Samsung Captivate aka Galaxy S at 21K !

kippu said:
not wanting to spend sleepless nights wondering whether the phone is good and will reach me or not is worth overpaying :p
yes and even worth more when you get warranty :bleh:

point was that you could get the same for that much or less for 2nd hand under indian warranty too!!

but anyways, congrats!! i will be back to haunt when the deal confirms :p

For people anticipating to purchase samsung captivate...

IMEIs manufactured before November 6, 2010: 352982040855394 or lower - 5393, 5392, etc. ( (only pay attention to the last 4 digits of the IMEI number. If your IMEI is numerically below 5394 then you are within the range of problem units. Again ignore the first 11 digits... If the last four of your IMEI is less than the number 5394 then this press release pertains to you.)

At&t captivate shut down press release

So dont forget to confirm IMEI / Manufacturing info before purchasing.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

so those who have ordered so fr..

has it arrived via aramex yet?

if so, then what was the package weight as per them?

madnav said:
For people anticipating to purchase samsung captivate...

At&t captivate shut down press release

So dont forget to confirm IMEI / Manufacturing info before purchasing.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

so those who have ordered so fr..

has it arrived via aramex yet?

if so, then what was the package weight as per them?
mine came with a car charger extra and everything else 0.54KG :mad:

on a side note, ive got the capdase case but im not all that happy about it, from what ive read,cases made from "TPU" are generally the best balance between strength, dont scratch, dont attract dust, are pretty durable as well and feel good in hands. they are pretty cheap as well, ive seen them go for $3.5 - $6.5on ebay usa, dont think tehy are available localy or on dx or fp. anybody interested in buying these ?

SoulFire said:
mine came with a car charger extra and everything else 0.54KG :mad:

on a side note, ive got the capdase case but im not all that happy about it, from what ive read,cases made from "TPU" are generally the best balance between strength, dont scratch, dont attract dust, are pretty durable as well and feel good in hands. they are pretty cheap as well, ive seen them go for $3.5 - $6.5on ebay usa, dont think tehy are available localy or on dx or fp. anybody interested in buying these ?
Interested. Could you post the link where you read bout the cases?

dont order single screen protectors. Try to see the dealers that ship in pack of 6-10 etc.

i checked matt/anti finger print screen guard on metalspree's iPhone and it was awesome.. black levels are maintained as there is no reflection.

i will try to get bulk orders for the same.

found one but the picture proves that it is not at all anti-glare

5x Anti-Finger Screen Protector Samsung Captivate I897 - eBay (item 230575059369 end time Feb-16-11 03:32:50 PST)

glare = lustrous and lustrous = fingerprints :p

im looking for matt finished... will keep looking.

in the mean time, that is a great deal for 5 at ~3 shipped.

it takes almost a month for them to reach india (dont ship them to aramex address)

Edit:

I just realized that the inner face (the one facing the screen) will still be clar hence the glare.

we can take chance with these i guess.

I'm ordering

How many bundles shall i order?

I would like to keep a pack of 5 for myself as i plan to order more phones :p

who all are In?

kippu said:
i have gone through that.

It costs 11.something and they send 2 protectors for that..

shipping speed is similar.

so made quantity = 10 ..gives total 20 protectors.. comes to around ~350-400 each including faster shipping.. not worth it.

single order with normal shipping (~4-5weeks) is around ~15-16.. which again brings us to the same amount.

I'm not willing to spend that much. will try the el-cheapo 1st :p

btw, i ordered one of the el-cheapo's for blades that I order last month (yes, 6 blades :p) and the quality is decent, comparable to what we get locally for 200 each..

SoulFire said:
i believe it should be the same for the captivate and the vibrant i.e. the screen protector
vibrant is like normal galxy S i9000 while captivate has a different layout

but dont worry, you will have company for vibrant too.. I'm anticipating to purchase a vibrant too.. basically to mod it to incorporate a front facing cam.. virtually gets converted to nexus s :) but it costs :)

my phone was delivered to US aramex account on 31st. still it is showing in account. called up and emailed anuradha iyer - she is saying it is forwarded to dubai but and the status will be updated once they receives it in dubai. but i don't believe this. i think aramex ships only once or twice in a week from US.

pretty disappointed!!!

archat68 said:
my phone was delivered to US aramex account on 31st. still it is showing in account. called up and emailed anuradha iyer - she is saying it is forwarded to dubai but and the status will be updated once they receives it in dubai. but i don't believe this. i think aramex ships only once or twice in a week from US.

pretty disappointed!!!
all my shipment from uk came via dubai. although no idea whether they ship only once or twice from usa. the order may have increased resulting into them shipping more often. Anyways, which are those magical 2days from the week? need to know so that i can opt of appropriate shipping terms whenever i have to purchase something :)

Back