Red Dead Redemption - Discussion Thread

Got thru to the second Chapter of RDR....didn't find the story interesting enuff...to hold me onto it....currently watchin AVATAR (Airbender) Season 2.... ;)

will continue after completing Season 3 :D

xXx said:
Got thru to the second Chapter of RDR....didn't find the story interesting enuff...to hold me onto it
Interesting! Probably the first response of its kind. How did the graphics appeal to you?

Graphics...are good not at par with other games, but I have to appreciate the DETAILING they have done...in the game....it convinces you of a true WILD WEST experience !

The load times are irritating...may be I am used to other games, which do not use long loading times. UC2 & GOW3 loads @ start then its continuous affair. Even Batman & FF XIII was easy on loading part. The first load takes around 20-25secs approx and if u die, it takes around 12-15 secs approx. or may be more...i have not timed it...

Also on Graphics part, there is a certain layer thing on the whole game, similar to GTA IV, which gave feeling of dewiness in Game World. I guess correct term would be Saturation / hue :S

The start was brilliant to the game, especially the Title & first scene. Then it again went down hill for me...as i sensed Deja Vu of GTA IV, although here it is a bit difference on MORALITY meter i.e. Fame & Honor. Choices we make during Stranger missions. I am a sucker for GOOD STORY, even if the game looks bad, gameplay & story are good enuff to keep me hooked on till the end.

Did not play GTA4 thanks to the bad port of the game to PC but I sure am looking forward for this one as soon as I'm done with Bayonetta and Infamous for the PS3. Should take me less than a fortnight I suppose. :p

...I must admit, I got this game last nite and I simply love it cant wait to finish office and get back to it, another weekend of gaming...This time in the wild wild west....

So how many got the "Dastardly" achievement in the game (in the course of playing and without specifically knowing how to get it) ? :p I got it yesterday in the course of playing and I was surprised.

I got that trophy :p

b/w its a secret trophy, but if u didn't knew abt the achievement, WTH did you tied a Damsel on Train Tracks :mad:

^^LOL... The achievement was totally unknown to me till I got it. In fact I have only 4 or 5 achievements in the game so far. I read afterwards that its supposed to be a secret achievement. As for how I got it, there was this random side mission in the wilderness where this girl called me for help. When I went to her, she dragged me off the horse and tried to run way with it. I whistled for the horse and it threw her down. I was mighty pissed, so I hogtied her and then put her on the railway track a bit after Armadillo where the train was currently halted. I didn't actually know what to expect, but as I watched, the train ran over her creating a bloody explosion and lo I got the achievement.

spoilers / warning ...? :mad:

You guys gotta be kidding me ..

Now that u have done this.. better start sharing the game rating and grip factor as you proceed.

Read somewhere that ppl loose interest as you play it for sometime. Gets kinda boring.. True stuff ??

Spacescreamer said:
Read somewhere that ppl loose interest as you play it for sometime. Gets kinda boring.. True stuff ??

False stuff! If you keep a good balance between doing Stranger missions and the main missions, then it won't get boring at all.

^^ Second that. GTA 4 was boring for me, RDR isn't boring even for a second.

As for rating, I would give it something like

Graphics: 6/10

Audio: 9/10

Gameplay: 9.8/10

Overall: 9.5/10

This is for the 360 version of the game.

Back