Red Dead Redemption - Discussion Thread

Desecrator said:
Damn it! The game isn't available with prashant for the PS3 as yet. :mad:
Desecrator said:
Darn these lucky dawgs who owns a X360. :mad:

LOL... I am still trying locate a decently priced XBOX 360 version of the game. :p I was planning to get this for the 360 since I have read comparisons that stated the 360 version is visually better (like with GTA4). I will not be able to tolerate the PS3 version if its going to look anything like the PS3 version of GTA4. In any case, all the copies available on eBay are the 360 version and all of them cost 2.9k. Praashant has stock for neither version.

Lord Nemesis said:
I have read comparisons that stated the 360 version is visually better (like with GTA4). I will not be able to tolerate the PS3 version if its going to look anything like the PS3 version of GTA4

Now wonder why! :\

Native resolution:
720p (Xbox 360)

640p (PlayStation 3)

Feel like shooting those R* bastids! :mad:

Prashaant do have RDR 360 but that too was limited in stock and was sold out soon.

PS3 version is scheduled for Tuesday

^Yeah damn it. This really sucks. Anyways the only workaround is to set the resolution in the PS3 to 720p and let your LCD do the upscaling for you. Works quite OK'ish.

RDR runs on the same engine as GTA4 (RAGE + Euphoria), so they both the same limitations on PS3 and 360. That's why I specifically checked for the graphical difference between the two to see if any thing has changed. According to a few comments I read, the difference in visual quality between the two versions is more than what was in GTA4. In any case here a video comparison of both versions.

[youtube]Tfis9MxJzHY[/youtube]

^Be sure to check the availability is person before you commit to the purchase. AFAIK RDR for the PS3 has not landed in India as yet.

Got RDR yesterday...havent played it though...as i wanna complete Final Fantasy XIII before getting hooked onto RDR.

Also got Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY 3D version ;)

^Congrats! :)

Btw do let us know how the graphics appealed to you.

And what's with the 3D version of Batman? Do you have a 3D capable display? :p

B:AA GOTY doesn't require a 3D TV. It works on old formula of layers of 2D images with Red + Blue glasses ;)

I will surely try it tonight....RDR :thumb:

Well i played it yesterday night for half n hour, wanted to continue but had to complete FF XIII.

The game looks good on PS3 and I do not think there is any noticeable difference b/w 360 or PS3.

Just that it looks sharper on 360 than PS3, PS3 version looks a bit gloomy similar to GTA4 :)

BTW the 360 version looks amazing, PS3 not so much
Im surprised that this is happening although the PS is more powerful.
Seems like the dedicated GPU on the Xbox pays dividends

Congrats! Post your impressions. I decided not to get a copy for the PS3 and rather wait, get an Xbox 360 Arcade and get a copy. :D

Back