Samsung Captivate aka Galaxy S at 21K !

mgdelhi said:
I was charged 4% above 1.03% on one of my ZTE Blades I bought recently. could it be because it was used?
naah thats not penalty.

That 4% is SAD(Special Additional Duty)

Depends on the guy evaluating your product.

Ok this is rich: Check out E forums. A guy selling his unlocked AT&T Galaxy S for 20k . If you cant sell here..why not employ another forums.

Seems like an uncanny coincidence. Anyone?

I think i'll wait till MWC on Feb 13th, when all the dual core phones will be announced. The launch date of the Atrix for ATT will be confirmed and launch date for LG Optimus 2X for Tmobile as well. There'll be a lot of ppl who'll want to sell their phones to upgrade. Will probably get some good deals then. Besides my aunt is coming end Feb so i can get it through her, so i can save on shipping as well :D

For people who have already got it, what was the total shipping+customs cost?

To be honest I am not sure whether aramex charged him customs amount. They charged him some 620 Rs.

but here's one thing, my was friend shifted to another place. When the package was arrived his little brother received it and paid amount. That aramex guy never came back according to my friend.

He had bought Used, Mint condition phone. But had said seller to mark it as gift.

Hey Guys

1 important thing that most people ignore is the band Compatibility on sets bought from USA

some USA Handsets Dont Support 900Mhz Band i am saying this from my personal experience

i Have unlocked few Samsung T959 GalaxyS aka T mobile Vibrant and they dont support 900 mhz band at all only work with 1800 mhz

so any one willing to buy just double check the specs

@ archat68

just check the ebay link u posted it says

Cellular Band: HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100

a1cellsolution said:
Hey Guys

1 important thing that most people ignore is the band Compatibility on sets bought from USA

some USA Handsets Dont Support 900Mhz Band i am saying this from my personal experience

i Have unlocked few Samsung T959 GalaxyS aka T mobile Vibrant and they dont support 900 mhz band at all only work with 1800 mhz

@ archat68

Which band should the mobile support for it to work in India?

the other problems have been addressed but the random shut down is something you have to look closely for , they are offering free replacement depending on the imei number but thats only valid if you can get the phone to america in first place , so be warned :)

a1cellsolution said:
Hey Guys

@ archat68

it is just the HSDPA info of the bands.

for GSM, it supports 850/900 1700/1800

HSDPA/UMTS support is 850/1700/1800/2100

Samsung Captivate (TM) Cell Phone - Wireless from AT&T

No. I think it would be around Thursday - Friday. Shipping from US by Aramex is not as fast as from UK. Varkey also confirmed that. :(

BTW I confirmed from the seller that the phone has no shutdown problem.

Now waiting anxiously !!

Back