Road Trip - Jammu Kashmir Ladakh

booo said:
soory for hijacking the thread :)

Dude, post more pics.

i had oppurtunity to drive innova on frozen pangong lake..

Wow, I have added that to my To Do list :)

Share your pics.

Darthcoder said:
Wow man :O. Those pictures are really awesome :O.

Leh comes under India right? I am seriously thinking of settling down there lol :lol:

Indian Citizens cant buy property in J n K n Ladakh, Kashmiris dont want Indians to settle bcoz they say it would destroy Kashmiri culture and identity.

Road trip to Ladakh should be done around June/july , one should check with local hotel staff with regarding mansoon which spoil trip very badly.

if you want to go Ladakh , go to Manali-Rohtang , go to leh & come down to via Sonmarg , Srinagar way.

it will be more exciting that way covering lots of places .

bike breakdown ? ehh , if there are no hassle then whts the point of going on trip , one should be know about all basic breakdown things to settle own except some manor issues . Punctures can be done with kits ready to use & those pumps , isn't it .

& as hacker said , Himalaya's morning are early & freaking cold is deadly when light goes out so wake up early ( generally it around 5.30 or 6 am with full sunlight .

Himalaya's beauty can be very gorgeous when u see it in morning sunshine/sunset . Wht's the point of such trip if u miss those awesome moments ?

bike can be any kind , but bullet are more welcome by local guys & repairers so consider it also .

NeViLLe said:
best time to go is between june-sept... but it all depends on the weather... last year the weather had been so erratic i had postponed my road trip twice... the road opened up in mid-july last year...
That's right in the middle of stone pelting season in the valley, so if anyone wants to shake a leg.. :eek:hyeah:

Nice pics. Where is superczar, thought he goes to Ladakh regularly.

Back