Samsung Captivate aka Galaxy S at 21K !

destiny said:
But the item is used,so to avoid heavy customs and even penalty one has to mark it as gift...correct me if i m wrong

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Wht if the sellar doesnt marks it as gift and mentions the item as used with the face value of $300 then what ?????

Wht if the sellar doesnt marks it as gift and mentions the item as used with the face value of $300 then what ?????
I also have those doubts :D someone clear it please....:huh:

destiny said:
But the item is used,so to avoid heavy customs and even penalty one has to mark it as gift...correct me if i m wrong

you will be penalized if marked as used.

and even in case if the item you are buying is an insurance claim.

this info was posted on aramex facebook page and has been posted in this or zte blade before. (can't find it)

make sure you do not mention anything for these as most on ebay are either used or insurance claims.

madnav said:
you will be penalized if marked as used.

and even in case if the item you are buying is an insurance claim.

this info was posted on aramex facebook page and has been posted in this or zte blade before. (can't find it)

make sure you do not mention anything for these as most on ebay are either used or insurance claims.

Dont the open and inspect the item whether it is used or new,You mean the say just sellar should mark it as a gift and declare a value no need to mention its used or new

destiny said:
Dont the open and inspect the item whether it is used or new,You mean the say just sellar should mark it as a gift and declare a value no need to mention its used or new
Opening and checking holds no ground with respect to condition unless declared for them.

declaring as gift = Custom discount for 1st 5k valuation. 1.3% of 5k is 65 bucks

Under valuation = Making them recheck actual prising (since they have already processed the same phone again and again with a higher value.

Best case, you save 1.3% of $150

worst case, you pay extra 1.3% for actual price difference and compromise the otherwise discount for all other orders.

Can someone please post customs receipts for captivates and vibrants?

need to know what valuation did aramex consider for them..

destiny said:
But every one in this forum is buying used mobile .. do they pay penalty..and how to contact the seller to tell him to not to mark the item as used one...?

madnav said:
Opening and checking holds no ground with respect to condition unless declared for them.

declaring as gift = Custom discount for 1st 5k valuation. 1.3% of 5k is 65 bucks

Under valuation = Making them recheck actual prising (since they have already processed the same phone again and again with a higher value.

Best case, you save 1.3% of $150

worst case, you pay extra 1.3% for actual price difference and compromise the otherwise discount for all other orders.

Can someone please post customs receipts for captivates and vibrants?

need to know what valuation did aramex consider for them..

Some one told me after the packages reaches arames address after inspecting it,arames makes the value by default as $40 so no issues even its used or new

So who is the one who is going to make the last value of the product when it reaches india for custom check

destiny said:
Some one told me after the packages reaches arames address after inspecting it,arames makes the value by default as $40 so no issues even its used or new

So who is the one who is going to make the last value of the product when it reaches india for custom check
Customs at mumbai will check if they find it suspicious/ridiculous.. $40 for everything is unrealistic.

-Sent by my Personal Assistant; Pardon her for typos if any.:)

This story comes to the conc that,its finally tht its the indian customs who will make the final layout abut the custom duty and tax not aramex

SoulFire said:
post some pics n price n details of what it came with :)
came with manual, charger(unusable i guess as made for 110V), data cable.

scratch guard was already on it.

data cable is 1.5m long :p

shipping 508 inclusive of service tax

custom was valued wrt 10000 price.

total 666 inclusive of the 50buck charges from their customs broker.

Charger is usable - as the voltage range is from 100 -240V. I'm using it.

I was charged Rs. 837 as shipping only ( weight > 0.5 KG) but no Customs - the Aramex guy came two days after to collect the shipping charge.

archat68 said:
Charger is usable - as it the voltage range is from 100 -240V. I'm using it.
cool

just check it :)

The box of captivate is minimalistic in size..

the 2nd shipment says ,75lbs.. that is impressive for a cell phone :p

i am gonna speak with aramex if they can undervalue tablets too..the custom duty on them is 15% and i really wanna get one..

archat68 said:
[REF] How to unlock/unfreeze all SGS Models [NOW WORKS ON JI6+][Updated 1-3-11] - xda-developers

Download the generate unlock for windows from the attachment. Connect your phone with USB debugging enabled - run the program. You will get a Network Control Key (unlock code). Insert your SIM - and when asked enter the unlock key.
Was gonna do the same but wasn't sure.

The phone is on stock eclair jf6 unrooted.

Powercut...will have to unlock when power reinstates ..

-Sent by my Personal Assistant; Pardon her for typos if any.:)

archat68 said:
[REF] How to unlock/unfreeze all SGS Models [NOW WORKS ON JI6+][Updated 1-3-11] - xda-developers

Download the generate unlock for windows from the attachment. Connect your phone with USB debugging enabled - run the program. You will get a Network Control Key (unlock code). Insert your SIM - and when asked enter the unlock key.
failed to copy '/efs/nv_data.bin' to './nv_data.bin': Permission denied

Extract code

Already rooted with SuperOneClick

it also has unlock option..

but all it gives is

SuperOneClick v1.6.5.0

Killing ADB Server...

OK

Starting ADB Server...

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

OK

Waiting for device...

OK

Preparing to copy nv_data.bin to sd...

OK

Copying nv_data.bin to sd...

/efs/nv_data.bin

OK

Pulling nv_data.bin...

OK

Reading nv_data.bin...

Unlock Code: OK

dunno where it stores the code though...

PS: come gtalk

update:

turns out that the device isnt rooted properly yet...

lookin into it

Back