Recommend Air Conditioner - 2011 Thread

Ok.. As an update, the Godrej FS3 a/c mentioned in my post above has been paid for. The dealer finally settled for 18.7k inclusive of Premier stabilizer and installation charges. Installation will be done tomorrow it seems. Will update here when it is done.

Edit: It is the FS3 model and not the FE3 as mentioned earlier..

vishalrao said:
Guys, if I wanted to buy a Hitachi AC here in Pune which is the best place to go? Vijay Sales? or where?
You can visit Tata Croma too. They sell Hitachi. Other then that there are many consumer electronic showrooms at CAMP, Tilak Road etc where you might get Hitachi at a much lower price if you bargain.

rcsourav said:
Thanks TheIndian for your reply, but would it be within my budget and what about the after sales for Toshiba in Kolkata.

When you go for Japanese stuff, your budget has to be "Japanese" too, some things are about common sense and I am not going to elaborate here on them. I only mentioned Toshiba because they not available in retail outlets.

As for A.S.S of carrier in your area, I cant really say, since I live in Mumbai. But my experience on their ASS has been great -

tush said:
You can visit Tata Croma too. They sell Hitachi. Other then that there are many consumer electronic showrooms at CAMP, Tilak Road etc where you might get Hitachi at a much lower price if you bargain.
Well I for one have heard really bad reviews of Croma and Vijay sales. Keep an eye on the dealer and if possible ask in your friend circle about the service.

+LT

went around and did a bit search at COOLEX exhibition in chandigarh.

These are the choices i got now:

Samsung 3 star - AS183ZC - 23990

Carrier 3 star - ESTRELLA -26950

Hitachi 3 star - 27990

O general 3 Star - 27490

Blue Star 3 Star - 23500

Haier 3 Star - 19990

Voltas 3 Star - 20500

[All are 1.5 Ton windows ACs]

are these prices reasonable? (they include installation and stabliser etc.)

Can voltas be considered?

Which is better between Carrier and O General?

which would be the best choice?

plz answer asap as i gotta make a choice till tomorrow.

In my room, there is already a window AC installed. I want to replace it with a new one. Should i go for window AC or split one? What the pros/cons of having a window AC over split one ??? Please guide.

^ 1.5 ton panasonic ac can go till 30.5 k(may be more) try it out. I have a dealer from where I am buying Panasonic AC 2 ton for 35.5 k. Another dealer not was willing to go below 36.5k.

After deciding amongst Panasonic and LG, I have decided to go with Panasonic. (No idea why the fellow who lives upstairs is not using his AC, happens to be LG installed during June end last year). I have heard from pretty many folks that LG are noise prone.

You take your pick, but make sure you bargain.

+LT

I ended up purchasing Panasonics - 1.5 tonne 3 star for 25k and 1T 2 star for 18k. Very decent prices. The EER of the 1.5T is 9.8 which is quite close to the 4 star rated models from Hitachi.

I think this thread would be suitable for my query...I have 2 Samsung 1.5 Ton Window ACs. They been used for 8-9 years. One of them, which has been in my room, has been used a lot and now I notice that it hasn't been cooling effectively. Do I need to replace the freon gas or something in it? How much would this cost?

Hey guys.

I need to get an AC for my flat's master bedroom, which is around 230 sq ft on the 4th floor, with 7 floors above me.

The flat is east facing so sunlight hits the room directly at sunrise till almost noon. Though the windows are insulated, the room still gets hot enough for me to get very irritated and not sleep in it for most days. This all started with the temperature rise in Pune.

My budget is no bar as such but VFM is very important and my flat can only have a split. Nonetheless I want to keep the overall cost inclusive of installation as low as possible. Don't care much about power savings. I'm researching on the cube right now.

Usage is after 8pm to 8am on weekdays. Almost all day on weekends.

Please advise what I should get or look into.

TIA

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

For a 230 sq.ft room, a 2 ton a/c would be the bare minimum needed. You need to fix an upper limit to your budget for better suggestions. Something from Hitachi would be a good choice.

Upper limit is 25k ATM, I can push it if need be. Don't think I can get a 2 ton is that. It also doesn't make sense to get a 2 ton for just 2 months usage (maximum).

The only reason I'm thinking about this is after reading Gannu's thread, CUBE looks interesting for the cost. So if I pay more than a cube it would depend on what I get.

A 230 sq ft room can be airconditioned by a 1.5 tonner easily. You don't need to get a 2 tonner.

I'd suggest the Panasonic Econ Pearl 1.5T. I recently got it for 25k. Its 3 star rated and has a pretty decent EER of 9.8.

Chaos said:
A 230 sq ft room can be airconditioned by a 1.5 tonner easily. You don't need to get a 2 tonner.

I'd suggest the Panasonic Econ Pearl 1.5T. I recently got it for 25k. Its 3 star rated and has a pretty decent EER of 9.8.
I to agree with Chaos. My bedroom's about 280 sq. ft. The Panasonic 2 tonner, cools it down to 24-25 degrees in about 10 minutes and then would cool down again in about a minute or so.

+LT

Yup it is! At that budget you are basically choosing between Panasonic and Whirlpool. If you can find a Sharp or a Sanyo (very hard to source), those are excellent choices as well. If you are willing to spend 30+, you can choose Daikin/Fujitsu General/Toshiba/Mitsubishi.

Avoid all the indian/korean brands like plague.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Also forgot to mention, I had a look at an installed cube - it is very very noisy compared to a conventional split. I'd not recommend it.

Back