Reliance Jio introduces new unlimited 5G plans to be available from 3rd July

While the telecom debate is valid, this is absolutely nuts. I had 40 mbps plan with 500 GB monthly limit paying only 800 a month long before JIO launched their fibre.
I reckon I have been misunderstood here. I was not pointing to JIO Fibre. Not comparing broadbands or fibers at all. I know that if one needs a lot of data, then broadband/fiber is the way to go. My point is I was forced to dish out too much for an inferior speed and service. Yes, my provider sucked. To repeat, I am comparing my old provider with Jio 4G, not with other broadband providers from back then or Jio Fiber with any other brand.

For those who are paying separately for internet, unlimited or otherwise, these tarrifs are basically waste of money.

As I said earlier, we need old plans from all providers just for validity and calls. To give people the choice.

Last edited:
AirTel is number 1 & eveready to increase price, it was Vi & Jio that keep AirTel down or not to increase price insanely initially, but latter Vi down with coverage/service/no spectrum etc. only Jio was there who challenge AirTel and stop it from price increasing but now Jio too on higher side, AirTel within month will topple Jio pack prices for sure.....
As I said earlier, we need old plans from all providers just for validity and calls. To give people the choice.
Yes, in our extended family nearly 4-5 members recharge just for emergency and nothing else, their monthly/bi-monthly recharges is just wastage of hard earned money.

only Jio was there who challenge AirTel and stop it from price increasing but now Jio too on higher side, AirTel within month will topple Jio pack prices for sure.....
it already has lol
Yes, in our extended family nearly 4-5 members recharge just for emergency and nothing else, their monthly/bi-monthly recharges is just wastage of hard earned money.
why not shift to bsnl if maintaining validity/incoming is the only thing?

Obviously, why will other operators be at a loss?
Every operator is already aware about what its competitor is going to come up with and they are already ready with their new plans but just wait for someone to reveal their cards and then every patta gets revealed... and this creates even more confusion for the consumer!

So, if Jio shits, others are bound to shit the same way and if everyone have observed, its only Jio who makes the first move since the 4g days.
Lol exactly.

Jio is like the Apple of the telecom world (in terms of herd copying by competitors). They pee and poo, everyone pees and poos. Like how when Apple got rid of the headphone jack, introduced the notch, stopped bundling chargers, every other (major) competitor started doing the same thing.

it already has lol

why not shift to bsnl if maintaining validity/incoming is the only thing?
MTNL in Mumbai is nearly dead. Seems they have 3G towers only near their exchanges which means that the connection is next to useless. BSNL might have better coverage but pretty sure it is not for long in this world along with government ownership of Vi and will be offloaded.
Lol exactly.

Jio is like the Apple of the telecom world (in terms of herd copying by competitors). They pee and poo, everyone pees and poos. Like how when Apple got rid of the headphone jack, introduced the notch, stopped bundling chargers, every other (major) competitor started doing the same thing.
It must be noted that Jio was only in the position to spend because they were allowed to take the backdoor to getting broadband spectrum converted to voice for cheap while saddling all the other operators with spectrum debt and legacy networks. The intent all along was to try to monopolise as much as possible with only Airtel being able to follow through. Of course fund diversion from other units also gave them deep pockets along with selling of data to Google/Meta.

The Reliance way has always been to use whatever tactics necessary, including otherwise illegal ones, to gain foothold in a new market and then offload it to the highest bidder without any due concern for their customers.

Jio helped the market mature but the price will be paid for years to come.

MTNL in Mumbai is nearly dead. Seems they have 3G towers only near their exchanges which means that the connection is next to useless. BSNL might have better coverage but pretty sure it is not for long in this world along with government ownership of Vi and will be offloaded.

It must be noted that Jio was only in the position to spend because they were allowed to take the backdoor to getting broadband spectrum converted to voice for cheap while saddling all the other operators with spectrum debt and legacy networks. The intent all along was to try to monopolise as much as possible with only Airtel being able to follow through. Of course fund diversion from other units also gave them deep pockets along with selling of data to Google/Meta.

The Reliance way has always been to use whatever tactics necessary, including otherwise illegal ones, to gain foothold in a new market and then offload it to the highest bidder without any due concern for their customers.

Blame the modi govt. They have given them free license to do whatsoever disruption they want to as they ultimately want to eradicate all other telecoms and monopolize themselves.
I'm sure years down it will be only jio this that shit crap everything jio- malls, retails, clothing, fuel, condoms, medicines until bjp falls. I'm not giving any political angle here but this is whats been happening and what might happen sooner or later.

Blame the modi govt. They have given them free license to do whatsoever disruption they want to as they ultimately want to eradicate all other telecoms and monopolize themselves.
I'm sure years down it will be only jio this that shit crap everything jio- malls, retails, clothing, fuel, condoms, medicines until bjp falls. I'm not giving any political angle here but this is whats been happening and what might happen sooner or later.
I Just hope BSNL survives. They seem to be most reasonable to keep a number active only Rs 107 for 35 days .

As for Modi and Ambani....

1st Pre marriage - Rihanna ka dance.
2nd Pre marriage - Shakira ka dance
3rd pre-marriage- Modi ka dance.

Sab ko nachayega Mota bhai.

I Just hope BSNL survives
It seems there is no intent. The government intentionally kept it backward so people would migrate to Jio for 4G/5G.

1719587705301.png

The above targets are already delayed, and I have no doubt the government will find reasons to delay further, weakening BSNL to sell it to Adani. Even the merger with MTNL is delayed. I have no issues with privatization, but weakening a good company just to sell it to friends is just legalized corruption.

