Android Samsung Galaxy S3 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cracked the screen of my S3 today.Took it ot the service center who replaced the screen in 1 hr flat for 6.5K.Gorilla Glass 2 is a piece of #&#37@. My old Wave I took quite a number of hits without any problem.So right now I am kitted out with a back cover + a top-slide pouch for Galaxy Note (since there were none matching the S3's size)

I read its selling for 250$ on international websites so thought it would cost ~12-14k here to replace it... 6.5k is descent I would say !

Cracked the screen of my S3 today.Took it ot the service center who replaced the screen in 1 hr flat for 6.5K.Gorilla Glass 2 is a piece of #&#37@. My old Wave I took quite a number of hits without any problem.So right now I am kitted out with a back cover + a top-slide pouch for Galaxy Note (since there were none matching the S3's size)

I believe the smart phone variants are not the rough use kinda stuff and so expect some misbehavior when you drop them down. Sorry for your set-back though.

I read its selling for 250$ on international websites so thought it would cost ~12-14k here to replace it... 6.5k is descent I would say !
Seriously? After paying 32 grand (or more), the least one would expect is a quality product. Even one rupee of expenditure is undesirable. What is the premium for if the damn thing is so delicate

Seriously? After paying 32 grand (or more), the least one would expect is a quality product. Even one rupee of expenditure is undesirable. What is the premium for if the damn thing is so delicate
I think you are confused with term "delicate" and "quality" sir. Even iPhone shatters when dropped from chest height, but I don't see people complaining about its quality. However I agree these phones should be made more "sturdier" for the premium they demand.

I think you are confused with term "delicate" and "quality" sir. Even iPhone shatters when dropped from chest height, but I don't see people complaining about its quality. However I agree these phones should be made more "sturdier" for the premium they demand.
And that isn't acceptable either. Seriously, delicate and quality don't go hand in hand when it comes to these devices.

It was in my pocket in a leather case with the screen facing outwards when I hit the side of a desk in my office.Took out the phone and the screen was cracked all the way starting from the top speaker.So I guess IT IS QUITE DELICATE.The Wave with Gorilla Glass 1 survived direct drops to the ground whereas I shudder to think what will happen if I drop my S3 on the ground.

I may buy the galaxy s3 here in US. I can get the international version as well as the AT&T version. Which one is preferably and why ? I do know that the international version is quad core and US one is dual core.
I am not sure about other things.
Btw I won't really be playing any games on the phone.

I may buy the galaxy s3 here in US. I can get the international version as well as the AT&T version. Which one is preferably and why ? I do know that the international version is quad core and US one is dual core.
I am not sure about other things.
Btw I won't really be playing any games on the phone.
Sound quality in the international version is better & so is the custom development...

Wahahahaha! S3 in my hand!

My Galaxy R was stolen in Jan. This one... I'll guard with my life. Guys, any deals or coupons for medical surgery? I'm thinking of surgically embedding my phone under my skin. I won't be able to use it, but at least I'll own it and no risk of theft.

And btw, the warranty card says something about filling it in and submitting it to a service centre within 2 weeks of purchase. I thought only a bill was needed for servicing? No?

I have read many articles and reviews on thee Internet and many of them suggest that the battery life in s3 is quiet good. I might be buying s3 so wanted to know about personal opinions.
I was also thinking about the razr Maxx with its massive battery but it bigger bezel makes the screen appear small.

I have read many articles and reviews on thee Internet and many of them suggest that the battery life in s3 is quiet good. I might be buying s3 so wanted to know about personal opinions.
I was also thinking about the razr Maxx with its massive battery but it bigger bezel makes the screen appear small.
Easily lasts above one day of quite heavy usage, with sync on, 3g and wifi quite frequently. On light usage, I get 40+ hours as well.

You can consider 4+ hours of screen on time and 2 hrs of voice calls and it will last a total of 20 hrs average.

Is androidlost added support for retaining info after wipe/factory resets? thats the main reason why i've gone in favour of cerberus. cerberus is indeed very good app!
I have Androidlost. Will surely try cerberus on couple of days and if worth, will surely purchase.

Went to buy a razr maxx. It was out of stock in the entire world wide in Hyderabad. Ended up with a white phone. See the irony? Went to buy a rugged black phone and instead got a delicate white phone. Don't call me racist :p
Damages were 36200

Went to buy a razr maxx. It was out of stock in the entire world wide in Hyderabad. Ended up with a white phone. See the irony? Went to buy a rugged black phone and instead got a delicate white phone. Don't call me racist :p
Damages were 36200

I am in almost same position as you. I am thinking whether to buy the razr maxx or S3. The battery of Maxx is just so good but i might just buy the S3 and will get away with using a battery pack (which i already have)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back