Reliance Jio Rollout

U may be asked by the dealer for the phone u got the code from or the bill (Samsung). After the MI glitch they had been asking for it.

Put the screenshot of the code which you got in a friend's Samsung Device and show it to them. They'll ask no questions. My cousin tried this today, and they didn't ask anything.

for those who got the Jio Sim what validity is it showing on my jio app first page ? A friend got the sim and his is showing as 23 April 2036 where as it's should be 2016. Employee/dealer sim shows no date but it gives details of the upcoming offers.

Yeah tried in one plus one but didn't work anything.

Thanks brother. Got the sim activated abd working with all unlimited data and calls. Thanks again.
Will be getting a OP3 in a day or two and will use use the sim on it then.
How is battery life and experience with OP3? Is the Jio sim working fine?

Guys, my sim is showing only 2gb of data. Spoek to customer care yesterday, they said that the unlimited will start once i finish my 2gb data. Just wanted to confirm the same, since im not sure how to activate the unlimited data.

Thanks brother. Got the sim activated abd working with all unlimited data and calls. Thanks again.
Will be getting a OP3 in a day or two and will use use the sim on it then.
How is battery life and experience with OP3? Is the Jio sim working fine?

Mate, its working good with op3. Tried Youtube, browsing and even as hotspot... All working with good speeds. A lot depends on coverage in your area, mine gives around 10 Mbps inside home and goes till 20 Mbps if I move out.

Most of the stores are not handing out sims if you dont have the samsung phone in hand. Screenshot should mostly work, but you still should have a samsung phone to show them.

Most of the stores are not handing out sims if you dont have the samsung phone in hand. Screenshot should mostly work, but you still should have a samsung phone to show them.

I got my sim on Tuesday (IINM), and i did not require the actual device, just a screenshot of the code.

Even you get the sim, you'll get only 2 gb data unless you have a qualified Samsung Phone

The sim is unlocked. And you get the unlimited scheme if you follow the below steps( this is what worked for me, YMMV):

1) Get the Jio Sim
2) Wait for activation
3) Get MyJIO app on the samsung device you generated the caf code from
4) Dont login to the App, instead download all the apps
5) After downloading the apps, at the top of the screen you should see a banner that shows the unlimited offer. Click on it and it will activate your unlimited data and calling offer
6) Remove sim and put in device you want to use it with
7) Profit :)

Can anyone confirm if the newer jio sims are working with airtel unlocked mifi devices..

I have ordered the Airtel Mifi device. Will post my impressions once i get it. Should get it by the end of the week or so, cost me about 2700 on amazon in.

Put the screenshot of the code which you got in a friend's Samsung Device and show it to them. They'll ask no questions. My cousin tried this today, and they didn't ask anything.
Really doubt that u a cannot put the SS in any phone and get the sim card maybe ur cousin was lucky.

Even you get the sim, you'll get only 2 gb data unless you have a qualified Samsung Phone

The sim is unlocked. And you get the unlimited scheme if you follow the below steps( this is what worked for me, YMMV):

If you have a qualified Samsung phone you'll get all benefits as stated already. After that you can use it on any 4G phone.

@swatkats I will be subscribing to Reliance Jio tomorrow. I am currently on ACT Fibernet in Hyderabad. My bill is due this month(23rd to be precise). Already received a text from them stating that my subscription is up for immediate suspension. I will be going to back to ACT after the Jio preview offer ends. How do you think I should go about this?

I am not sure how you are still getting internet? By 14th they'll disconnect the connection.

So, pay the due amount now and raise a request to disconnect temporary. Tell them you are going abroad for vacation. You'll let them know when you'll come back.

1) Get the Jio Sim
2) Wait for activation
4) Dont login to the App, instead download all the apps
5) After downloading the apps, at the top of the screen you should see a banner that shows the unlimited offer. Click on it and it will activate your unlimited data and calling offer
6) Remove sim and put in device you want to use it with
7) Profit :)
I generated the code from a xiaomi mi3. Does that mean there is no way for me to activate the unlimited offer? I got the sim today. Told them i have A7 at home with my mother.

I generated the code from a xiaomi mi3. Does that mean there is no way for me to activate the unlimited offer? I got the sim today. Told them i have A7 at home with my mother.

You'll have to activate it using any phone that supports VoLTE.

Back