Red Dead Redemption - Discussion Thread

maybe. but when the download started it said int the progress "activating product..." ans started downloading. Now i'm downloading it. will see in the morning what really happens.

Funny moment part 1: I had to travel to Tall Trees to secure a location from the undead. I was standing close to a lake, as soon as I whistled to call upon my horse, the undead steed came in lightning fast speed. I somehow hopped on-board it, but it didn't heel and jumped straight into the lake. BAM! Game Over. *%&$#*% :mad:

Note to self: Avoid standing near water in RDR games.

Also had to put down
Drew McFarlane. Bonnie was really sad, but hey someone had to put him down. I'm sure he was a good man, or at least he seemed in RDR.

Got the game. i don't know if I paid for it or not but i got it from PSN. The 1st mission was damn funny:rofl:. Too bad i can play till 11th Dec. Got exams

Ethan_Hunt said:
I was standing close to a lake, as soon as I whistled to call upon my horse, the undead steed came in lightning fast speed. I somehow hopped on-board it, but it didn't heel and jumped straight into the lake. BAM! Game Over. *%&$#*% :mad:

Note to self: Avoid standing near water in RDR games.

Brainless Pony .. :rofl:

Just imagining the scene and thank God this didnt happened in The Man with no name trilogy :rofl:

Thx for sharing this :D

Spacescreamer said:
Thx for sharing this :D
Part of the reason why RDR moments are so special and funny. You just can't help but look back and laugh at 'em. :)

Are you planning to start RDR, Space?

The physics in this game is jaw-dropping. You can actually see the grass below Marston's feet sway as he moves over it. Plus the light streaming is handled brilliantly. This engine has a great potential, if further exploited.

^Seriously. Talk about GTA 4 on the PS3! If this is the way they are going to port Maxpayne 3 to the PS3, damn you R*! :mad:

xXx said:
^The RAGE Engine is under-utilised on PS3 :|
A lot of engines are under-utilised on the PS3. With such a beefy hardware, they should aim for maximum optimisation on it. This console can pull off UC2 and Gow of War III, for crying out loud.

R* is behind LA Noire too, right ??? Which engine they are using for that game ??? Team Bondi definitely wont be working on RAGE Engine....

xXx said:
R* is behind LA Noire too, right ??? Which engine they are using for that game ??? Team Bondi definitely wont be working on RAGE Engine....
Team Bondi's proprietary engine they say. Not RAGE definitely.

All PS3 exclusives have had some awesome optimisation with the console's hardware. When the dev. works for porting it to the consoles and the PC, I guess priority goes for the PC since a majority bank on them. Which is why console ports have poor and average PQ with some games. R* is a classic instance of such a dev. :mad:

dinjo said:
Map shows green area to search for more survivors but cannot find anyone
Keep looking around. You'll see someone firing from the rooftops or while riding a horse. Then the map will have a blue marker on it, which indicates the group leader of the survivors for that area. Talk to him/her and aid them in cleaning off the undead population in there.

The controls are a bit laggy which i didn't find in PS3 version of the game, but yah shooting became lot more easier with 360 controller

Back