Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Watched kalakaandi. Have been hearing reviews that it is not as hilarious as the director's earlier film, Delhi Belly. To be true, it is a brilliant movie and everyone's acting is spot on. The effects of LSD have been captured on a large screen in an amazing visual treat. 8/10

I loved the movie too. sad to see it underperforming at box office. The graphics are expertly done, it can be passed off as hollywood film tbh

people I talk to hate saif for some reason but Ive only watched his stuff since omkara and hes a brilliant actor pushing independent films like go goa gone and kaalakaandi

ps: anyone knows what kaalakaandi means?

Kimi no na wa Aka Your Name - 8.3/10
Superb stuff. The back and forth travel in time along with loose ends getting tied up really was electrifying.
Supernatural/Sci-Fi/Adventure/Romance fans should check out this anime.

Bad Genius - 8.1/10
A movie depicting an elaborate scheme to game the competitive exams. It was quite a good movie imo. Actors giving such a performance on debut was awe inspiring.

Dhanak - 7.8/10
Not too many children-oriented movies out there. This was pretty good. The traditional slack was easy to overlook due to the stupendous acting by the kids. The cinematography and the music fitted like a glove.

Masaan - 8.1/10
Felt a bit rushed in a couple of scenes, but it still is a bold and a nicely executed movie.

Newton - 8/10
Packed with actual actors, it was a safe bet. Raghubir Yadav was unrecognizable till a good part into the movie.
Could have had more content, but still a worthy watch. Non-masala movies like these hitting the theaters is soothing.

Last edited:
watched Murder on Orient Express (2017) - 5/10
- doesn't justify the book. kind of dull unlike the book.
6/10
I haven't read the book or watched the original movie, so found this decently engaging. Good cinematography and acting. I'm not sure of Branagh's take on Poirot. Want to know from people who know the character from the book.
The elaborate plan/setup for the motive wasn't too convincing for me. But it did come together nicely

Death wish (2018) - Time pass! 7/10

After a long time comes Bruce Willis no non-sense movie.

- Wrong timing also, If you've watched punisher tv series.

Last edited:
Black panther was fine 7/10, the setting was fresh, as was the lack of quippy wisecracking humor.

I assume "The death of stalin" will not be releasing here?

Wind River (2017): 7.5/10 - Jeremy Renner, Elizabeth Olsen
A murder mystery set in a snowy town in Wyoming. A slow paced thriller with good performances and cinematography.[DOUBLEPOST=1521693743][/DOUBLEPOST]The Shape of Water - 9/10
A love story between a mute cleaner of a 60s science lab and an amphibian creature they have captured and experimenting upon. The premise may be weird and even gross if I begin to describe the details, but you have to watch it to believe it. Guillermo del toro has made a beautiful film with a brilliant performance by Sally Hawkins.

Last edited:
The last thing I watched was not a film, but a cartoon Ferdinand. I really wanted to return to my childhood and see something nice. The cartoon turned out to be really cool and I suppose it was for small kids, but I liked it. There was light humour, the plot was good and the pictures were really beautiful.

The Shape of Water - 9/10
A love story between a mute cleaner of a 60s science lab and an amphibian creature they have captured and experimenting upon. The premise may be weird and even gross if I begin to describe the details, but you have to watch it to believe it. Guillermo del toro has made a beautiful film with a brilliant performance by Sally Hawkins.

Amazing movie.Just watched it.The story is awesome and also saw The Titan also an amazing movie to watch for

Watched Infinity Wars. Decent movie but nowhere near the hype it's receiving.
IMDB #9. Ghanta lol.

Thanos was great however.
Not Michael Shannon Zod great but far from the cardboard cut-outs we usually get.

Went for the Hindi version with my nephews and niece, because that's what 90% kids in India watch.
Damn the excitement in the hall was infectious, deafening whoops during some of the hero moments. Made me like the movie far better than it actually was.

The English versions are dead silent, only grownups come to watch those.

6/10
I haven't read the book or watched the original movie, so found this decently engaging. Good cinematography and acting. I'm not sure of Branagh's take on Poirot. Want to know from people who know the character from the book.
Branagh was excellent as Poirat. I was sceptical after all David Suchet has established himself as the definitive Poirot but Branagh pulled it off.

Poirot is supposed to be jolly good huggable and vehemently anti-evil and I believe this was portrayed faithfully in the movie.

The movie wasn't generally well received because Poirot isn't about the mystery but rather immersion in the period and the characters. And it failed somewhat in that respect.

The Shape of Water - 9/10
I thought it was ok. Guillermo really loves recycling that same man-fish creature in every single movie of his.
2x Hellboy's, Pan's Labyrinth, Shape of Water... all employ the same creature with minor modifications.

Definitely not 'Best Movie' material.
Or maybe perfect Oscar material in this 'hyper progressive' mode the Oscars have entered into?

Having LGBT and/or racial bylines practically guarantees an Oscar these days (Get Out was nominated lol).
I was surprised Call Me By Your Name didn't win but then Shape of Water did go one step ahead, foregoing gay or inter-racial tensions for inter-species tension (although there was the former too, all in one swift stroke).

Genius Oscar baiting :D.
Guillermo successfully gamed the system.

Last edited:
Back