Reliance offering 4mbps Unlimited without FUP for 1100?

^ But they only cache public torrents i.e TorCache ?

All torrents are public - torrents are just data and can be treated like any other download or stream, although in practicality it's not easy to choose (or even know) what gets cached because it's all automatic.

It's the trackers that are private - the tracker tells your client what/where/how to obtain the content, but in order to *get* that information from a private tracker, you need to supply your credentials to the tracker (usually some user hash) as part of the tracker URL in your torrent client.

If, in theory, I upload a .torrent file to a public tracker that I had previously downloaded myself from a private tracker (or better still, create a new .torrent file and upload that) then that content becomes available on the public tracker as well (although many private trackers prohibit such behaviour), but the info-hash of the actual content is likely to be the same.

TorCache is only a repository for .torrent files which are usually <100kb in size, it does not cache any of the actual data which as we know are usually a hundreds or thousands of megabytes, which is what the caches in question *are* doing.

Can anybody explain me that Airtel Wifi modem-cum-Router can be used with Reliance ?

One more thing, Website says 'Installation charges, security deposit & advance rental are payable at the time of caf signing'

What is security deposit in this case ?

Also whom to call to get a new connection or confirm reliance availability in my area ?

I stay in West Delhi.

Anyone who have applied for new connection & got all the things done can answer my queries.........Thanks !!

^If Reliance is delivering service via DSL, then yes, in theory it will work. If they are delivering by "Metro Ethernet" (AKA FTTB), then no.

Security deposit is usually for either of 2 things: 1 for equipment (if they give you some modem/router) or 2. On a postpaid plan in case you don't pay your bill they can deduct the billing amount from the deposit. So long as you don't damage the modem and/or keep your bills paid up then the theory goes that this amount is returned to you when the connection is terminated.

As for getting a connection in Delhi, I don't know, but I believe they have a toll-free (1800) number you can call listed on their website. They may (or may not) be of some assistance.

I just rung them up as well and the rep confirmed feasibility in my area based on my pin code. He said he'll have someone call me up and confirm the connection for me. Hope this works out. :)

anyone here using WIFI router with reliance BB ?
I am using a Asus RT-N13U Wi-Fi Router with this connection (It's a metro Ethernet connection actually, and I don't have land-line).
I directly plug-in the wire into my router. There is no router required from Reliance side.

I just rung them up as well and the rep confirmed feasibility in my area based on my pin code. He said he'll have someone call me up and confirm the connection for me. Hope this works out. :)
Cool.. :D All the best for getting this. :p

Wtf are those upload Speeds. I was thinking to GO for 2Mbps unlimited plan for Wifi for Home. I was expecting minimum of 1mbps Upload Speeds.
I have checked Review on other Forums as well user is able to get 0.50-0.70mbps Upload Speed :)
Hmm.. I'm just worried that Reliance don't throttle torrent speed i remember airtel did that
I hope they don't do it or else their 30lakh and Now Growing Broadband Internet base will also collapse.

- - - Updated - - -

As for getting a connection in Delhi, I don't know, but I believe they have a toll-free (1800) number you can call listed on their website. They may (or may not) be of some assistance.
If you Keep Checking up the Figures Subscribers released by TRAI, They did not mention Reliance broadband in Recent Releases. Can you Help me Getting This year's Figures.

I just Compared Craptel's Subscription Base - They added 30k broadband users during 2010sept-2011Sept and During 2011sept-2012sept they lost 37k Subscribers.

Wtf are those upload Speeds. I was thinking to GO for 2Mbps unlimited plan for Wifi for Home. I was expecting minimum of 1mbps Upload Speeds.
I have checked Review on other Forums as well user is able to get 0.50-0.70mbps Upload Speed :)
Ignore those upload speeds. I was seeding some torrents when I captured those details. But yes its true, the upload speeds are in the range of 0.5-0.7Mbps.

I am using a Asus RT-N13U Wi-Fi Router with this connection (It's a metro Ethernet connection actually, and I don't have land-line).
I directly plug-in the wire into my router. There is no router required from Reliance side.

just confirming if a normal wifi router would work with reliance (login page and all)
thinking of getting a belkin n150....

just confirming if a normal wifi router would work with reliance (login page and all)
thinking of getting a belkin n150....

Yes, get TP link single antenna router (costing ~1k), pretty good range. I tried my best to make Beetel 450TC1 work (the one provided with airtel), but couldn't.

Back