Samsung Galaxy Note - Discussion Thread

I finally used the HTC one x for a day.. I currently own the galaxy note and loving it... I still don't know what the quad is used for as I just found the one x to be the same just slightly faster which is very negligible.. the gaming scenario in android is stupid compared to IOS. I am playing games which my brother who had a galaxy s was playing two years ago. So basically the quad would be used to run few games which would even run on dual cores. So happy I didn't wait it for these phones.the one x display looks bright but mostly the same I find it weird when people stick there eyes to the screen and grumble about pentile display which in actual use is nothing different.. so the note is one damn awesome phone....

guys whenever the official ICS comes ...i will try that .........but is there any way to get back to the current gingerbread i have stock ??

Anyone jumped onto the CM nightlies?

Honestly the only thing keeping me from flashing CM at the moment is the broken speakerphone and USB OTG.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

I am on the CM nightly right now. It's super smooth. The stock ICS is simply skinned GB with a few better funtioning ICS apps in my opinion.
AOSP / AOKP / CM9 is just fab.

Edit:

Talking about the shutter lag in the camera, I used an app called Camera Zoom Fx.
It's quite nice and has a lot of good features.
It has one additional option to keep the Focus : Fixed. The default samsung / ICS camera apps have Focus : Auto / Macro / Face Detection.
With Fixed focus, the camera has almost no lag. I understand that the camera won't focus on any particular object / person and will just click what's in the frame. But apart from that, anything else I am missing on while using Focus as Fixed ?

Edit:

Talking about the shutter lag in the camera, I used an app called Camera Zoom Fx.
It's quite nice and has a lot of good features.
It has one additional option to keep the Focus : Fixed. The default samsung / ICS camera apps have Focus : Auto / Macro / Face Detection.
With Fixed focus, the camera has almost no lag. I understand that the camera won't focus on any particular object / person and will just click what's in the frame. But apart from that, anything else I am missing on while using Focus as Fixed ?

Also you can use an app called InstaCamera from Play store if
Focus is not an issue.It dosen't overcome the shutter lag but decreases the overall time taken in photo capturing to quite a bit.

can u provide me a link to LC1 .......
Reasons for LC1
and is Rooting Required ?? to flash
[STOCK ROMS] N7000 All stock ROMs + install + Root guide All at 1place,Latest ICS LPY - xda-developers

LC1 because that is the latest wipe version available for Gingerbread IIRC.
Check for N7000XXLC1---------2.3.6-------2012 March----------N7000OXALC1-----------Open Europe----------------------------- Download (wipe)
You will get all information about flashing in that thread itself. No rooting required to flash official stock roms via ODIN.

Just follow the instructions in second post there to the letter and you are good.

New ICS rom LPF is up. New fresh ICS bootloader. Hopefully this ends all the woes we were facing. Downloading....
So far no scary stuff reported like LPY. :D

And my note is back with me just in time :D

@Shripad Saar, Downloaded and flashed the new LPF? How is it? What're your first impressions with the same?
I am still downloading it.
How did you root it? via CF Root or the other method explained by ketan on xda?
And, does the Triangle Away by CF works on our device or not?

Last edited by a moderator:
I need a app for recording phone calls while on call for my galaxy note. Is there any as such available?

There are roms with call recording built in. Check those

Btw, I still have one USB jig which is used to reset the flash counter and remove the yellow triangle with me. Anyone wanting the same, please drop a PM

Sent from my lil Captivate using Tapatalk 2

Yup, flashed it. No problems so far. No obvious bugs. Everything is working fine.
What other method has he posted? (CWM zip + SU busybox like LPY? ) I wanted permanent recovery, so I used the old method. CFroot via mobile odin pro.

Yup, flashed it. No problems so far. No obvious bugs. Everything is working fine.
What other method has he posted? (CWM zip + SU busybox like LPY? ) I wanted permanent recovery, so I used the old method. CFroot via mobile odin pro.

Yes, this!

I'll also be using the CF method only. And what did you do to remove the Yellow triangle on boot?

Yes, this!

I'll also be using the CF method only. And what did you do to remove the Yellow triangle on boot?

I ensured I never get the Yellow triangle ;)
There is triangle removing apple posted on XDA, but I never bothered to check it in detail. I waited patiently in the beginning (in the wee days of Note development back in 2011 ) until the safe method was available.
Mobile ODIN Pro is also an investment made for this purpose (and for obvious convenience factor where I can upgrade any version of ROM even when I am away from PC )

There is triangle removing apple posted on XDA, but I never bothered to check it in detail. I waited patiently in the beginning (in the wee days of Note development back in 2011 ) until the safe method was available.
Mobile ODIN Pro is also an investment made for this purpose (and for obvious convenience factor where I can upgrade any version of ROM even when I am away from PC )

Alright. I'll see about this then.
This NO-Yellow-Triangle thing is a must for every of us. I guess this safe method is the only thing that saved you from voiding your warranty when getting the board of your gNote replaced.

Can you please explain me how to root the LPF stock rom via MobileODIN using CFKernel?

Can you please explain me how to root the LPF stock rom via MobileODIN using CFKernel?

You have to do that step 1 to get basic root to even operate Mobile Odin. The advantage of CFroot is that you also get permanent CWM recovery unlike the (CWM.zip + SU install which gets you the root but it does not flash the CWM to replace stock recovery of the phone. So you cannot do Nandroid backup or have full advance options of CWM available to you. Its not really big deal 90% of the times but it can come in very handy when something does go wrong.
CFroot is second step.
If you are doing flashing using Mobile ODIN (from already rooted rom), then you can directly specify the kernel file in mobile ODIN.

You have to do that step 1 to get basic root to even operate Mobile Odin. The advantage of CFroot is that you also get permanent CWM recovery unlike the (CWM.zip + SU install which gets you the root but it does not flash the CWM to replace stock recovery of the phone. So you cannot do Nandroid backup or have full advance options of CWM available to you. Its not really big deal 90% of the times but it can come in very handy when something does go wrong.
CFroot is second step.
If you are doing flashing using Mobile ODIN (from already rooted rom), then you can directly specify the kernel file in mobile ODIN.

Finally! On LPF stock ICS now.
Some users on xda reported hard brick with this LPF thing too. And some have reported wifi issues with the CF kernel. I think i'll skip things for a moment. Not touching anything right now. Should i stay where i am or revert back to stock LC1?
I guess i should wait for Indian ICS to release.

Back