Reliance 3G Data Tariff dropped by 50 per cent (1GB for Rs.123)

Would love to see Airtel offering the same. Currently on Rs. 150 data plan on Airtel wherein I am getting 500 MB 2G and 500 MB 3G data.

My experience with Reliance data plans has been really bad. Although airtel service has been satisfactory, last month only my 2G postpaid plan has been increased from Rs 98/2GB to Rs 125/1GB. So this is really welcome news in case others follow suit and should push the usage of 3G services.

I don't trust Failtel at least. They will start capping speeds if they reduce rates. Something less than 1 Mbps.
I will try to click a picture of the speed comparison in a nearby airtel center where they have compares 2G/3G/4G and speeds of 3G have been mentioned around 600 kbps (small b yes). Ridiculous.

Reliance Communications has slashed its 3G rates under a new plan, bringing it on par with 2G data services, under the new 3G data plan, users can access 3G services at Rs 123 for 1 GB, Rs 246 for 2 GB and Rs 492 for 4 GB. Even Reliance has updated its portal with a ticker for the big launch about this plan.

Full Article: http://telecomtalk.info/reliance-to...nt-for-prepaid-and-postpaid-customers/107416/

Will their 3G work for GSM phones ?

Isn't reliance docomo etc CDMA providers when it comes to 3G .

@blr_p

Reliance is both GSM and CDMA. Here we are talking about their GSM 3G thing.
The CDMA thing is called EVDO something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn licenses issue. They don't do 3G in my circle :(

Nor in Mine :(
They have little 3G presence Mostly in the north and eastern states.
FcIr4Oi.png

@blr_p

Reliance is both GSM and CDMA. Here we are talking about their GSM 3G thing.
The CDMA thing is called EVDO something.

Yeah. EVDO.

last time i read, They were planning to Shift all the customers to GSM and Keep CDMA for data.

We can expect 10Gb 3G plans for 500 odd if Jio Kicks 4G in.

Last edited by a moderator:
The issue with 4G is we use a different frequency so a lot of mobile handsets will require an additional router.

That is unless future handsets comply with our 4G freq.

whenever these schemes come up especially from Reliance.. a tune plays in my head.. "Relax said the night man, 'We are programmed to receive. You can check out any time you like, But You can never leave"

:p just like MF's and other easy investment options .. it's super easy to put your money in.. but super tedious to pull your money out :p

All of us who are not on reliance should start sending the porting out SMS to the operator. Then the operator (if cares) will call you to ask what the problem is. Tell them reliance reduced 3G rates so i am going there :p

I hope aircel do the same asap. Their 1gb pack is for 198 I believe.

Aircel can do even cheaper than others :p May be 98/Gb? They Gave 2Gb for Rs.242 ( only New connections). What is wrong if they give it for old connections also? :D

Lets see by today we should get an another PR from another Teleco Regarding price Reduction of 3G packs.

Aircel can do even cheaper than others :p May be 98/Gb? They Gave 2Gb for Rs.242 ( only New connections). What is wrong if they give it for old connections also? :D

Lets see by today we should get an another PR from another Teleco Regarding price Reduction of 3G packs.

Hope so. or may be 98 for 2gb ? that be epic and slap on the face of reliance right there.

Back