Samsung Galaxy Note - Discussion Thread

Hey Freaky,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. Guys, Freaky has one Jig with my name on it. Since my Note purchase has been put off indefinitely, you guys are free to take mine.

Cheers

No problem!

#Giridegr8, please PM if you want one (Satan's)

6 were shipped today to kingdomraj, abhifusion, rajshah, Pat, moksh4u2 and dafreaking!

#rdst_1, sorry man! By the time I got your PM, I had already posted and gotten back to work. And since the next 4 days are public holidays here, I can only post on Wednesday. Please let me know if the same is fine by you

#saurabhtrivedi, Giri posted first here. So, if he wants and pays immediately for Satan's jig, will send it to him. Else, its yours. And another member has also not responded till now. Will wait one more day and if there is no response, will ping you

#Freaky - no problem man. i am in no hurry. I just ordered it incase i want to sell it then it should come in handy.I have no problem with the yellow triangle. I beleive this should work with other samsung phones as well coz i might be getting a nexus sooner than i though i would. anyways thanks for going through all the trouble.

#rdst1

So have you decided on the phone ? I guess you mentioned being confused between Infuse and Note and possibly zeroed down to Nexus ?

Any reason for choosing Nexus (which exact model ??) over the other 2 ?

Keep your eyes trained on this kernel fellas - [KERNEL] SpeedMod N7000 [K1-1 TEST CWM4 CIFS ROOT]

Is most likely to become the standard kernel once it becomes final
<

#rdst1

So have you decided on the phone ? I guess you mentioned being confused between Infuse and Note and possibly zeroed down to Nexus ?

Any reason for choosing Nexus (which exact model ??) over the other 2 ?

Lol...i am still as much confused. The only problem with the Infuse is the 512MB RAM. I will definitely want a phone larger than my S2. No note for me for sure as i played with one of my friends and it is a bit too large for me to use. I just can't make up my mind as to get the Nexus from US or to wait for one to be launched in India.

I dont think anyone needs to update to any custom ROM. Just update the kernel (abyss is doing grt) and use Titanium Backup Pro to delete/freeze all the stuff that you dont require. I am running my system at 800MHz and its running better than the stock system. Got a drain of less than 15% since yesterday night, with wifi ON, after moderate use.

Just moved back to latest stock (rooted) - N7000XXLA3

Please to report that the lags are completely gone.. But most importantly, the battery life is (*knocks on wood) incredibly good

Am at 86% after 10 hours of moderate daytime usage (bunch of phone calls, multiple texts, multiple IM sessions and 20-25 minutes of browser usage)

So bought Note yest and am loving it so far....just facing a bit of lag in S Memo app otherwise its brilliant
<

just a doubt regarding screen protector...does note need it or not ?

I just don't like it but the shopkeeper was adamant about it...so what you guys say is it totally necessary or not ?

So bought Note yest and am loving it so far....just facing a bit of lag in S Memo app otherwise its brilliant
<

just a doubt regarding screen protector...does note need it or not ?

I just don't like it but the shopkeeper was adamant about it...so what you guys say is it totally necessary or not ?

No screen protector here, never liked using them. But I do have the flipcover to protect the screen from random stuff in pockets.

Back