Samsung Galaxy sl I9003 or Sony Ericsson neo v

karty

Disciple
Both Samsung Galaxy sl I9003 and Sony Ericsson neo v are available for 17.5k on Flipkart. Which one should i go for ?

Requirements :

1) Touch screen 3.7 or higher.

2) Good Gps support. Will be installing Mapmyindia Sygic maps and using it while on drives for navigation.

3) Good Battery life.

4) Good browsing experience.

5) Os - android 2.2 or higher.

Camera is not a deciding factor.

It has been a day and half, the battery has dropped down to 40%. Used only for calling and for web browsing( hardly for a couple of hours)... watched HD print of Kungfu panda 2 on it... Thats it...Phone is new, bought on saturday.

Dude your wish , my experiences were bad the Official GB from Samsung via Kies got released on 9th november 2011 for it .

Also my Galaxy SCL is now a bit slow after update . More Ram is being used .

manu1991 said:
Yes it works absolutely fine with Gingerbread. Have been using GB since a month now. Also, I don't know what mpaspc meant by the loudspeaker becoming worse, for me its exactly the same.
Thanks for the confirmation about gingerbread.

sagar_coolx said:
Understand that the gpu of galaxy sl, (sgx230), although lower specced than tthat of neov(adreno 205), is in no way weak, and is much more than enough for most games. dont even worry about menu animations and other stuff.
in defense of galaxy sl, id like to state a few points:
1. bigger and better screen
2. better battery
3. More active community support
3. Cheaper
4. Gorilla glass!
bindaasathar said:
If you are looking for big screen with slim design and better battery go for SL or if you're looking for higher screen resolution then Neo V is the one for you. Personally I would go for SL since I don't like Neo V's looks.

Thanks for recco Sagar and bindas.
mpaspc said:
Dude your wish , my experiences were bad the Official GB from Samsung via Kies got released on 9th november 2011 for it .

The only negative comment i have read so far :(

Thanks for all the help guys. It would have been good if i had more options to choose from in this price bracket. Unfortunately i have been left with just 2 contenders. As of now i am more or less decided on Samsung galaxy s lcd. I will be purchasing one this month end. Hope the prices hold good for the next 2 weeks or may be fall further :D

mpaspc said:

Root... Install Custom Recovery... Flash Custom ROM... Overclock... Enjoy Awesomeness(Battery life + speed)... Flash back the custom rom in case if you want to claim the warranty.

Guys is Sulekha safe ? They are selling mobiles way cheaper than all others. Samsung galaxy sl is 17.5k on Flipkart, 16.5k(after coupon) on Letsbuy and only 14.8k on SUlekha. How is it that the same product is being sold for different prices and at times with a big difference of 3k like in this case.

Are they selling brand new sealed boxes ? Or is it refurbished or used products ?

mpaspc said:

Install the cf root and and convert file system to ext4 ,your phone will 10 times better then what is used to be on froyo.

Neo V users. three questions

1. Does the phone get overheated frequently? Heard a lot of users complaining about the phone getting heated when games are played

2. How bad is the outer casing of the phone? Also, isnt that flap over the mini USB port annoying?

3. Any Wi-Fi issues?

1. Yes it gets heated while browsing, cant say it gets overheated though. Doesnt get heated while watching movies or playing games... I am downloading asphalt 5 now,will let you know if it gets heated.

2. It isnt bad by any means... Rather I would say it looks really cool. The finish is decent. Flap over USB is not annoying, but if a person is a rough user then he may break the flap at the first instance.

3. Havent connected to wifi yet...

andy1978 said:
Guys what is the difference between these three?
Galaxy S i9000
Galaxy S L i9003
Galaxy S Plus i9001

I'm getting confused between this three.
Which one would be the best?
Galaxy S i9000 - Has PowerVR SGX540 GPU, Hummingbird chipset, 4.0 Super AMOLED Screen,has wolfson DAC.i9000 thus has the most powerful single core processor and with wolfson dac,it is the android phone with best audio quality

Galaxy S Plus i9001 - 1.4 GHz Scorpion processor, Adreno 205 GPU, Qualcomm MSM8255T Snapdragon,4.0 Super AMOLED Screen,no wolfson though

Galaxy S L i9003 - Has PowerVR SGX530 GPU, TI OMAP 3630 chipset,4.0 SC-LCD Screen (S-amoled is way better :eek:hyeah:)

If your budget is below 17k then Galaxy SL otherwise go for Galaxy S i9000

Samsung Galaxy S I9003-4GB for Rs. 15,997. - Sulekha Offers

Galaxy i9000 is out of stock now,the only new one available >>
Sealed Pack Samsung I9000 Galaxy S 16GB 1yr Warranty | eBay

I think DarkAngel can explain this better to you :)

Back