Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

^ Even that 3 rating is for some fancy driving.

I love Transporter character.. It's not about Statham everytime. I watched TV series regularly, Felt bad its cancelled.

tamasha : 7/10... its a good one time watch. songs, acting and cinematography is good. story is simple and predictive.
Going for Creed today...:)

EDIT : Saw Creed yesterday.... 8.5/10... awesomely done movie. Rocky fans will surely love it. The movie is not a mass movie.

Last edited:
Mad Max (2015) - Good enough movie to make me want to watch the original trilogy.

Ant-Man - Dunno how but every Marvel movie made by Marvel just nails it. They aren't brilliant movies but you know it is a comic book movie and feels like it. We did see Wasp in action for a few seconds and at the end it definitely promises Wasp in the next iteration. I do not know much about Ant-Man never found the character intriguing and only knew him through his role in Avengers cartoon films where he appears but this movie did the same thing as Guardians of the Galaxy did. Movies made so well that you might not know about the characters involved in the movie but by the end you get some idea and would like to know more about them.

I would really like all Marvel rights sold to other studios to come under the same roof so that they can be made right just like they remade Hulk.

This also brings me to the topic of the recent trailer released for the upcoming Captain America movie. I rewatched it multiple times and would genuinely like to watch it. Compare that to DC trailers of Suicide Squad and Batman vs Superman felt pretty average. Didn't really get me excited and hope they don't drag Batman back to the dark days of Joel Schumacher.

Spoiler Ahead -
Jurassic World - My expression after the movie ended - WTH did I just watch? I skipped 2 and 3 for a reason. The movie is nothing like the original but a campy cheesy cringe worthy summer flick. It is one of those leave your brain at home to watch and enjoy kinda movie. Too bad I watched it at home so the brain was right next to me and made me question the stupidity of nearly every character. Seriously what was the military guy even doing with his stupid ideas of using Raptors in a war? The raptors will be shot in seconds in the battlefield. One second he is giving a stupid speech the next second he is screaming like a girl. The kids were annoying and their aunt running and doing all that in heels. Also I didn't just changing the way you wear clothes makes you Lara Croft. At the end it felt like a Godzilla a flick. Releasing a T-Rex to kill an I-Rex. A flare is all you need to program a T-Rex to go after the I-Rex and after the I-Rex is defeated the T-Rex not only walks away without doing anything to the humans and the raptor goes after which for a moment looked like the raptor wanted the t-rex to be his/her mentor. So at the end you have an island full of humans with an injured T-Rex and a Raptor loose. Seriously should have left the brain with the neighbors or left it at home and gone to neighbor's house to see it.

When does Star Wars (Force Awakens) release in cinemas in India (or Pune to be specific)? Is it Dec 18th or 25? Google seems to say Dec 18th, but bookmyshow says the 25th.

When does Star Wars (Force Awakens) release in cinemas in India (or Pune to be specific)? Is it Dec 18th or 25? Google seems to say Dec 18th, but bookmyshow says the 25th.
With Dilwale and Bajirao both releasing on 18th, so sad as it may be, I think they'll release it at least a week later.

Star Wars: A new hope - 6.5/10
Re-watched after many many years. The atmosphere, the setup the movie created, the visuals, the characters hold surprisingly well after so may decades. But a lot of character actions and dialogues are quite cheesy. Overall it's a fun space adventure which is still quite enjoyable.

I too watched the first Star Wars series over the past week and must say, it is so so so much better than the prequel crap Lucas came out with starting with The Phantom Menace. I am watching these movies with my sister as she hasn't seen any. I watched the original three films start to end with her but during Phantom Menace, caught a book and only watched the climax lightsaber battle.

Empire Strikes Back (9/10) is the best movie for me in the entire series (prequel as well as original). A close second will be A New Hope (8/10) with Return of the Jedi (7/10) closing it out.

Revenge of the Sith is the sole movie that is worth the original SW legacy but still not in the same league as the original ones.

The only, and I really mean the only, reason I would watch the prequel series is for the lightsaber duels between Yoda and Dooku, Yoda and Sidious and Qui-Gon wt Obi Wan vs. Darth Maul.

Having said that, I have no hopes of the new SW movie being any good :(.

I too watched the first Star Wars series over the past week and must say, it is so so so much better than the prequel crap Lucas came out with starting with The Phantom Menace
I had actually watched Phantom menace before I watched the originals and at that time didn't find it half as bad as it's made out to be. But my sensibilities were different at that time and maybe if I had watched the originals my opinion would have been different. I only knew about the hype around it. Anyway, after watching all, and in light of the arguments people make, the prequels may deserve the flak, but I, for one, do not 'hate' them. They were OK for me for that time. But then again it's been a long time.
Having said that, I have no hopes of the new SW movie being any good :(.
I am being cautiously optimistic about it.. I'd say I want it to be good :).

Prem Ratan Dhan Payo 1/10
Went with full family that's why I could tolerate it. It's script is outdated even if it was released 10yrs ago.

Tamasha 6/10
bold attempt to put a message to a commercial movie fails miserably in execution. Attempt at a New narrative for bollywood is a welcome. Ranbir Kapoor is a great asset.

The Good Dinosaur 7/10
nothing that you haven't seen already in terms of visual effects but Improvising on the fine details. Though not good as Inside Out definitely worth a watch

Last edited:
Watched:
Age of Adaline : 6.5/10 : Nice movie.

Prem Ratan Dhan Payo 1/10

The Good Dinosaur 7/10
nothing that you haven't seen already in terms of visual effects but Improvising on the fine details. Though not good as Inside Out definitely worth a watch

For Prem ratan Dhan Payo - this is the first rating point I saw in positive side of zero. Others rated like "khwaaaaakk thooooo" etc. :D :D

If it continues in theater, I will got for Good Dinosaur this weekend. Seeing the trailer, I don't have high expectation - and you have cofirmed the same.

And about the Star Wars - I had re-watched the original trilogy recently and I don't find it 'epic'. I rather liked "2001: A Space Odyssey" much more than SW-trilogy - which got much better visuals and technology than SW even it came almost a decade before SW-ep4.

Watched:
Age of Adaline : 6.5/10 : Nice movie.

For Prem ratan Dhan Payo - this is the first rating point I saw in positive side of zero. Others rated like "khwaaaaakk thooooo" etc. :D :D

I did mention it, I went with full family blocking two rows, age ranged from 4 to 74yrs, that's how I could tolerate it. We were very busy cracking jokes with each other and enjoyed it. The movie didn't have anything new to offer but nothing awkward or make you uncomfortable while watching with family; how many current bollywood movies you can watch with Family? +1 for that.

Back