Jordan Belfort' in a funny way.

The Wolf of Wall Street - worth watching? How much of the movie has been cut for cultured Indian audience?

Worth a watch? Sort of because it has an odd charm in the sense that they don't hold back in any way but not in a cinema hall. Reason - Your second question. A lot of scenes from this 'A' rated movie has been removed. The movie is supposed to be sleazy but thanks to the stupid censorship there is none of that here and there are parts where it feels broken and easily noticeable which irked me even more apart from the length. I would suggest get a director's cut.

For those who have seen this movie and would like to see a better movie watch 'Boiler Room' and of course 'Wall Street (Charlie Sheen)'.

Am I the only one who likes King's Speech movie? Most of the people I know doesn't seem to like it all and say its highly overrated.

Anyone here hate this movie?

I am here who thoroughly loved the movie!
A biography based movie is all about how close it is to truth and how well the script and acting part is, what the hell people expected from it!! If someone says it is overrated because of story then I have nothing to say than a big :facepalm:

The Wolf of Wall Street - 8/10. Intense, over the top real ? drama from start to finish. Has been done before ? no way!!!
As for censorship, it seems language wasn't censored here atleast in Delhi. Some scenes were deleted though. People especially girls were squirming and reacting as if it was a horror movie.
Worth watching again... hopefully directors cut soon :D

Back