Samsung Galaxy S II launched on May 25th - Retail Availability in June

arun687 said:
^ There's also ebay deals of the week offering Galaxy S2 for 28490/- and with the Independence Day offer, you can get a free 500gb HDD also.

Brand New Samsung Galaxy S2 9100 Android 8MP 4.3" | eBay

independence Day

Thats good deal , thanks :) ... I guess ebay doesnt offer COD option, also cant make up my mind to go with ebay for 30k purchase :(

BTW Gsmarena quotes 18Hrs talktime on 2G, are S2 owners here really getting it ??

@^^

Many people on TE are waiting for the same. But seriously, having slightly sleeker looks in an already sleek and beautiful phone, and trading that with official warranty, is it really worth the wait? Not to mention the sourcing hassles, duties, shipping, uncertainty.

Get this one locally. I am personally not a fan of the standard Android four button layout. Having a dedicated home key suits me. Just an IMO. :)

^^^ No I am actually from Denver. So that is why I am waiting for Attain or even Hercules. I never buy and import as I do not see the reason too as I am only in India on visa basis :p So I have to travel back to Denver. Anyways you are right. That is what I tell others who ask if buying from US is good or not.

Plus I am due for a upgrade with ATT and waiting to see if I can use it for Attain or IP5 :)

If you are due for an upgrade then its going to be huge toss up between iPhone 5 and Attain. Both are (going to be) amazing phones. Check out Samsung Infuse as well.

abhifusion said:
Damn ! Homeshop18 dont ship to my area :( ... Are there any better deals with S II ? Getting 1000 off on 29990 from letsbuy doesnt make up the 5% Octroi they charge here :mad: ... I guess I better buy it locally :-|

Pimpri FTW !!!!

Me and a friend have ordered S2 and both of us are absolutely anal about scratches, marks, dust, etc.

I understand that everything can't be avoided but what should be the best protection given to avoid the above?

I'd like to put it in a good leather case but was wondering what else is required, I won't mind making it a little thicker but the protection should be good.

kestrel5915 said:
Me and a friend have ordered S2 and both of us are absolutely anal about scratches, marks, dust, etc.

I understand that everything can't be avoided but what should be the best protection given to avoid the above?

I'd like to put it in a good leather case but was wondering what else is required, I won't mind making it a little thicker but the protection should be good.
Hello

Well if you do not care about bulkiness or money then you can try for otterbox. We are also soon getting some new cases in Amzer like go case etc.

Regards

Sent from my Moto Defy using Tapatalk

time2shop said:
Hello

Well if you do not care about bulkiness or money then you can try for otterbox. We are also soon getting some new cases in Amzer like go case etc.

Regards

The OtterBox SAMSUNG GALAXY S II COMMUTER (Samsung Galaxy S II Commuter Series Case // OtterBox.com), does look like a good option, I'll look into it.

What about screen guard?

Because this so called Gorilla glass does pick up scratches.

Or should I just get a leather case which I'm interested in?

kestrel5915 said:
The OtterBox SAMSUNG GALAXY S II COMMUTER (Samsung Galaxy S II Commuter Series Case // OtterBox.com), does look like a good option, I'll look into it.

What about screen guard?

Because this so called Gorilla glass does pick up scratches.

Or should I just get a leather case which I'm interested in?
Yeah gorilla glass is good but one of my friend using amzer anti glare screen guard which have matte finish on it and do not pick finger prints. But it reduce the gloss of the screen but usage is good. In clear screen guard it feels like sticky and oily every 5 min and you have to clean it and also gets lots of finger prints. You can check my site for that screen guard.

Regards

Back