Samsung Galaxy S II launched on May 25th - Retail Availability in June

amul_mitm said:
Got mine @28.4k on June 18. Looking for a case for it. Case-mate things look okay to me. Do they leave any scratches of their own? Also I'm thinking of pairing it with a BT headset, please suggest...
Well i m having case mate barely there for around 10 days havnt seen any scratches.Dont know whether in long run will it scratch or not.

^^ stay away from Amzer. They have a yellow haze and are not of quality. Couple of folks including me discarded the screen protector that we got from amzer. Go for scratch gard or gadget shieldz product in ebay.in

CeDrIc said:

Stay away from amzer screen protectors, its better to keep screen without screen protector than using it.

Get scratch guard from ebay.in, quality may b not b as SGP ones but still miles miles better than amzer .if u dont want to order SGP ones get scratch guard.

Hello

Amzer only giving Anti Glare matte screen protectors they should provide clear also because my friend is using it on Dell Streak and that is very good and ultra clear.

techpal said:
Stay away from amzer screen protectors, its better to keep screen without screen protector than using it.

Get scratch guard from ebay.in, quality may b not b as SGP ones but still miles miles better than amzer .if u dont want to order SGP ones get scratch guard.

I got the Adpo stock when phone was not launched in India when my buyers got the phone they try to apply it and they found that had some problem in fitting between ear speaker and the border of the phone. So i have lots of them but not selling coz of that problem. Now i have Amzer and i am getting very good feedback from buyers in eBay.

phoenix844884 said:
@Cedric - Don't know much about Amzer, but I am using the Adpo screen protector. A bit oleophilic but works fine.

techpal said:
Well i m having case mate barely there for around 10 days havnt seen any scratches.Dont know whether in long run will it scratch or not.
thanks for the info mate... will order one on ebay, if i dont find one locally.

I bought ScratchGard for S2 from eBay.in (550/- shipped) but can't recommend it. Even before I peeled it open I could see there were some dust / dirt particles stuck to it and its really oleophilic.

Where does it say "MHL" on the box? Have you tried it? If so, does the mobile gets charged while connected to the television?

techpal said:
Just now got my HDTV-MHL Adapter.

Edit: Just now read on engadget that a MHL TV is required to charge the mobile during playback from mobile :(

buBleZ said:
^^ I got the same one. Its scratch gard. Its perfect on my s2. Maybe you got a bad piece?
Could be a bad piece looking at the way my luck has been going recently. I even got all the Super AMOLED+ features on my S2 (yellow tint, banding at low brightness) :mad:

^^ I am on the same boat bro.. I also got yellow tint and banding at low brightness
But wasn't the yellow tinting and pink spot issues taken care of by a software update as mentioned in some posts earlier? Please correct me if I am wrong. :ashamed:

^^ Latest firmware here too, still got yellow tint and banding. A nice picture of these features is posted on Engadget here.

You can clearly see the alternate light and dark grey bands on the notification area and its not like the banding is limited to the notification area, you'll notice it at other places too while using the phone.

This is not related to the banding seen on gradients, which can be tested on your phone here.

Hey guys, what do you think about the battery cover of this phone ?. I noticed that its build is very very cheap and and samsung claims it as flexible and unbreakable. How smart..... Moreover the internals of the phone is also not so sturdy. A 30k worth phone should have all these regardless of its performance IMO.

For this sole reason i will definitely not go for this phone. Pour your views guys...

anfjavid said:
Hey guys, what do you think about the battery cover of this phone ?. I noticed that its build is very very cheap and and samsung claims it as flexible and unbreakable. How smart..... Moreover the internals of the phone is also not so sturdy. A 30k worth phone should have all these regardless of its performance IMO.

For this sole reason i will definitely not go for this phone. Pour your views guys...
erm, what do you mean internals are not sturdy? Its perfectly well built phone.

The back cover is thin for sure, but when its on phone, it fits so snugly that you wont be able to tell its that thin. It sits flush with battery and other internals and does not squeak or warp at all.

The only real issues with this phone are ironically related to the beautiful display. Some have the spots.

Banding is almost universally visible if you run your display at low brightness. It goes away / becomes less noticeable when you up the screen brightness. More visible on dull grey / offwhite backgrounds with low brightness.

Back