Reliance Jio introduces new unlimited 5G plans to be available from 3rd July

anmolbhard004

Disciple
NEW PLANS FROM JIO EFFECTIVE FROM 3 JULY RECHARGE BEFORE THAT IF YOUR PLAN EVEN ENDS AFTER A MONTH.

ALSO UNLIMITED 5G IS NOW ONLY FOR PLANS 2GB/DAY AND ABOVE .
jio.png

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I suggest you recharge your Jio number before 3 July, 2024, if you want unlimited 5G data at a reasonable price.<br><br>Go with these two super value plans ₹1559 (336 days) or ₹395 (84 days).<br><br>Also note that 4G data on ₹1559 will be only 24GB for 336 days and 6GB in ₹395 plan for… <a href="https://t.co/XwNnd56mgD">pic.twitter.com/XwNnd56mgD</a></p>&mdash; Abhishek Yadav (@yabhishekhd) <a href=" ">June 27, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:
@roadrash99 @anmolbhard004 These are not just 5G prices. Jio doesn't have any such distinction wrt prices. If you recharged 2999 then you got the exact same benefits regardless of whether you were on 4G or 5G.

This is a hike for every single Jio consumer. I recommend everybody to purchase that annual plan right now unless you want to pay massive extras. Note that any new plan you pay for gets queued and gets activated only on the day your current plan expires. You won't loss anything by paying in advance.

Also thank you @anmolbhard004 for this timely news. I expected these price hikes from the free 4G days but man have this gone through the roof now. From 2399 to 2999 and now 3599. I fear this is going to hit 4999 in 2025-26. They are hiking it by Rs.600 every year.

Last edited:
@roadrash99 @anmolbhard004 These are not just 5G prices. Jio doesn't have any such distinction wrt prices. If you recharged 2999 then you got the exact same benefits regardless of whether you were on 4G or 5G.

This is a hike for every single Jio consumer. I recommend everybody to purchase that annual plan right now unless you want to pay massive extras. Note that any new plan you pay for gets queued and gets activated only on the day your current plan expires. You won't loss anything by paying in advance.

Also thank you @anmolbhard004 for this timely news. I expected these price hikes from the free 4G days but man have this gone through the roof now. From 2399 to 2999 and now 3599. I fear this is going to hit 4999 in 2025-26. They are hiking it by Rs.600 every year.
yes I just recharged mine with a annual plan.

I think, BSNL/MTNL 4G Service is gaining speed and also Vi started 5G services in some circles, JIO want to tap users for few more months under it's service, before cost sensitive users shift to low or cheap price BSNL/MTNL/Vi ... but at same time we don't have good experience of service from BSNL/MTNL/Vi .. so it's like Gamble .... ???

if I recharge 2-3 times than would it be queued and gets activated only on the day my current plan expires?

Last edited:
I think, BSNL/MTNL 4G Service is gaining speed and also Vi started 5G services in some circles, JIO want to tap users for few more months under it's service, before cost sensitive users shift to low or cheap price BSNL/MTNL/Vi ... but at same time we don't have good experience of service from BSNL/MTNL/Vi .. so it's like Gamble .... ???

if I recharge 2-3 times than would it be queued and gets activated only on the day my current plan expires?
yes you can do 5/6 recharges . Once the plan which is activated finishes then next starts
You can also manually activate any other/new plan concurrently with existing Plan

yes you can do 5/6 recharges
You mean if one pays for 5-6 annual packs, they are all gonna get queued till like 2030? In that case, I wonder how many paid for (multiple year terms) that 2,399 annual plan when it was bumped to 2999.
I have only ever paid for one pack in advance at max. But it's safe to assume that you can pay for as many packs as you want and they would all be queued.

You mean if one pays for 5-6 annual packs, they are all gonna get queued till like 2030? In that case, I wonder how many paid for (multiple year terms) that 2,399 annual plan when it was bumped to 2999.
yes
at one time earlier i had 9 plans , Now it might have changed not sure though
NEW PLANS FROM JIO EFFECTIVE FROM 3 JULY RECHARGE BEFORE THAT IF YOUR PLAN EVEN ENDS AFTER A MONTH.
ALSO UNLIMITED 5G IS NOW ONLY FOR PLANS 2GB/DAY AND ABOVE .
Thanks for updating, recharged annual Plan

I have only ever paid for one pack in advance at max. But it's safe to assume that you can pay for as many packs as you want and they would all be queued.
same I only paid for one recharge in advance .
@kuduku you sure this 5/6 thing works now?

same I only paid for one recharge in advance .
@kuduku you sure this 5/6 thing works now?
yes
We recommend that you recharge in advance to continue enjoying uninterrupted services. Plans recharged in advance shall remain in queue, without losing benefits of the current plan.

Heard there will be aggressive tariff hikes over the next few years. This will be an interesting monopoly in the long run. A nonexistent scam took down many players in the industry. We could have had a nice ten-player market, with some regional and strong players, but we are heading towards a strong monopoly.

Heard there will be aggressive tariff hikes over the next few years. This will be an interesting monopoly in the long run. A nonexistent scam took down many players in the industry. We could have had a nice ten-player market, with some regional and strong players, but we are heading towards a strong monopoly.
Any further hike is going to be too much. But we're probably looking at 5,999 for that annual plan in next two years. Airtel never cared about being competitive with prices and they will always be pricier than Jio. Vi.. Idk about them. But they will likely join the hike party as well.

BSNL is affordable but their network coverage is so underwhelming that you're better off not paying at all.

Back