It seems there is no intent. The government intentionally kept it backward so people would migrate to Jio for 4G/5G.

View attachment 200237

The above targets are already delayed, and I have no doubt the government will find reasons to delay further, weakening BSNL to sell it to Adani. Even the merger with MTNL is delayed. I have no issues with privatization, but weakening a good company just to sell it to friends is just legalized corruption.
I agree with you .
Every thing with BSNL is pointing towards selling it off.

I was shocked BSNL not working in Delhi.
For me bsnl has worked in some of the most remotest part of India where I don't think Jio or Airtel is much interested as usually the towers get damaged much often there and so requires more expenses to maintain.

after Jio/AirTel, Flipkart too on price increasing trend, Acer laptop that avail for 29,999/- till today morning, now price increased to 30,999/- product link here

See how inflation keep increasing in India (for no good reason) .... very dangerous trend started ....

1st Pre marriage - Rihanna ka dance.
2nd Pre marriage - Shakira ka dance
Honestly though, what's the point of such pointless waste of money? What psychology could be driving such actions? I can understand sending invitations but paying insane money for some thumkas I'll never.
after Jio/AirTel, Flipkart too on price increasing trend, Acer laptop that avail for 29,999/- till today morning, now price increased to 30,999/- product link here

See how inflation keep increasing in India (for no good reason) .... very dangerous trend started ....

Last edited:
can any one please call him and tell to look at Jio/Airtel.
If Telecom service provider increase price than a small farmer who may using same service for his day to day work, he too will increase his farm produce price to bear extra cost of recharge and if same chain going on and on than forget reducing inflation to 4% but will be even hard to put below 6% ?
*** (Corresponding inflation rate for rural and urban is 5.43% and 4.11%, respectively.13 May 2024)

Honestly though, what's the point of such pointless waste of money? What psychology could be driving such actions? I can understand sending invitations but paying insane money for some thumkas I'll never.
This might completely derail the thread but still thought must answer your query as the answer goes deeper than what we are mostly just joking about . TBH I really don't blame them at all. It happens to almost every Indian families during wedding.

Indian weddings even for many poor people are a big thing . I have seen people taking crazy amount of loans for marriages.
People have sold their properties for wedding.

So it runs in our society to spend insane amounts on wedding..it is actually very normal.

Once my Israeli friend asked me " How much do average middle class family spend during wedding" I said atleast 25 lakhs-40 lakhs ( $50,000) . He could not believe it. I asked how much you guys spend ...he said about $15000 or so. Mostly they have this system Marriage Rsvp, where people invited first accept that invitation and once they do the table is reserved for them and they pay for whatever they order or if their is a fixed price for every person to pay.

Can we even think like this in India?. Pura society hasega.

So coming to this Mr.Ambani wedding... As far as all I have read

That bahu ...Radhika Merchant is huge fan of Rihanna and they wanted to give her the best.

Now I am not trying to body shame anyone but that guy if he was a ordinary guy might have really found difficult to to get a girl.

So they are just doing the best for her on their level.

Now hope that makes you see some fair points for huge spending.

And rest we can remain on topic.

Nailed it!!!

Observations made-
1. Dump your secondary number like your girlfriend.
2. Stop watching females shaking or showing booties and what not in the name of education, entertainment.
3. No matter how much you cry, "Thumare aur aage ke peedi ke L lag chuke hai." Not flaming, but if you analyse the trend, you know where this is going.
4. Stop downloading pubg again and again just to see how fast your 5G is.
5. Think twice before watching or downloading any video on 5G.
You might say, I'll stay on 4G, that I don't need 5G. Rukh jao!! Wait till Jio, Airtel, VI gives danda inside your ganda with deteriorating 4G to accomodate 5G so that you'll have no option other than switching to 5G to experience a decent mobile internet.

I have bsnl 3G and I get 8-9 mbps, which is decent for my requirements. Will use it till Modi decides to sell bsnl to Adani and give another bamboo to customers for future.

What's the best/cheapest plan in BSNL for keeping incoming validity?
I have got the 797 for 300 days plan (cant link it as I cant find it anywhere online and got the recharge after I ported it), it comes out to almost 80rs/month which for me is decent enough, I have a 100rs talk time on it for any emergency calls (rates are pretty high, 1rs/min) but its more than fine for incoming calls/messages.

ah, so you folks cant even use it for calls/messages? that sucks, for me BSNL is just for incoming, my main SIM is Jio for everything, I havent really faced a situation where I have had to rely on BSNL but I do keep some talktime recharge on it and signal strength/call quality has generally been good to me in the few occasions I had to use it
Once my Israeli friend asked me " How much do average middle class family spend during wedding" I said atleast 25 lakhs-40 lakhs ( $50,000) . He could not believe it. I asked how much you guys spend ...he said about $15000 or so. Mostly they have this system Marriage Rsvp, where people invited first accept that invitation and once they do the table is reserved for them and they pay for whatever they order or if their is a fixed price for every person to pay.
that's pretty much the norm in the West, and I prefer it, I see no point in calling over hoards of people I have never met and probably never will
they cant even fix it even if they want to, most of BSNL workers are getting fat on goverment salaries, they dont want to work and since most people who do end up in these jobs are looking to coast for life, they aint gonna do shit and we all know what would happen if govt tries to fire them and re-structure govt entities. This is actually the main issue thats dragging down govt efficiency. Peeps dont want to work because of babu/waris pratha culture and reservation, and if any changes happen you'll know who'll be the first one to scream at the government (re: farm laws), its political suicide for any party to touch it and it'll be like this unless we abolish this culture which aint gonna be happening anytime soon

Last edited:
Back