Samsung Galaxy Note - Discussion Thread

The S-Line feels perfect on this phone. The fit is pretty snug. The side grip is also pretty decent after a weeks use. Not as 'poky'.

I have RocketRom v12 downloaded. Nandroid back-up done. I guess tonight I shall wipe and install. My only issue is with some games like Contract Killer: Zombies and Shadow Gun. I don't want to keepre-downloading their data.

moksh4u2 said:
very interesting indeed....waiting for atleast an alpha before i flash my first rom . hell im still to root the device :p
Since you've waited this long, I'd say continue waiting till a proper ICS rom hits (guess that ain't far away) :p

Sent from The Note using T'talk Pro

dafreaking said:
HAHA... I have put off plans of RocketRom at the moment. Will wait for ICS even if it takes a month or so..
Better! :p Backing up, restoring and customizing from scratch is too much pain :p

Sent from The Note using T'talk Pro

plsoft said:
Saw battery life improvement after flashing to AbyssNote 2.5 all thanks to this thread & @freaky. So, my new battery performance is:

With stock kernel: Charged battery full before sleep, in the morning remaining battery was 80%.

With AbyssNote kernel: Charged battery to 98% before sleep, in the morning remaining battery was 92% :eek:hyeah:

In relation to my above post, will by warranty be void? In case my phone requires servicing, is there any way to go back to stock kernel without downloading the whole 500+ mb stock rom posted by Dr.Ketan @xda forum?

For the record, i've CWM 5 and AbyssNote 2.5 kernel, no custom rom (yet).

If you're referring to just the kernel, yes you can go back to stock without downloading the full ROM. Just get the required zImage file from any stock Note and flash.

Freaky said:
If you're referring to just the kernel, yes you can go back to stock without downloading the full ROM. Just get the required zImage file from any stock Note and flash.

Damn, didn't take any backup of that. Can i get it online or can anyone here with Galaxy Note share the file?

Guys has anyone had a similar experience? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1336164&page=5

this how I got suspicious

my first charge lasted 2 days with moderate use.

then I tested this twice

twice charged while on, and twice charged while off

it is more than obvious.

now what I do, I set my call forward "while not available" to my land phone

and I turn the device off before I go to sleep and connect it to the charger.

The strange thing which makes me feel uncomfortable is no one else posted the same.

Back