Reliance 3G Services Launched in 4 Cities

What APN settings are you usnig for this to connect your mobile to the PC?

I tried connecting my e71 to the PC. The Nokia PC Internet software wasnt able to recognise the APN.

But when i tried browsing through mobile, it by default took the NetConnect access point.

I am not getting speeds as impressive as ggt but it is ok. Getting around 150-190kBps but have blank periods in between where there are no transfers.

^you see you have a 3.6mbps phone.
Do the same test on nokia c5 and revert back.
Also the signal values are like -51dbm.
That signal quality is the best owing to my strategic location of the reliance tower and my room.
:)

I don't know why but my SIM can only connect with SMARTWAP and nothing.....:(

Is the APN depend on area or plan ?

Cos when I use Rs.5 or 51 or 99 GPRS pack my SIM can able to connect with other APNs.

Bur,with out any special pack it unable to connect with any APN except SMARTWAP.....:S

MrHunt said:
I am able to browse the web on my phone finally via the rcomwap setting
the first one here : 3G Mobile Internet | 3G Wireless Mobile Broadband

but i am not able to browse the net by using ovi suite for nokia phones. and the speed is not great on phone either. Help needed !
Configure your proxies in the control panel internet setting or use the rcomnet apn to use it without any proxies.
On my nokia C5 i get max speeds of around 6OOKB/sec.
And i dont even get the dataless intervals on the phone. Its just on pc that i get excess speeds of 1.2MB/sec and then a lag period of few seconds.

@ggt, I'm also using Nokia C5-00 with BSNL 3G.But speed is not that good.I'm getting 170-192kBps(approx. 1.5mbps).Signal strength -69dBm__-61dBm.Is it a problem of my Nokia C5 or is it just because of BSNL's crappy network here in Kolkata?What do you think?

I am facing this issue wherein data is transferred for some time and then connections sort of blanks out and again the speed accelerates. I am downloading a 600 MB file using IDM and it races the speed to 300kBps but then there is sudden drop to 0 Bytes / sec and then again accelerates.

@ggt

You also facing this issue ?

Guys how are you people using the pay as you go plan? 10p/10kb, comes to Rs 10 per mb and with 3g speeds, that's close to Rs 10 every 2 seconds. :no:

How do we activate the 3g packs mentioned in the site?

arun687 said:
Guys how are you people using the pay as you go plan? 10p/10kb, comes to Rs 10 per mb and with 3g speeds, that's close to Rs 10 every 2 seconds. :no:

How do we activate the 3g packs mentioned in the site?
Me and raksrules have struck a deal (exclusive) with them.
Its no use tellin about it

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

raksrules said:
I am facing this issue wherein data is transferred for some time and then connections sort of blanks out and again the speed accelerates. I am downloading a 600 MB file using IDM and it races the speed to 300kBps but then there is sudden drop to 0 Bytes / sec and then again accelerates.

@ggt
You also facing this issue ?
I have limited my no of connections to 4 in IDM for reliance and i download 2 files simultaneously.
I time the download of those 2 files at some time interval between them so that i get constant data supply.

Back