Reliance Jio Rollout

I have a question, possibly answered before but can't browse 100 pages ? If I don't activate Prime and don't recharge, will the SIM stop working ? I plan to give it to my parents after a few months when I go home but don't want to waste any money on it as I'm not using it.
You have to recharge minimum of 149

Saw a report saying that only 13% of the Jio subscribers registered for prime membership so far. If this is true, the free offer will sure get extended.

They might extend the prime subscription deadline then, but why on earth would they extend the free offer

They might extend the prime subscription deadline then, but why on earth would they extend the free offer
Their free offer is already being investigated by TRAI or TDSAT. So there is no way that they will extend the free offer. Prime subscription period they may extend. If they extend, I will get time to port my secondary SIM to Jio. I hope they extend the Prime subscription time.

Their free offer is already being investigated by TRAI or TDSAT. So there is no way that they will extend the free offer. Prime subscription period they may extend. If they extend, I will get time to port my secondary SIM to Jio. I hope they extend the Prime subscription time.

This is one thing i don't understand. They don't want any more customers after their 100 mil? Why would future subscribers or people porting into jio even get into the service if they don't get the benefits? Doesn't make any sense to me

This is one thing i don't understand. They don't want any more customers after their 100 mil? Why would future subscribers or people porting into jio even get into the service if they don't get the benefits? Doesn't make any sense to me

They may have planned for 100 mil only. There are limits to their network.

That sounds like a possible explanation but somehow seems unlikely to me. Business strategy/growth-wise. But yeah, without the prime benefits, the plans don't really seem very attractive. So maybe the really don't want more subs after they reach their target.

My guess is once the dust settles, they will start ripping off just like the rest of them. The 28 days validity as mentioned in the other thread is an example of that. If they really wanted to do good things, they could have lead the change with 30 days. And I also don't think the incumbents are too worried, which is why even their ~345 plans with ~1-2gb/day are limited time only. Once things are back to normal they will settle into their old rip-off mode too. It was a fun ride while it lasted though. Just wish I had converted my vodafone to prepaid 6 months ago. Would have saved quite a bit of money...

That looks like a really good plan for vodafone peeps. I'm happy with the 149 though, 1-2gb is enough for my mobile usage, for everything else i have wifi. unltd calling in 149 is my main jio attraction.

What can they rip off in 149/ :):)
Only thing which can worsen is network quality . Call drops will always get blamed on AVOID
Most people have already recharged STV for 5 x 28 days atleast to utilize jio money offer .

I meant later they might start charging more than 149, or reduce the free data given in prime plans etc...

Not really, I was getting 1200 mins (800local 400 std) and 1gb 4g data for 399 on vodafone. i've heard others with lower rental and more free data. This is jio we're talking about. there are still minor call and other issues, there's a reason people are still hesitant to use it as primary or sole number.

Not really, I was getting 1200 mins (800local 400 std) and 1gb 4g data for 399 on vodafone. i've heard others with lower rental and more free data. This is jio we're talking about. there are still minor call and other issues, there's a reason people are still hesitant to use it as primary or sole number.
But due to Jio, other operators have drastically reduced their rates.. I for one sticking with my current operator (Airtel) because no Jio connectivity and Airtel is providing me unltd. calls and 28gb date for ₹345

But due to Jio, other operators have drastically reduced their rates.. I for one sticking with my current operator (Airtel) because no Jio connectivity and Airtel is providing me unltd. calls and 28gb date for ₹345

This is what people forget, Its JIO who did this I got an offer of 28gb with UL calls on my second idea number for 349 where I use to do a recharge for around 1500 a month on that number.

Yeah that's the best thing Jio has done, 'the Jio effect'. Screwed the entire market.

But i haven't ported my Vodafone because I'm not too sure how this is gonna pan out. The lack of fallback is a bit worrying, especially when roaming. At least other operators can switch to other networks.

Then again, they have been steadily improving their network too...

This is what people forget, Its JIO who did this I got an offer of 28gb with UL calls on my second idea number for 349 where I use to do a recharge for around 1500 a month on that number.
Yes, that's one of the main reason I wish that jio succeeds in its venture so that other service providers remain under the pressure to match the rates. (atleast for next 1 year)

Yeah that's the best thing Jio has done, 'the Jio effect'. Screwed the entire market.

But i haven't ported my Vodafone because I'm not too sure how this is gonna pan out. The lack of fallback is a bit worrying, especially when roaming. At least other operators can switch to other networks.

Then again, they have been steadily improving their network too...
Well I don't think it can be called as 'Screwed the entire market' it's like putting the other operators in their places, they were fleecing the public. Well anyhow Jio rocks (doesn't matter directly or indirectly) for now.

Back