Red Dead Redemption - Discussion Thread

Cleared up a few more towns, cleared off Tumble Weed Graveyard and Coot's Chapel graveyard. Just one more to go and that will take care of Seth's mission. Collected 5 Desert Sages for Nigel Dicken's mission and 5 Violet Snowdrop needs to be collected now. Last but not the least, need to capture a Retcher alive for McKean's stranger mission. This is going to be a pain in the arse, as the last time I tried it in Gaptooth Ridge, I got over-run by the undead horde.

Ammo is so scarce in the game, I'm leaving the game will come back after I'm done with Black Ops Xbox 360 version.

dinjo said:
Ammo is so scarce in the game, I'm leaving the game will come back after I'm done with Black Ops Xbox 360 version.

Jep! Ammo is in rarity out here. I keep searching those undead people for loot and they barely give anything. I'm really short on Sniper rifle ammo right now. Will build it up after saving those town folks.

Completed the Undead Nightmare. Took me close to 7:19:46 in total. Saved all the towns in the Western States and just 3-4 more left in Mexico. The end was very surprising. Overall, the game was total fun, mindless action, good dialogues, funny characters and storyline etc. My completion rate is currently at 66%. 100% is easily doable if you get the challenges done quickly.

damn man i always visit this thread, with a big heart, thinking there might be a news for the PC version of this game - always have been disappointed.

Aman27deep said:
damn man i always visit this thread, with a big heart, thinking there might be a news for the PC version of this game - always have been disappointed.

Aman, I think it's about time you enter the console world. Get a second hand 360. If you sell off your PSP, then you could probably chip in some extra cash and get a 360. Problem solved!

Ethan_Hunt said:
Aman, I think it's about time you enter the console world. Get a second hand 360. If you sell off your PSP, then you could probably chip in some extra cash and get a 360. Problem solved!

dinjo said:
Yeah PC games have gone dead now.
Actually i'm very sure i'll get a PS3 in Q2 of 2011. I have major exams now in March, and after that i'll get it, along with a sweet LCD :p

Completed the Seth Mission after which it says to help some citizens and have been doing missing person missions , how long would it take to come up new mission ?
Expecting this mission to be come up "American Imperialism"

Finally West Dickens mission(Train) came up now the problem is its not autosaving when i save my game to different slot but everytime i resume the game it starts from last auto slot and not from last save which game did after completion of mission

*confused* You have one slot assigned permanently for auto-save and the rest for manual saves. The game always defaults to the auto-save slot while loading the game from the time you first launch the game. Once inside, you can select and load the one you want.

But once i have loaded the slot 2 game and when mission is completed shouldn't it overwrite the autoslot ?

dinjo said:
But once i have loaded the slot 2 game and when mission is completed shouldn't it overwrite the autoslot ?

Auto-Save won't over-write on any manual slot, it will keep piling up in the allotted auto-save slot.

Not necessarily. If you want Marston to wake up in a designated place where you saved, then yes, you'll have to manually load and save it. At least I used to follow this rule. How long does it take anyway? If you have cleared enough towns from the undead horde, you should have plenty of safe houses to save.

Back