Android Samsung Galaxy S3 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GUYS!!!!!
any black clipping and banding issues in this s3....??????
Black blocking and artifacts that are still with users on Galaxy Note are gone. Both hardware and software decode outputs are now almost identical with very little difference. (Tested using the Real Steel opening credit sequence mkv test file I have on my SDcard.). Will test more videos tomorrow or day after.

took the plunge. Ordered the blue s3 from indiaplaza with a discount coupon of 5k. Costed 33.9k.. Now keeping the fingers crossed and hoping that i get a good and fault free device. :D

Get an acknowlegement from the seller the day you collect the replacement , though ideally since you haven't paid yet the invoice would not yet be generated at his shop right ?

Actually you shouldn't buy the phone even if the replacement is defective again :p

Yeah makes sense, although he'll be very pissed off if I reject it again :lol:

I have a query regarding online purchase of S3...

Say if I but it from Indiaplaza, I place order on 20th June and they ship it to me by 27th. I open the package and find a defect/screen tint problem. Can I claim it for DOA and ask for replacement ?? Because DOA can only be availed within 4 days of billing date and in this case it'll be past 4 days because of shipping time...

Sorry for bugging about DOA DOA but I want perfect piece for the price I'm paying
:annoyed:

Here is some of the stuff that I got for my Galaxy S3 so far.

Storage Fix for my S3 - Sandisk 64GB Micro SDXC Class 10. Worked perfectly out of the box in my S3.

Silicone Case - This gives a decent grip to the phone, but overall it is somewhat loose fitting.

TPU Case - This is perfect. Gives a nice grip to the phone and some protection.

USB OTG Adapter - Works perfectly. I don't have a thumb drive handy, but worked fine when I connected a mouse.

Slide case - This is from the same link ebay link posted a few posts above this one. Fits Galaxy S3 like a glove so much that It is somewhat hard to pull the phone out. I guess this is only a temporary problem as such cases tend to loosen up a bit. The main problem for me is that I want a good grip as well after getting used to the TPU case. I will probably look for an alternative case that will put the phone with the TPU case attached.

Sea Hawk Screen guard for S3.

Coincidentally this screen guard was not something that I ordered, but rather given free along with the case above. Apparently the seller has unexpected number of orders for the case and couldn't ship the item within their limit of 1~2 days. So although he did ship it well within the eBay timelines, he bundled this as a token of goodwill. I opened it hoping to find another screen guard that's an ill fit for S3, but to my surprise this is perfectly cut for the S3 and fits the entire front correctly with spaces for Front camera and the home button. This is the best screen guard for S3 that I have come across so far for S3. I would recommend this strongly.

Here is some of the stuff that I got for my Galaxy S3 so far.

Storage Fix for my S3 - Sandisk 64GB Micro SDXC Class 10. Worked perfectly out of the box in my S3.

Silicone Case - This gives a decent grip to the phone, but overall it is somewhat loose fitting.

TPU Case - This is perfect. Gives a nice grip to the phone and some protection.

USB OTG Adapter - Works perfectly. I don't have a thumb drive handy, but worked fine when I connected a mouse.

Slide case - This is from the same link ebay link posted a few posts above this one. Fits Galaxy S3 like a glove so much that It is somewhat hard to pull the phone out. I guess this is only a temporary problem as such cases tend to loosen up a bit. The main problem for me is that I want a good grip as well after getting used to the TPU case. I will probably look for an alternative case that will put the phone with the TPU case attached.

Sea Hawk Screen guard for S3.

Coincidentally this screen guard was not something that I ordered, but rather given free along with the case above. Apparently the seller has unexpected number of orders for the case and couldn't ship the item within their limit of 1~2 days. So although he did ship it well within the eBay timelines, he bundled this as a token of goodwill. I opened it hoping to find another screen guard that's an ill fit for S3, but to my surprise this is perfectly cut for the S3 and fits the entire front correctly with spaces for Front camera and the home button. This is the best screen guard for S3 that I have come across so far for S3. I would recommend this strongly.

Can u post some pics with the s3 in the pouch sideways with flap open. Want to see the fitting of the phone. I will be buying the same pouch soon.

Got a chance of some hands on session with the S3 today, what a phone!

Buttery smooth awesome screen and the build is so much better.

Exchanging my 1 year old s2 would cost me 22k at mobile store. I'm actually thinking about it.

Got a chance of some hands on session with the S3 today, what a phone!

Buttery smooth awesome screen and the build is so much better.

Exchanging my 1 year old s2 would cost me 22k at mobile store. I'm actually thinking about it.

Means you'll be getting around 17k for the 1yr old SGSII ? Sorry for a bit off topic post but how much would the Mobile Store give for a 6 month old Galaxy Note /?

Yeah makes sense, although he'll be very pissed off if I reject it again :lol:

I have a query regarding online purchase of S3...

Say if I but it from Indiaplaza, I place order on 20th June and they ship it to me by 27th. I open the package and find a defect/screen tint problem. Can I claim it for DOA and ask for replacement ?? Because DOA can only be availed within 4 days of billing date and in this case it'll be past 4 days because of shipping time...

Sorry for bugging about DOA DOA but I want perfect piece for the price I'm paying
:annoyed:

That 4 day policy was at the samsung cafe I got it from, other places might have different policies. I think Indiaplaza has a 30day return policy right ? Check with them, though I think it might be better to check the phone in person before you buy :p

Means you'll be getting around 17k for the 1yr old SGSII ? Sorry for a bit off topic post but how much would the Mobile Store give for a 6 month old Galaxy Note /?

Yes that is correct. My phone has a very small dent on the right hand side of the bezel apart from which it is in excellent condition.

You should check with a retail outlet regarding a 6 month old Note, pretty sure it will fetch more.

Sorry for bugging about DOA DOA but I want perfect piece for the price I'm paying:annoyed:

That 4 day policy was at the samsung cafe I got it from, other places might have different policies. I think Indiaplaza has a 30day return policy right ? Check with them, though I think it might be better to check the phone in person before you buy :p

Sorry looks like the 4 day DOA policy is something universal by Samsung

xda-developers - View Single Post - Official Indian GS3 Owners Thread -Discussion, reviews and more

My friend is going to buy this flip-cover. But its too costly.

SAMSUNG ORIGINAL FLIP COVER

Please let me know if same cover is available in other sites like ebay, flipkart etc for less...!!

But it really enhances the look and feel of the phones i feel its worth its 1500 bucks, Esp if its white the light texture given on it is very good, i had made by a my already beautiful phone more adorable.
But the catch is maintenance, to an extent gaming can become a bit difficult at times

My friend is going to buy this flip-cover. But its too costly.

SAMSUNG ORIGINAL FLIP COVER

Please let me know if same cover is available in other sites like ebay, flipkart etc for less...!!

It costs just 800 bucks to the shopwalla(according to my friend who know a shopwalla well), so if you know someone at local store, you might get it for less...
Personally not a fan of it though, since it wont provide much protection in case of fall...

Yeah, 4 days is too less ! And due to limited stock of Blue one could not have choice of color in case of DOA... I guess I'll wait for week or two until there is enough stock :yawn:

Can anyone please tell me how bright the screen is in sunlight? Is it visible enough in the 'Indian' sun? This alone might prompt me to buy the HTC One X, although I like the SIII in most of the other departments.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I didn't know where else I could.

Can anyone please tell me how bright the screen is in sunlight? Is it visible enough in the 'Indian' sun? This alone might prompt me to buy the HTC One X, although I like the SIII in most of the other departments.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I didn't know where else I could.

I find it fine. You have to increase brightness or use auto brightness though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back