Reliance Jio Rollout

I am tethering to my pc via a usb connection. The sim is running in an Iphone SE. And i keep losing the connectivity after a few mins. Have to restart the hotspot for it to start working again. Any suggestions?

Fixed itself.

New issue. My 2gb data has been depleted and the unlimited plan didn't activate.

Last edited:
How are they going to block the numbers?
Do they have all Samsung IMEI in databases?
What if I activate in offer device but use in another device
The Sims even before the glitch didn't have any imei lock & could be used in any device after activation
Yesterday got a new Jio sim which was activated by late evening & UL offer started
The device used for code generation was not Samsung

Lyf was used to tele verify as doesn't allow to start Jio join if your set isn't volte enabled as all samsung sets in offer have volte . So Jio join disabled till you verify then it works fine

Activated & again put offer sim in non Samsung device in which code was generated

Used this rimweb post with perfection for activating UL plan
http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/37772-jio-sim-without-lyf-handset/?do=findComment&comment=330459
Followed this to letter & no issues in activating UL plan

but let's say I get my friend's s6 edge and I get the sim, then activate the same on s6 edge. Now the sim will work in iPhone 6s right or will it be locked to s6 edge only?

Will work on any LTE enabled phone. You only need a Samsung device to get the phone. Activation can be done from your phone as well.

Just call them and ask them which phone you using the Jio Simcard in you will get your answer.

Dont worry. They wont block anything. They need a subscriber base of more than 50 lakh before they go to a proper commercial launch and that wouldn't have been possible had they stick to sales of Lyf Phones only. That's why the idea if collaborating with Samsung and other brands came in. They are talks with other brands as well and will be tieing up with many brands before the launch. Blocking the sims that are already sold would bring a bad name as well.

Following all the news from such sites about Jio, nothing comes assured, lot of hit and miss. HP and Redmi offer is still nowhere official.

Now they mention sims are being blocked. Haven`t seen a single guy mentioning his sim got blocked, nor here or on DD.

Dont worry. They wont block anything. They need a subscriber base of more than 50 lakh before they go to a proper commercial launch and that wouldn't have been possible had they stick to sales of Lyf Phones only. That's why the idea if collaborating with Samsung and other brands came in. They are talks with other brands as well and will be tieing up with many brands before the launch. Blocking the sims that are already sold would bring a bad name as well.
Any "reliable" source for this????

^ try putting the sim in a lyf device. A friend managed to activate the unlimited plan by doing that. His sim was issued for a Samsung phone.

Back