Reliance offering 4mbps Unlimited without FUP for 1100?

after scary n crappy billingexperience with reliance Wimax... I'm never touching anything that has reliance on it ... even with a bargepole...

Word of advice, check the fine print. This being the festive time of the year... a lot of sugar coated deals are pushed out only to have them turn into bitter karela later.

But its always safe on unlimited plans where you have max bill guarantee.

The thing i am worried about is its performance, and access in my society.

Just called them up. They are unaware about such plans at the moment. The lady said that they had not started rolling out the plans till now because no information was available on her screen.

But yeah, I can believe it to be true since it is Reliance. It is the only company which offers truly FUP free plans. I was using the 2Mbps unlimited plan earlier and now I am on the 1Mbps day/1.5Mbps night plan.

A lot of peeps on the forum have been complaining about Reliance's service. Could anyone who has experienced this before please mention what issues they faced?

A lot of peeps on the forum have been complaining about Reliance's service. Could anyone who has experienced this before please mention what issues they faced?
Frequent downtimes. Once connection didnt used to work for 15-20 days in a month. But now its alright no such issues at my end. Though sometimes i still get dns issue for about 5-10mins. But its fine atleast there is no FUP.

BTW for those 15-20 day downtime i got reduced bill.

Frequent downtimes. Once connection didnt used to work for 15-20 days in a month. But now its alright no such issues at my end. Though sometimes i still get dns issue for about 5-10mins. But its fine atleast there is no FUP.BTW for those 15-20 day downtime i got reduced bill.
these days reliancxe is investing into films. so any weekend when a reliance movie is out, you can say goodbye to torrents and file sharing sites.

Billing is crappy as well.. You have to be really careful what "mistakes" they do in their billing. Their customer service and backend technical teams are just not synchronized. It took them over 20 days to do a relocation as part of change of address. Why? Because in spite of having told them and written to them with all the updated details and proof of address.. morons still would visit the old address and try to contact on the old number.

Any email sent to their "helpdesk" is idiotic.. because nobody maintains any logs and every reply is a standard.. please let us know your contact number & your request has been forwarded to a rapid resolution team. LMFAO

They were anything but "rapid"

these days reliancxe is investing into films. so any weekend when a reliance movie is out, you can say goodbye to torrents and file sharing sites.

Never had my torrents blocked by reliance. They blocked access to public tracker sites like tpb but then i use private trackers so its not a problem.

No idea.. sometimes though it may be unlimited, the way they enter data into certain billing softwares matters.. some companies appropriate lump sum amounts to "monthly" cycles .. just like you refill a tatasky amount once & it's deducted monthly from the "credit" you have on your "account". The other issues being bills continued to be generated even after disconnection/plan changes etc.. search the web and you'll see many a forum post on these.

Anyways.. Reliance don't have a bad name across their products for nothing when it comes to backend and billing.. Just do your bit and read the fine text carefully.

Dafuq I just asked Reliance to disconnect my connection a few days back and this happens :(
Can anyone from chennai confirm this? Is it on? I would like to give Reliance a chance again :D

699 for 2mbps ultd is an ultimate deal!

Called up a local marketing guy in Kolkata and he confirmed that these plans are true. These have not been approved yet so it will take 2-3 more days to actually migrate to these plans. Sadly my place is too far from their distribution box and said that it won't make sense for me to go for the 1099 plan. He suggested me to take up the 699 plan. It's still a win situation for me as I currently pay 999 +taxes for 1mbps day/1.5 mbps night plan.

Billing is crappy as well.. You have to be really careful what "mistakes" they do in their billing. Their customer service and backend technical teams are just not synchronized.

Would billing mistakes be an issue if you have an unlimited connection?
Indeed Reliance was a horrible provider as well as biller in the past.
I was victim of over-billing 5 years back using Reliance USB 1X data card(144kbps) :gap:
They were also late in processing resolution tickets & cancellation request for same postpaid connection.....need to pay 1200rs to clear off the dues & Vintage 1X dongle is still with me :devil2:

But now in past 1 year, they have improved tremendously, I hav seen this at my friend's house.
Ticket resolution time is close to 4 - 6 hours for normal requests(same as failtel) & proper resolution thru representative for most of requests(like cancellation, billing etc)

Even I am thinking to dump Failtel & to join Reliance bandwagon if they offer same plans in my area.
Please confirm Delhi guys for the above plan availability.

is reliance available in west delhi ???? i am just fed up wid FAILtel !! i am ready to try any damn thing !! :nf02::lemmings:

I called them regarding these plans and they replied "this currently promotional and it is without FUP and will be available in few days."

Back