Samsung Captivate aka Galaxy S at 21K !

bbthumbhealer said:
what's the minimum feedback score of the seller that u guys are looking for ur deals ?

i have one question, like if a seller has even a feedback score of lets say 10 , and he does some hanky panky in the deal , won't we still be protected by the PayPal Buyer Protection ?
I've not had problems with Sellers with feedback scores as low as 30-40 as long as it is 100% positive. But do check that most of it is as a seller.

You ARE protected by the Paypal buyer protection, but there are many hassles, since returning the product back from here CAN be a big deal. Paypal buyer protection

only protects you for a limited amount of time after the purchase. You have to receive and send it back within that time period, which usually is a tough thing to do. :p

The biggest issue is that,if you get some issue in the phone related to the software or hardware of the phone,and you claim it to the seller,and he abides on that...Who will pay the hefty charge shipping it back to USA.....

veer_singh said:
guys captivate is better than vibrant right !!!!!!!

I would not take the risk with Captivate because of the random shut down issues. People are saying that issue was with a particular batch, but

you never know if you got the rotten egg yourself. :p

If you have done a bit of a research on the selling patterns of both the phones on ebay, you will notice that the Captivate sells around

330-350 for new while the Vibrant easily goes all the way to 400. That says something. ;)

Looks are subjective. I also have a VZW Samsung Fascinate which is working great for my CDMA number, and

I prefer its flat back cover. The chin on the Vibrant back cover sucks but I can live with it. :p

madnav said:
@Ryan's Private :p

The 1st post was edited to include the IMEI range affected with the isue. you just have to ask seller for last 4 numbers on IMEI which most of them tell (most of them are aware of the issue)

anyways..

@topic..

this maybe a show off but look what i bagged :yeah: :bleh:

SAMSUNG SGH VIBRANT T959 (UNLOCKED) T-MOBILE - eBay (item 160552831803 end time Feb-28-11 06:40:17 PST)
:O Thats cruel, maddy.. :( Awesome deal you got re. But sealed ones are all above 375. So I guess I wasnt exactly ripped off. But I agree, had I gone for a slightly used unit, there were better deals. :\

i would advice not looking with new filter all the time, sometimes slightly used ones are listed in used filter; there have been deals of 180-200 shipped for new ones which go by the time you want to make payment.

keep watching and your time will come :)

I have one more and a stronger reason to not buy brand new.

brand new in box = untested.

Just can not afford to find out whether it works properly after receiving here in india. I would prefer a slightly scratched over an overpriced paperweight..

everybody likes a virgin but the virgin bleeds the most...don't forget.

^ I'll keep that in mind the next time around. Thanks re. :) Btw, bought it for yourself or intend to sell it? :p

Btw, if anyone is still thinking of purchasing from ebay with your paypal balance, please report back here if it is still working. Well you know, just to know! :p

im using cc via paypal.

i will keep it if i like it.

else i have a line of people waiting for the same :p

i generally do not bid/buy if im dont want to purchase it for sure be it for me or for someone else(who confirmed). i just dont want my ebay and paypal banned due to unpaid auctions. This I would suggest to since many have got their ebay ID banned and then CC banned over paypal as a result.

Back