Samsung Captivate aka Galaxy S at 21K !

Aramex messed up my shipment badly. Reached their US office on 31st. Till now no trace - it is showing shipped but tracking is showing "updating shipment details" from yesterday and no whereabouts of the present status.

Called up and mailed Anuradha Iyer numerous times - all she is saying that "there is some system problem - I'm trying to get things sorted out as quickly as possible".

Most of the Aramex top bosses are not available - either out of office or busy in audit :( :( .

you can search google for vibrant vs captivate, there are many shootouts. almost each one of them says vibrant is better, even engadget.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Tapatalk

Both captivate and vibrant are almost identical except for appearance. Both give almost equal quadrant score with the optimized roms

people are preferring captivate because it doesn't look as a cheap phone build quality wise which the original galaxy s i9000 like devices look.

also captivate seems to support more hsdpa bands.

The only reason why I'm still interested in getting vibrant despite of getting captivate is the ffc mod..it virtually converts vibrant into nexus s

FFC mod = Front Facing Camera mod.

It is hardware mod and shouldn't matter to those who are not willing to open and screw with the device..

Otherwise captivate is a smarter choice...

-Sent by my Personal Assistant; Pardon her for typos if any.:)

archat68 said:
LOL !!

Good one :)
:p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

mine is in account at NY since 4th Feb and it still shows in account...

Mine was in the US account from 31st to 5th. Forwarded to Dubai just yesterday - don't remember after how many calls and emails !!! I timed the purchase as this was to be gifted to someone whose birthday is today (6th Feb). I assumed that 6 days would be sufficient for shipping from US to Kolkata !! :(

Post your experience on the ShopandShip Facebook page.

archat68 said:
Mine was in the US account from 31st to 5th. Forwarded to Dubai just yesterday - don't remember after how many calls and emails !!! I timed the purchase as this was to be gifted to someone whose birthday is today (6th Feb). I assumed that 6 days would be sufficient for shipping from US to Kolkata !! :(

Post your experience on the ShopandShip Facebook page.
come to gtalk

madnav said:
Both captivate and vibrant are almost identical except for appearance. Both give almost equal quadrant score with the optimized roms
people are preferring captivate because it doesn't look as a cheap phone build quality wise which the original galaxy s i9000 like devices look.

The only reason why I'm still interested in getting vibrant despite of getting captivate is the ffc mod..i visually converts vibrant into nexus s

It is hardware mod and shouldn't matter to those who are not willing to open and screw with the device..

Very aptly described...

madnav said:

The only reason why I'm still interested in getting vibrant despite of getting captivate is the ffc mod..it virtually converts vibrant into nexus s

Feeling adventurous, eh ? the FFC procedure looks dangerous :)

sharktale1212 said:
Feeling adventurous, eh ? the FFC procedure looks dangerous :)
no guts no glory

no pain no gain

i have started opening all the old cell phones that i have to get past the stage fright :p

opening zte blade was damn easy. had to open two of the blades s one of them came damaged and the other had touch/digitizer issue.

the functional damage was undone and the touch/digitizer issue was due to improper routing of 2 cables. The touch module was getting pressed around a certain point

This has began to feel as easy as troubleshooting pc problems..but that maybe because im enthusiastic rightnow :p

A cousin of mine who is equally interested in cellphones has started taking chip-level repair courses. Hopefully this would be enough to get me started with small hardware mods and repairs :)

the biggest issue is that the FFC cam is priced ridiculously.

need to start searching alternative one.

archat68 said:
^^ ya start a online repair shop for all these imported phones and make the TE members happy :)
heh, thats the dream though :):p

my parcel finally says shipped with today's date.

n my other parcel will reach them today :|

either way i will have to wait and check what the other magical day is :p

i had posted a complaint.

And they kept asking me for tracking number etc etc. Their own system has all that logged under my account info n still waste time in dealing with this info over CS?

I will be meeting a friend today who has a vibrant.

will check out build quality and decide whether its any better than galaxy S i9000

madnav said:
no guts no glory
no pain no gain

i have started opening all the old cell phones that i have to get past the stage fright :p

opening zte blade was damn easy. had to open two of the blades s one of them came damaged and the other had touch/digitizer issue.

the functional damage was undone and the touch/digitizer issue was due to improper routing of 2 cables. The touch module was getting pressed around a certain point

This has began to feel as easy as troubleshooting pc problems..but that maybe because im enthusiastic rightnow :p
A cousin of mine who is equally interested in cellphones has started taking chip-level repair courses. Hopefully this would be enough to get me started with small hardware mods and repairs :)

the biggest issue is that the FFC cam is priced ridiculously.
need to start searching alternative one.
Sometimes ...no pain no gain caues too much pain and not much gain . Personal experience :p

Tried my hand on a friend's Xbox360 after watching videos on resolving RROD issue. Now he wont talk to me :p

Two problematic ZTE's ..that wud be one hell of a bargain. 60 quids tops for one, I guess.

The FFC kit priced at $30 is too much, I think you can check the HK version of ebay for better prices.

is it free ??????????

archat68 said:
Aramex shop & ship is the cheapest so far.

Is it free ????????

Seems like SNS10VSCH is still working. Charged only 5USD.

On a Hunt for a captivate , anyone help me around for a good deal

sharktale1212 said:
Sometimes ...no pain no gain caues too much pain and not much gain . Personal experience :p

Tried my hand on a friend's Xbox360 after watching videos on resolving RROD issue. Now he wont talk to me :p

Two problematic ZTE's ..that wud be one hell of a bargain. 60 quids tops for one, I guess.

The FFC kit priced at $30 is too much, I think you can check the HK version of ebay for better prices.
they arrived problematic. I paid GBP230 for both as were listed new.

so basically i got ripped on ebay. But working around worked around :p

madnav said:
they arrived problematic. I paid GBP230 for both as were listed new.

so basically i got ripped on ebay. But working around worked around :p

You paid for new and they send you used ones

Back