S advance Vs. One V vs. Xperia Sola?

deepanshuchg

Disciple
Which outto these S advance and One V and Xperia Sola? Or any other smartphone around 20k?

Basic needs: Games, Music, sometimes camera.. and exploring other app in google play

And Will Galaxy S advance get ICS update?

Its positioned below One V, mostly in 15K range

According to The Verge, it has a 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Play inside. Unlike the Snapdragon S4 SoC we're familiar with, the 28 nanometer model with a pair of 1.5 GHz Krait cores and an Adreno 225 graphics processor, the S4 Play is a 45 nanometer SoC that uses a pair of ARM Cortex A5 cores and the Adreno 203. Performance wise

Source - AnandTech - HTC Desire X: One of the First Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Play Smartphones

NDTV has posted wrong info @ HTC Desire X official; brings S4 dual-core processor, Android 4.0 | NDTV Gadgets

Key specs

• 4-inch WVGA (480 x 800 resolution) Super LCD screen
  • Dual-core 1GHz dual-core Qualcomm MSM8225 processor
  • 768MB RAM
  • 5-megapixel camera
  • 1600 mAh battery
  • 4GB internal memory
  • microSD support
  • Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)

The One X has a newer MSM8225 processor which is a dual core Cortex A5 and a Adreno 203 GPU. The GPU given its name is weaker than the Adreno 205 in the One V IINM.
The screen is also not SLCD2. The MSM8225 dual core will probably be the weakest of the dual cores in the market. Just to make up nos for the public who blindly go for it just because it has 2 cores.
It will probably end up priced similar to the One V around the ~16k-18k mark.

The One X has a newer MSM8225 processor which is a dual core Cortex A5 and a Adreno 203 GPU. The GPU given its name is weaker than the Adreno 205 in the One V IINM.
The screen is also not SLCD2. The MSM8225 dual core will probably be the weakest of the dual cores in the market. Just to make up nos for the public who blindly go for it just because it has 2 cores.
It will probably end up priced similar to the One V around the ~16k-18k mark.

so is it worth waiting for this phone and not buy the one v? what do you suggest. is desire x better than sola?

The display size has no relation to the pixel count, the performance of a phone purely depends on screen resolution (pixel count) and processor.
The display size will only make a difference for pixel density or PPI (pixels per inch)

This made a lot more sense, thank you. Cheerio!

P.S. -- complete n00b at Android phones here.

If you have a 30" computer monitor with 1920*1080 resolution and I have a 24" Monitor with the same resolution, would I need better hardware to run the same game at the same settings?

Thank you.

so is it worth waiting for this phone and not buy the one v? what do you suggest. is desire x better than sola?

Nope Sola has a dual Core Cortex A9 which is better than the dual core Cortex A5 of the desire X. Also it has a Mali 400MP GPU which is also better than Desire X.
But the Desire X has more RAM which will add to its advantage and with HTC there is hope that it might even get Jelly Bean.
If you are in a hurry then the Sola. Else you can wait out for the Desire X. How the chipset performs in comparison to One V's single core CPU and then decide accordingly.

As i said earlier get xperia sola.

No to xperia U due to its limlted memory.

Xperia Go (will get better FPS of the three as it is having low resolution)
The pro is itself a con here RESOLUTION.
so try this phone before zeroing on this.

Am a bit confused again?
Sola? HTC desire X?

wud it be worth waiting for Desire X/? or will it be worth waiting for some other new phone to be launched in IFA like Sony J or may be something else?

its not that slow compared to other dual cores , only compared to S4 Pro its much slower ..

this benchmark has Desire X score, according to which its faster than Xperia Sola - http://results.rightware.com/devices/compare?devices%5B%5D=849&devices%5B%5D=494

How can a dual core Cortex A-5 1GHz beat a dual core Cortex A-9 processor CPU wise?
May be due to RAM in certain benchmarks since the Desire X has a 768MB RAM whereas the Xperia U, Sola has only 512MB RAM.
The Mali 400 MP1 in the Novathor is better than the Adreno 205 of One V. The Desire X SoC has a Adreno 203. Judging by the name it should be inferior to the Adreno 205.
SoC wise the Novathor is definitely stronger than the MSM7225. Lets wait for the gsmarena benchmark which uses standard set of benchmarks like Quadrant, Nenamark2 etc... to confirm the same. Would be surprised otherwise.

How can a dual core Cortex A-5 1GHz beat a dual core Cortex A-9 processor CPU wise?
May be due to RAM since the Desire X has a 768MB RAM whereas the Xperia U, Sola has only 512MB RAM.
The Mali 400 MP1 in the Novathor is better than the Adreno 205 of One V. The Desire X SoC has a Adreno 203. Judging by the name it should be inferior to the Adreno 205.
SoC wise the Novathor is definitely stronger than the MSM7225. Lets wait for the gsmarena benchmark to confirm the same. Would be surprised otherwise.
yeah it wont beat , but it wont be that slow either .. i guess at most 25-30 percent; slower than novathor ..

yeah it wont beat , but it wont be that slow either .. i guess at most 25-30 percent; slower than novathor ..

Read the Anandtech article. Two Cortex A5's can pump only about 60% of two Cortex A9's pumping power. And these apps don't use RAM that much. 512 and 768 won't make such a dramatic difference in scores.

i havent got my answer yet ;(

i dont understand these Cortex A-5/ Cortex A-9 things lol

I just wanna know which wud be worth for me accoring to the requirements:
-> Basic phone usage
-> Games (alot!!)
-> Music listening
-> Taking Photos (abit)
-> Sometime reading ebooks

Back