User Review Review + 15 Days With Xiaomi Red MI 1S

Synopsis :
waiting ...
Review:
Let's have a small history first. My old phones are Sony Ericsson T78i then Huawei U5510. Then I started development nokia and BlackBerry only and I won Nokia asha 510 and BlackBerry Q10.
Before using Xiaomi Red MI 1S I have used BlackBerry Q10 for a year. And I love it. Definitely Xiaomi Red MI 1S is my backup phone. My path to try Android first. Also I Have good hands on Apple iPhone 4S, Nexus 4.

15 days:
Day 1 (+ve)
First impression is phone built quality is good. Never feels like local brand feels like well built phone.

Interface is good, smooth, reminds iOS 6 every time.

Many tweaks add on in os. In built WPS office app. Works God. Writing this text on WPS text editor with swift keyboard. I came from BlackBerry Q10. So definitely compare keyboard and writing experience. Security app is collection of good software. Clean master, Anti virus, permission app are well integrated in security app.

Day 5:
Still searching and reading about heating issue and app crash issue. I uninstalled many many default apps like Google now Google search many Google apps I don't use Gmail so also removed Gmail. Seems small relief. App crash is lowered. Also I found when I am charging there is a lot stability in high temperature but when not charging many time temp decreases.

I also filled return for at Flipkart. Hope they approve my request.

How is the audio quality of the Redmi 1S over headphones? I use a LG L9 along with a FiiO E11 amp and it sounds very decent to my ears via my M50. I was wondering how this would sound paired with a E11 and my Audio Technica M50?

I hated android because of the optimizations you have to do, and MIUI sucks for Redmi 1s.

phone heated up to 52 degrees with 10 min of Google play newsstand when the 3G network was weak. Works fine on Wi fi.

have used music player for about 4 hours in 3 days and the player just stops playing the song 5 times. Apps in background gmail, WhatsApp n the default services.

I am going back to my Lumia 520.
A question for everyone hoping for next version to be stable, this phone was released few months back in China and they had enough time to fix the problems.

Last edited:
I hated android because of the optimizations you have to do, and MIUI sucks for Redmi 1s.

phone heated up to 52 degrees with 10 min of Google play newsstand when the 3G network was weak. Works fine on Wi fi.

have used music player for about 4 hours in 3 days and the player just stops playing the song 5 times. Apps in background gmail, WhatsApp n the default services.

A question for everyone hoping for next version to be stable, this phone was released few months back in China and they had enough time to fix the problems.

The music player just stops midway playing a song? Did you happen to try any other music player, the likes of Rocket Player or such? Looks like this phone has it's fair share of problems.

rooted the phone ... downclocked to 1.3ghz used trickster app for controlling other things and it performs good installed the snapdragon batteryguru still in learning period so cant comment on the app but saw it work wonders on my friend's G2. But so far its been quite a VFM. Phone will be used by my mom so only has a few apps like fb whatsapp and all .. no lags with kb also. So far liking it.

I enabled long press back button to kill apps, even after killing every app I launched through out the day free ram is 150 MB. The music playback was smooth today.

Day 6 day 7 :
Not a good Flipkart experience. They never contacted me i have filled return form 3 days ago I guess..
The problem of phone is overclocked CPU + Battery charging. The phone heated up like nothing I tried charging + Wi-Fi Hotspot and CPU Temp touch 72 Degree!! yes 72 and phone so so so slow
Phone can not manage to take snapshot. And CPU Temp Closes. Manage to take snap at 68 degree..
Screenshot_2014-09-19-04-49-24

Guys Should I root the phone and lower down CPU clock ? Will Flipkart allow return of rooted phone ?

Last edited:

52 degree is too low my friend how you manage 52 degree ? I am mostly at over 57 degree also touches at 72 yes 72

Why would a company overclock the processor and sell the phone ? I mean, from my ZTE blade Days, I know that it was we who started overclocking after rooting it but that hit the battery life. Doesn't a company ideally want a balance of battery life and performance ?

Its a different variant of the snapdragon 400, xiaomi doesnt overclock by themselves. Its a qualcomms product, that runs at 1.6Ghz by default.

Same clockspeed can be seen on the htc desire 816.

Back