Reliance Jio introduces new unlimited 5G plans to be available from 3rd July

Have fun praising the duopoly.

Sad and frustrating, but expected

Frustrating part is the hikes every other year are not near inflation at all. They're quadruple the inflation rates.

This is the definition of extortion.
The data doesn't cost them a lot because you're anyways getting unlimited data with broadband and that's not hiked at all in the years. Got cheaper even more so because of competitors. So many ISPs and healthy competition keeping prices in check.

They just want to earn more that's all.

Jio played the game of making every Indian person habitual for data
and what they watch on DATA is another big issue, even small children too start watching what they should not watch at their age

time to enter in telecom sector by ADANI .... mota bhai No.2, please came and help us to survive by offering low price pack. There were testing that make electricity lines/cables to carry internet data also, soon we may witness Adani entry in Telecom via Electricity Line all over in Mumbai etc. metros.....

Last edited:
The data doesn't cost them a lot because you're anyways getting unlimited data with broadband and that's not hiked at all in the years. Got cheaper even more so because of competitors. So many ISPs and healthy competition keeping prices in check.
who said this? look up the costs of operating a mobile tower vs just laying cables, broadband is definitely cheaper to run, though its definitely not to the point of these tariff hikes, iirc JIo was profitable with the last tariff hike

FB_IMG_1719557348206.jpg

This. I don't need unlimited data or unlimited calls, just need incoming and few minutes talktime every month. Back then 50rs top up was enough to last me several months.
Same situation here. I probably talk 2 to 3 hours a month (including those annoyingly long family calls which i simply can't avoid), and I need about 1 GB data per month. 395 plan was already pushing it, now it's 22% up. This annoys me greatly. Needing to pay unnecessary extra is unacceptable. Some morons simply waste mobile phone calls being on the phone gossiping utter trash 247, and wasting data on garbage material, and those of us who use mobile reservedly have to pay for that.
22 percent is a steep, unjust ****ing increase.

Just wondering...why dont you all switch to postpaid plan....My plan (unchanged for 5+ years) on airtel costs <300...

Are these legacy plans only available for long time customers which are not present for new customers?

Just wondering...why dont you all switch to postpaid plan....My plan (unchanged for 5+ years) on airtel costs <300...

Are these legacy plans only available for long time customers which are not present for new customers?
Jio till 02-07-2024 have Rs.395/- 84 days (100 free sms, unlimited call and 6GB Data)

Same situation here. I probably talk 2 to 3 hours a month (including those annoyingly long family calls which i simply can't avoid), and I need about 1 GB data per month. 395 plan was already pushing it, now it's 22% up. This annoys me greatly. Needing to pay unnecessary extra is unacceptable. Some morons simply waste mobile phone calls being on the phone gossiping utter trash 247, and wasting data on garbage material, and those of us who use mobile reservedly have to pay for that.
22 percent is a steep, unjust ****ing increase.
It's sad being in the minority. If you're using Airtel get an Airtel axis CC, with cashback from recharging for 2 people and electricity payments it should offset these tariff increases.

who said this? look up the costs of operating a mobile tower vs just laying cables, broadband is definitely cheaper to run, though its definitely not to the point of these tariff hikes, iirc JIo was profitable with the last tariff hike
Jio Fiber also have very weird T&C that they will not offer connection to single user but whole society, why they want whole society when only few want to go with Jio and others are happy with local service providers.

If Jio have good service at good rate others soon will follow them.

What's the monthly/annual cost of the base plans of the WiFi/Broadband internet/Or anything else that you pay for? Just curious.
500 monthly 100mps ,local guy, unlimited internet the highest i have used is 3TB in a month so can't say if theirs any FUP but they dont block any website like Airtel and jio including torrent,
1300 if you pay quarterly

Jio Fiber also have very weird T&C that they will not offer connection to single user but whole society, why they want whole society when only few want to go with Jio and others are happy with local service providers.

If Jio have good service at good rate others soon will follow them.
because they need to install a box outside your home for which they require NOC from society and the old moron heading society committee thinks 5G or fiber will give them cancer so they create a huge ruckus,also because fiber wire is expensive it doesnt make sense for they to lay wire just for 1 user

because of the cost of laying cable, I had to chase after the jio guy in charge for over a year before they finally laid the cable in our colony, but our case was different since jio was the only isp who was offering fiber, so almost all residents got a jio connection

I remember having to pay around 600 per month for pathetic broadband speeds. That added up to 7200 per year for atrocious internet. So again, it's not a black and white scenario at all. I have benefitted massively thanks to Jio
While the telecom debate is valid, this is absolutely nuts. I had 40 mbps plan with 500 GB monthly limit paying only 800 a month long before JIO launched their fibre. ACT fibrenet was the one who was really transforming the internet connection in South India. Many operators across the country started around the same time. And my internet connection was stable with very good speeds even then.

I got 40 Mbps in 2016 and then stayed at 40-50 mbps till 2023, no increase for 7 years while paying the same amount throughout. Recently moved to 100 mbps for 900 per month.

While Jio might have brought down data tariff, they've also brought back validity and now their base plan pretty much resembles what we had then, 2 GB for 200, albeit, with free calling. In a few months, there will be absolutely no way to maintain a number with less than ₹200/month, which is absolutely atrocious for a secondary number. Owning a phone number is becoming a privilege. Back in the day, people had 3-4 numbers active. Now even 2 is difficult for an ordinary person.

because of the cost of laying cable, I had to chase after the jio guy in charge for over a year before they finally laid the cable in our colony, but our case was different since jio was the only isp who was offering fiber, so almost all residents got a jio connection
Hathway didn't put forward any such T&C, they even walk last mile for me before Corona, but after Jio Took over Hathway, Jio did all things they can do to tarnish Hathway image & shun away maximum user they can

Obviously, why will other operators be at a loss?
Every operator is already aware about what its competitor is going to come up with and they are already ready with their new plans but just wait for someone to reveal their cards and then every patta gets revealed... and this creates even more confusion for the consumer!

So, if Jio shits, others are bound to shit the same way and if everyone have observed, its only Jio who makes the first move since the 4g days.

Back