Audio Rockboxing the Sansa Clip+ and Fuze

Re: Rockboxing the Sansa Clip+

raksrules said:
What about un rock boxing it ??? Just remove those files /folders from the root and you are done ???

For un-rockboxing, you have to simply delete the .rockbox folder and put the original firmware file in the root directory and start your Clip.

I had installed the earlier version on my Clipv2 where writing on ROM wasn't possible, so wasn't very usable as such. I put up the new version and everything works great now.:D

There's lots n lots of options for tweaking. You can tweak just about any damn thing. :p

There are even games like snake, chess etc. :p

SunnyBoi said:
No risk.

I just downloaded this

http://download.rockbox.org/daily/sansaclipplus/rockbox-sansaclipplus-20100512.zip

http://anythingbutipod.com/images/f...otloader-sansaclipplus-01.02.13-dual_boot.zip
Copied the .rockbox folder to the root drive, copied both firmware and bootloader from the other zip file to root directory. Safely remove the player from windows, let it reboot. Firmware upgrade takes 2 mins. Go to database and initialise it, reboot. Start enjoying rockbox :p

If you dont like the UI, you can always customise it :p go to settings, themes and experiment.

We should do this in MSC mode only, right? :ashamed:

Here are my Equalizer settings.

eq enabled: on

eq precut: 50

eq band 0 cutoff: 60

eq band 1 cutoff: 80

eq band 2 cutoff: 800

eq band 3 cutoff: 4000

eq band 4 cutoff: 12000

eq band 0 q: 25

eq band 1 q: 25

eq band 2 q: 7

eq band 3 q: 29

eq band 4 q: 17

eq band 0 gain: 75

eq band 1 gain: 40

eq band 2 gain: 0

eq band 3 gain: 0

eq band 4 gain: 0

Finally set the bass to 7.

Use this only with Decent IEMs.

^ Yup it's suggested to do in MSC mode only.

But I had tried and it works in MTP mode as well. But better to use MSC.

I had the same firmware .

I'll upload the patched firmware for you .

Edit : Here : http://www.mediafire.com/?znoyjngg0gi

Just unzip this , copy the extracted stuff to the root of the player in MSC mode . Disconnect and Wait for firmware upgrade to be complete , then reboot .

Disclaimer : You do it at your own risk

Yes , its dual boot . Pressing rewind while powering on will take you to the OF .

About to try it fingers crossed

Edit: Just did it and getting error message as follows.

Loading firmware

File not found

I copied the rockbox folder and the fuzepa to the root of my fuze .

^ Do let me know , how it works ;)

I still haven't tried it .Do we have to format the player or add the songs again etc ?

Looking at all tweak stuff ,games, themes and fonts ,I feel Rockbox would be amazing .Will try it tonight :D !

Damn i still have error messages.Once rockbox is loaded i get error message saying no.rockbox directory .If i try playing songs i get no codec found in /.rockbox/codec.Damn i am getting all weird errors :(

@blr_p .Let mine work i will answer all your quires

Using DFKT Minimum theme. Loving it! Has all necessary info :D

rockbox.JPG

@blr_p: Cuesheet works, however the song title does not change when you skip to the next track. It works if the song finished and moves to the next one. Cuesheets do not come on the database, have to browse thru files for it.

After reading all this I've modded my Clip+ with Rockbox 20100513. The soundstage has really really improved a lot esp. the bass.
I just cannot believe that it has applications, games !!, demos and way too many Equalizer settings.
Can someone recommend a good eq setting that can be used with pl-11/pl-21/ep-630.

Player rebooted when the pitch detector app detected a high noise.

viralbug said:
^ Yup it's suggested to do in MSC mode only.

But I had tried and it works in MTP mode as well. But better to use MSC.

SunnyBoi said:
@DarkAngel : There is a new version out. use that instead

Rockbox SanDisk Sansa Clip+ Daily Builds

Thanks guys. Will rockbox it this weekend :hap2:

@SunnyBoi

Will stick to the links that u gave in the initial posts as it is tried and tested stable version (i suppose). I dont want to risk it with newer(may be unstable one). Scared of bricking the player :ashamed:

aman.pitbull said:
After reading all this I've modded my Clip+ with Rockbox 20100513. The soundstage has really really improved a lot esp. the bass.

Can someone recommend a good eq setting that can be used with pl-11/pl-21/ep-630.

+1. Good EQ for better bass for PL-11. Spoiled by the megabass of my w580+HPM-70 :hap5:

SunnyBoi said:
@blr_p: Cuesheet works, however the song title does not change when you skip to the next track. It works if the song finished and moves to the next one. Cuesheets do not come on the database, have to browse thru files for it.

Good stuff :clap:

I guess this is as good as it gets given there is no other player OS out there that does it.

Is it stable, no lockups or anything ?

Back