Android Samsung Galaxy S3 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only decent one available right now in india is the s-line case.. it's a snug fit and also grips quite good... am still waiting for the otterbox commuter in white
also have a look at the tridea bumper case, it looks pretty good on a white phone, not sure abt blue

Had purchased a Screenward branded screen protector from ebay (seller is homeshop18). There is a I9300 sticker on the outside, but the protector inside is not at all made for S3. It is small and does not even cover the screen area. Seems to be made for the S2. I am not sure who is to blame here. Did they accidentally put the sticker on the wrong product or are they deliberately passing off S2 screen guards for S3? Whatever the case, would recommend people to stay away. Ordered an Amzer screen guard now.

I have heard ngpay are offering blue color with ready shipping if someone wants to change their order. This was offered to one of my friends.
On other hand i got to try my hands on the GS3 at TGIP, Noida. I think because of using an iPhone extensively for over a month i just cant stand the over saturated colors of samsung amoled screens anymore. I don't think i will be able to appreciate the hardware firepower of GS3 and might go for the One X instead because it has the iPhone like natural colors because of that SuperLCD2 and the gorgeous polycarbonate body.

Tried the S3 at a samsung store.

Full HD videos look better on S3 than on my S2 cos of the full HD screen.

Apart from that i felt the new widgets have improved on the eye candy part .

Also the water looks more fluidy now than on my S3.

Guys i have a White S3, that i just bought today morning. All accessories are sealed. I got it for 38500 but now i wish to go back to my 4s.
If anyone from Delhi wants one for 37k i can give it to you today itself.

Why do you want to go back to 4s?

I thought I could but I can't stand the laggy feel of Android anymore. Yes it is the smoothest Android I have used till date, but can't seem to find the strength or time to complete the transition from iOs to Android yet.

I thought I could but I can't stand the laggy feel of Android anymore. Yes it is the smoothest Android I have used till date, but can't seem to find the strength or time to complete the transition from iOs to Android yet.

You kidding right ?

Lag on S3, that too out of the box its hard to believe. But yes the transition from iOS to Android could take some time.

For a regular android user it is very smooth. But i was browsing TE on Maxothon browser and the phone was definitely laggy. Plus the way android transitions are designed they feel a little laggy to an iOS user. Strangely i still think S2 was a better phone, but that might be because i hadnt used an iphone before that.

I had a chance to use the S3 at one of the Reliance Digital outlets. Can't really tell how glad I am that I did stick to my note. The phone is small. Too small in comparison. The aspect ratio is making up for all the real estate loss, even after being odd 4.8 incher. But more than the screen size, I was pissed off seeing the build quality of the flagship model from the house of Samsung. I thought that NOTE was shabbily built but this one trounces the NOTE. Having HTX OneX in one hand and the S3 in another, the difference was huge. A big big let down here.

Talking about the smoothness, well let me be honest and unbiased here. I didn't find anything out of the world. It isn't, really isn't smoother than the NOTE (but I am on launcher pro and I admit that the stock homescreens lag on the NOTE as well). The HTC oneX was better. The transition between the homescreens are jittery at best.

I spent good 20 minutes with the device keeping in perspective the NOTE that I had in my pocket. I honestly didn't feel that the S3 is even a step up (let alone calling a huge step up) from the NOTE. The HTC OneX sure is a step up, at least in the build quality and the overall feel of the device but S3, I'd say its all hype. Not counting the jazzy features like multishot camera clicks, I didn't find any reasonable value addition that Samsung did, that could convince me about the high premium this device is commanding.

I so wanted to sell my NOTE and get the S3 (disliked HOX for its shoddy failure rates) and those 20 minutes with the device made everything clear for me.

Made for humans. Yeah Sure. But only for humans who have lot of money to spare. I for one am not the one. I've my eyes set on the NOTE-2 release now.

HTC One X vs Galaxy S3

The lack of microSD slot alone is enough to make it a no contest in my book, That alone was enough to make me ignore the One X.

As for build quality I have tried my hand at both phones at the Reliance Digital store and I didn't find the build quality of the One X considerably better either. One X is a wee bit thicker and most its perceived build quality seems to be due to the fact that it doesn't have a removable back cover and not because the materials or the design. The back cover on the S3 is definitely flimsy, but I don't think that alone is an indicator of poor build quality. People thought the same about Galaxy S as well, but that phone can handle a free fall considerably better than many other phones that are of supposed to be better build quality.

Note vs Galaxy S3
I think they are different categories and I do agree that once you try using the Note, every other phone looks small in comparison. In fact when I was initially comparing the Note with One X, the later looked puny in comparison even though One X/S3 is no small phones.

As for Note 2 price, I don't think it would be any cheaper than S3.

^
Very rightly said. For Note owners s3 is not much of an upgrade, infact its downgrade in terms of screen. After using note's screen you cant go back to smaller screens, really spoiled by its magnificient screen. I am too waiting for Note 2 and it will be worthy upgrade for me.

Played with Blue S3 at Aundh Croma today... The display unit was without any pink tint :) ... Compared the screen side by side with Note, only difference was brightness of Note was little higher... Now I can start my hunt for the Blue S3 from tomorrow :D

Finally got my case :D

Nice soft sandpaper feel, fits very snuggly and is quite thin and light

Attachments

• 20120613_225831.jpg
    20120613_225831.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 143
  • 20120613_225850.jpg
    20120613_225850.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 162
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back