Samsung Captivate aka Galaxy S at 21K !

You are always welcome to put those 7k in my account :eek:hyeah:

PM'ed you my account details :cool2:

and yeah, thank you :bleh:

Its hard to tell the exact charges - depends on the weight and Customs people assessing it. If the weight is below 500GM it will be around 500 Rs, if more than that it will be 1000.

Also, I asked my seller to declare it as gift and declare a value of 50$ for Customs purpose. If customs accepts that - duty will be around 60 Rs. But many times Customs do take the market value of an item while assessing it - in that case it will be anything between 200-300 Rs.

Just wait and see or you can ask Sharktale - he already got one.

archat68 said:
Its hard to tell the exact charges - depends on the weight and Customs people assessing it. If the weight is below 500GM it will be around 500 Rs, if more than that it will be 1000.

Also, I asked my seller to declare it as gift and declare a value of 50$ for Customs purpose. If customs accepts that - duty will be around 60 Rs. But many times Customs do take the market value of an item while assessing it - in that case it will be anything between 200-300 Rs.

Just wait and see or you can ask Sharktale - he already got one.

Thanks for the reply. So shipping charges are same as the UK, ie $10 for the first 0.5kg and $8 for every additional kg? I was comtemplating whether to order it directly or get it through my aunt who's coming in end feb so was asking. I will anyway not be ordering till my next CC cycle which starts on Feb 7th and then total shipping time to reach me would be almost two weeks i think. So i thought might as well wait a week more and save almost 1k in the process too.

shipping is the same, my galaxy s arrived day before was valued at $150

i had to pay 1100 all in all customs + shipping , weight was 0.54Kg :(

@soulfire - please post it pics, I will link to them from OP, it will be helpful for others.

and I believe you have paid 150USD + 1100 INR, thats really sweet price :D

Valued at $150 does not mean he got it for that price :p

avi said:
@soulfire - please post it pics, I will link to them from OP, it will be helpful for others.

avi said:

ill put up pics soon , it was a week old piece , looks brand new , got it boxed , i got a vibrant which is a 1:1 galaxy s clone minus the front cam which i dont really care about . i got it for $300 with usps priority shipping.
took 15 mins to unlock + root + custom FW. its brilliant and im not missing my iphone 1 bit :D

SoulFire said:
ill put up pics soon , it was a week old piece , looks brand new , got it boxed , i got a vibrant which is a 1:1 galaxy s clone minus the front cam which i dont really care about . i got it for $300 with usps priority shipping.

took 15 mins to unlock + root + custom FW. its brilliant and im not missing my iphone 1 bit :D
what is the total cost..?

@Freaky - oops, my bad :p :p

@soulfire - Nice to hear man ! Can't wait to see it's pics...I have seen captivate, but not Vibrant. It's Exact SGS [minus front cam]...Seems you're enjoying with it lot :D :D

Pics here , since you guys were impatient did a quick one before i go

P.s. one main reason i got the vibrant is its an exact clone and as you can see the scratchguard is a slight miss(doesent matter) but the case fits perfect. this is the galaxy s capdase xpose 2
ooh and btw the capacitive buttons are soo much better than the I9000 buttons. i find this better. screen is jus mind blowing :)

AWESOME :hap2::hap2:

looks really nice, almost like brand new....

At last two people are benefited by my post :bleh:

and updated the OP :D

hunt3r said:
Can anyone please confirm what is the shipping + customs cost for the phone? Thanks!
The shipping charges are fixed. $10 for 1/2 kg and $8 for next half.

Customs is around 1.03% so depends on the declared value.

I paid 700 bucks for my phone.

@soulfire - Congrats man. Hopefully we can buy the NGP for around the same price. :)

Back