[Recommendations] Metal/Rock [All sub genres]

Thanks #[member='stalker'] and #[member='ALPHA17'].

I've listened a couple of times to both albums of Blackfield last year. Have Meshuggah, but other than Obzen and Destroy, Erase, Improve, I cannot get through their albums in one sitting. Any idea how Koloss sounds?

Will try the rest.

Any idea how Koloss sounds?

Never heard of this band, will see if I get time to listen them on my morning Metro runs.

As for the rest have you heard Bolt Thrower, In Flames and Blind Guardian?

Hope you enjoy the same. Cheers!! \m/ //\\ \m/

Koloss is actually Meshuggah's latest album. Mixing the opinion in this fan review and the reviews on Amazon, looks like it could be a tad softer in comparison to their previous albums - something I might actually try.

Nopes! have not heard the three you've mentioned. I am usually terribly slow... like getting to know only 2/3 new bands every half year
<

Koloss is actually Meshuggah's latest album. Mixing the opinion in this fan review and the reviews on Amazon, looks like it could be a tad softer in comparison to their previous albums - something I might actually try.

Nopes! have not heard the three you've mentioned. I am usually terribly slow... like getting to know only 2/3 new bands every half year

BTBAM I dug both colors and the great misdirect.

Dillinger Escape Plan - the old stuff is straight up hardcore. But Option Paralysis is excellent. I dig it.

Intronaut's both albums, I think there's a new one as well. Saw them live, was good. Lots of talent there.

Glassjaw - The Coloring Book. superb album. Trippy.

Meshuggah - same old same old. Grumpy math prof metal. Pioneers though. I guess. Haake kills but with a cold heart. Gavin Harrison (porcupine tree) and Jojo Mayer (Nerve)FTW.

Other random recos - White Pony and the latest album of Deftones.

Jane doe.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Are you in Delhi, I don't want to be a lonely figure out there? Lets gather a bunch of like minded chaps here on TE and meet up at Prgati Maidan on that day, what say you?
I'm in Kharagpur. I really want to go but right now I'm not sure if I'll be free at that time. Nevertheless, anyone able to go should not miss this. Nile is probably the best death metal band around.

I am trying out a few bands. Not sure how many (or if any) I'll end up liking. But, of them only one artist has my attention right now - Ihsahn's solo project (angL and After). One track in particular has stood out and it's no coincidence that Akerfeldt does the guest vocals on "Unhealer" from angL.

I am trying / will try album(s) from - Mogwai, Animals as Leaders, Pelican, Russian Circles, Explosions in the Sky, In Flames, Mastodon, Voyager, Ikuinen Kaamos. I also tried a bit of Meshuggah's 'Koloos', but as usual, could not get into it.

In Mourning is coming out with their third album, The Weight of Oceans. From the sample, it seems to be similar to their past two albums.

Thanks #[member='stalker'] and #[member='ALPHA17'].

I've listened a couple of times to both albums of Blackfield last year. Have Meshuggah, but other than Obzen and Destroy, Erase, Improve, I cannot get through their albums in one sitting. Any idea how Koloss sounds?

Will try the rest.

Koloss is pretty entertaining. I'd rate Catch 33 and Koloss over Obzen though I'd rate Chaosphere above those albums. Btw if you like polyrythms then you should check out our own thayambaka performances;

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4Kj2CqiM4E&feature=player_embedded[/media]

imo these own anything by meshuggah.

also regarding ihshan have you checked out peccatum and starofash? Iter.Viator and Lakhesis are excellent imo.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwfozPstIEk[/media]

So Nile tour of India called off due to visa issues. Official statement on FB.

Listening to Municipal Waste's new album.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Back