S advance Vs. One V vs. Xperia Sola?

deepanshuchg

Disciple
Which outto these S advance and One V and Xperia Sola? Or any other smartphone around 20k?

Basic needs: Games, Music, sometimes camera.. and exploring other app in google play

And Will Galaxy S advance get ICS update?

Are u sure abt the Galasy S advance will not get ICS update..? See i m new in these things so just confirming it out..
and if so It is ruled out!!

So which one outto shud i choose: One V and Sola

My requirements:

-> Basic phone usage
-> Games (alot!!)
-> Music listening
-> Taking Photos (abit)
-> Sometime reading ebooks

And shud i wait for Mobile Congress../? btw when is it?

i confirmed about s advance from various sources like team-bhp(mobile thread), this site and other reviews on flipkart and i even read that this phone is soon to be discontinued.

I am in same boat as yours.....just now i have also included XPeria U, it does not have expandable meory but i am judging my memory needs. i guess 4 gb should be fine for me...right now i have a bb 8520 with 2 gb memory card and i hardly used even 50% of that....so if my memory needs settles under 4 gb available on xperia u then xperia u is the best bet as it has removable battery and front camera at less price then both one v/sola. Sola misses on front cam while one v don't have dual core. you can see no phone is perfect so we have to analyze our priorities and then make a decision.

For gaming you need powerful hardware so get xperia sola

Actually thanks to the larger screen (3.7") vis-á-vis Xperia U (3.5") the Sola performs slightly poorly when it comes to games / graphics intensive applications. Also the hardware under the hood for the both is the same (correct me if I am wrong).

But currently in OP's situation, the Sony Xperia Sola / U look good. Have decent hardware and are good to go till Jelly Bean at-least (dual-core and decent amount of RAM). Do not know what hardware requirements will come after this update.

I was in the same predicament and I have zeroed in on the Xperia go thanks to my butter fingers. Now in 'patience mode'.

Actually thanks to the larger screen (3.7") vis-á-vis Xperia U (3.5") the Sola performs slightly poorly when it comes to games / graphics intensive applications. Also the hardware under the hood for the both is the same (correct me if I am wrong).
The hardware is exactly same, but the screen size should not make a difference in games/apps as the screen resolution is the same.

The hardware is exactly same, but the screen size should not make a difference in games/apps as the screen resolution is the same.

Dunno, the Xperia go was rated better than the Sola ever so slightly at gsmarena.com.
Sony Xperia go review: Get out, get wet - GSMArena.com.

And actually resolution apart there are more pixels to be pushed on the Sola's larger screen, that will make a difference.

Point to note is all these are synthetics and as such I doubt anyone will notice any of these shortcomings in their daily usage. Cheerio!

Dunno, the Xperia go was rated better than the Sola ever so slightly at gsmarena.com.
Sony Xperia go review: Get out, get wet - GSMArena.com.

And actually resolution apart there are more pixels to be pushed on the Sola's larger screen, that will make a difference.

Point to note is all these are synthetics and as such I doubt anyone will notice any of these shortcomings in their daily usage. Cheerio!

The Xperia Go has 320 x 480 pixels, and the Sola/U have screen resolution of 480 x 854 pixels.
Its obvious that the Go would perform better with the same hardware internals.

But the Sola/U push the exact same number of pixels on their display, regardless of the display's physical size.

The Xperia Go has 320 x 480 pixels, and the Sola/U have screen resolution of 480 x 854 pixels.
Its obvious that the Go would perform better with the same hardware internals.

Contradictory statements, explain yourself. :annoyed:

But the Sola/U push the exact same number of pixels on their display, regardless of the display's physical size.

I thought pixel count was dependent on the screen-size. Enlighten me. :)

The pixel count has no direct relation to the screen size, Sony has the xperia Ray with 3.3 inch and resolution of 480 x 854.

The processor would only draw the pixels, in whatever physical size of display they are squeezed into does not make any difference to the processor.
For the contradicting statements quoted, ONLY the screen resolution makes a difference to the processor's capacity to draw pixels.
Its like the PC game benchmarks, on higher screen resolution the graphic cards drop frame rate.

EDIT: The Sola/U draw 2.6 times more pixels in comparison to the Xperia Go

The pixel count has no direct relation to the screen size, Sony has the xperia Ray with 3.3 inch and resolution of 480 x 854.

EDIT: The Sola/U draw 2.6 times more pixels in comparison to the Xperia Go

So does the last statement prove right that, thanks to a larger screen more pixel (thanks to change in resolution) need to be drawn OR no?

So does the last statement prove right that, thanks to a larger screen more pixel (thanks to change in resolution) need to be drawn OR no?

The display size has no relation to the pixel count, the performance of a phone purely depends on screen resolution (pixel count) and processor.
The display size will only make a difference for pixel density or PPI (pixels per inch)

Screen size has nothing to do with the resolution. You can have a 4" screen with a 320x240 resolution or 1280x720 resolution.

The performance of the Sola and U will be exactly the same as the resolution of both is the same. Only the pixel density of the sola is lower but that does not affect performance.

Go has a much lower res screen and hence will have higher performance.

Its exactly the same deal as a PC - do you think if there would be a difference in performance between a laptop with a 12" 1366x768 screen and a 15" 1366x768 screen with all other hardware and software remaining the same?

If you have a 30" computer monitor with 1920*1080 resolution and I have a 24" Monitor with the same resolution, would I need better hardware to run the same game at the same settings?

@ OP - If possible try to increase your budget to either ~21k and get the Atrix 2 or ~24k and get the Galaxy SII. Do note that the S Advance and the Sola have a single core Mali 400 GPU which is nowhere near the quad core variant on the flagship Samsung phones.

Back