Reliance Jio Rollout

Paytm is giving discount on Jio recharges. Used the promocode Paytmjio and got 30 discount on my 499 recharge.
PayTM us unnecessarily burning cash in the name of discounts, having said that Jio is giving better schemes for Online Recharge operators 6.5% vs 2% (AVOID). But that doesn't mean you give off Rs 30 off?

PayTM is digging its own grave knowingly. Consumers are always winners!

Nvm, found this:

upload_2017-3-9_22-12-56.png

Anybody been able to grab hold of a jio sim via home delivery?
Need some clarification on the process..
You need a local aadhar card(number) and nothing else. I tried it in Bangalore, though i took my aadhar in Bangalore, my address registered in aadhar is my hometown which is in different state. So their software complained about pincode mismatch and the delivery person did not provide me sim :(

Then i tried home delivery in my native state and the local team called me and said, they don't have resources to do home delivery and asked me to visit thier store. I denied, that fellow closed the case saying, customer is not available when they visited :( i didn't had time to complain about it and take forward, so I left it.

So yesterday I had a little 'accident' with Jio's night unlimited.

Usually, i start my unlimited download queue at 2 and end it about 5 mins before 5am. This time i had a large multi-day queue and decided to see what would happen if i didn't stop it. Downloads were going on in full swing and about 5 seconds after 5am, the connection pretty much stopped all data transfer. At this point i quit my downloads and restarted the hotspot. It was working fine but at a lower speed. When i checked my balance, it showed 0 and was stuck at 128kbps. So if you are not careful to keep your night unlimited downloading with a little time buffer, it will overlap into the metered connection and just deplete it all, even if you haven't really downloaded 1gb outside of the 2-5 zone.

I have a question, possibly answered before but can't browse 100 pages ? If I don't activate Prime and don't recharge, will the SIM stop working ? I plan to give it to my parents after a few months when I go home but don't want to waste any money on it as I'm not using it.

I have a question, possibly answered before but can't browse 100 pages ? If I don't activate Prime and don't recharge, will the SIM stop working ? I plan to give it to my parents after a few months when I go home but don't want to waste any money on it as I'm not using it.
SIMs that are not being used at all can be deactivated after 2 months if the balance is below Rs. 20. If the balance is above Rs. 20, the carrier deducts Rs. 20 per month until the balance is below Rs. 20, at which point the SIM can be deactivated.

These are the published rules for Airtel and Vodafone. I believe other Indian carriers have the same rules.

But Jio being the Ambanis I amt not too sure as to the time period before they churn the SIM and recycle it.

SIMs that are not being used at all can be deactivated after 2 months if the balance is below Rs. 20. If the balance is above Rs. 20, the carrier deducts Rs. 20 per month until the balance is below Rs. 20, at which point the SIM can be deactivated.

These are the published rules for Airtel and Vodafone. I believe other Indian carriers have the same rules.

But Jio being the Ambanis I amt not too sure as to the time period before they churn the SIM and recycle it.

But I think that will not work here, as there is no balance. The Jio plans effectively make you pay every month as ARPU.

But I think that will not work here, as there is no balance. The Jio plans effectively make you pay every month as ARPU.
Nice so it is a monthly subscription model so that they might be able to circumvent TRAI rules for deactivation I guess.Although at the beginning they will not be very aggressive about recycling as they will try their best to retain their user base but that is a coin toss at best.

Saw a report saying that only 13% of the Jio subscribers registered for prime membership so far. If this is true, the free offer will sure get extended.

Back