Samsung Nexus Prime with Android 4.0 ICS-Now launched as Galaxy Nexus

re: Samsung Nexus Prime coming October 11th with Android 4.0 ICS-Now launched as Galaxy N

Yeah. Instead of 55000 you'll now have to pay just 55450 now. Worth the wait.

re: Samsung Nexus Prime coming October 11th with Android 4.0 ICS-Now launched as Galaxy N

^^ LOL. But still I am wondering how will it be priced in India. But remember this, Nexus S was priced at 30k at release only to drop to 19k within two months. Galaxy S2 will always be a go-to phone for people who cannot afford Nexus Prime. But Nexus Prime hardware is just too good to ignore.

What do you guys think the price should be to justify buying Nexus Prime? I think 30-35k would be justifiable considering some were paying that for iPhone 4 which is a huge step below what we will see in Nexus Prime.

aradhakr84 said:
What do you guys think the price should be to justify buying Nexus Prime?

Yes, it does have killer hardware. And it is worth 30K+ considering S2 around 24K. And it is Google Flagship device means, less bugs & first to receive updates.

aradhakr84 said:
I think 30-35k would be justifiable considering some were paying that for iPhone 4 which is a huge step below what we will see in Nexus Prime.

Does Nexus Prime come with Apple logo behind it ? :bleh:

On a serious note, tech enthusiasts will always go in favour of Nexus. But, hey, it's India we are talking about :p

Vasishta.Sushant said:
Yeah. Instead of 55000 you'll now have to pay just 55450 now. Worth the wait.

55k for a pair or single ?

Does Nexus Prime come with Apple logo behind it ?

On a serious note, tech enthusiasts will always go in favour of Nexus. But, hey, it's India we are talking about :bleh:

True :) But it does have google logo on the back :bleh: That is what I care about.

malhotraraul said:
55k for a pair or single ?

Who knows it can also be for single :bleh:

aradhakr84 said:
True :) But it does have google logo on the back :bleh: That is what I care about.

Read my post again ! You belong to tech enthusiasts category !

and I say again, we are talking about India ;)

While some of us belive, Google and Samsung postponed the event by showing their respect to recently deceased Steve Jobs, it is speculated that the other reason can also be because of

Or it could be even ditching the hardware Samsung has built (hence 5MP camera rumor?) and going for a more advanced thing. We've seen it happen as a response to an Apple announcement before. When Apple announced the iPad 2, Samsung had just announced their original Galaxy Tab 10.1 at the MWC 2011 but they were quick to rename it as the Galaxy Tab 10.1v and later on discontinue it. Several months later they came up with the slimmer and cheaper Galaxy Tab 10.1 that we now know.

Unpacked event delayed, Nexus Prime and ICS to shine later - GSMArena.com news

If this is true, then I am baffled at how Samsung and Google could possibly think of releasing such a behemoth with a wimpy 5 MP Camera.

^Sick. Don't know why focking everytime they want to make products like Apple.

If it was in beginning, it was understood & accepted. But not now. Really. Android has really grown & already ruling market. Can't they think of something their own ? :|

Read somewhere that earlier Android phone was look alike of Black Berry. And when Apple announced iPhone, they withdrew the design & launched something, like what we see today.

Not a good gesture. Why would they delay coz of Steve's death. The man was all about technology and being competitive. They should have stuck to their previous schedule and released it. I think there might be some other delays.

How does it matter if its got a 5MP or 8MP camera. I guess its still the same optics, lens etc. I do not know much about photography, but isint it old news that mega pixel things just a gimmick

avi said:
^Sick. Don't know why focking everytime they want to make products like Apple.

If it was in beginning, it was understood & accepted. But not now. Really. Android has really grown & already ruling market. Can't they think of something their own ? :|

Read somewhere that earlier Android phone was look alike of Black Berry. And when Apple announced iPhone, they withdrew the design & launched something, like what we see today.

Its not like that , just the focking ifans who think apple invented phones,only a blind person can think that iphone 4S and nexus prime look the same, even symbian uses a grid of icons long before apple thought of iphone and ios5 notification system is so original!! and yeah delaying launch for bug-fixes or specs upgradation is beneficial for the actual end-users.

They said only a Prime could defeat the Fallen (Apple) in Transformers 3.. :bleh:

swordfish123 said:
Not a good gesture. Why would they delay coz of Steve's death. The man was all about technology and being competitive. They should have stuck to their previous schedule and released it. I think there might be some other delays.

How does it matter if its got a 5MP or 8MP camera. I guess its still the same optics, lens etc. I do not know much about photography, but isint it old news that mega pixel things just a gimmick

While you are right that Mr. Jobs was all about technology and being competitive. It is still not good to have an event, let alone happy event or even an introduction party. At first I thought Google was extremely noble to postpone it due to this. I would have supported it for this cause.

You are right on MP thing being gimmick. But usually 8 MP seems to be more than enough for better image quality and hence better than 5 MP camera. Atleast that is what I think.

RS4 said:
Its not like that , just the focking ifans who think apple invented phones,only a blind person can think that iphone 4S and nexus prime look the same, even symbian uses a grid of icons long before apple thought of iphone and ios5 notification system is so original!! and yeah delaying launch for bug-fixes or specs upgradation is beneficial for the actual end-users.

I was refering to this -> What Google’s Android Looked Like Before And After The Launch of iPhone | Random.AndrewWarner.com and Daring Fireball Linked List: Tablets, Before and After the iPad !

[don't pwn me if those resources are wrong, cos I couldn't verify them :p]

link that Apple's designs copied - 1960s Braun Products Hold the Secrets to Apple's Future [cross check yourself, cos I did't check all images !]

Anyways lets not start a war here. Btw I hate iTards more than you. That's why I mentioned in India, those who are not tech enthusiasts, blindly go for iPhone 4 [leave 4S aside :p] over any phone, not specifically Android. That's why they are called iTards & are in majority.

Anyways let's not divert this thread & let's talk about Nexus Prime :)

^^ I think Google was shocked to see iPhone 4S with absolute minimal design changes. They might have been expecting some kind of newer design with bigger screen. Is Google rethinking that they might have went a wee little bit too far with the screen size????????? Considering iPhone is still at 3.5 inch size. But it is too late and lot less time to bring any changes in design, let alone decreasing screen size.

But I honestly do not know why many droids are releasing with screens bigger than 4.3 inch. I thought HTC pretty much nailed the right size with Desire HD.

^ I guess the bump in screen size wouldn't really make the size of the handset bigger as there are no physical buttons anymore, based on rumors. So even with bigger screen the size would be more or less similar to SGS2 with 4.3" + physical buttons. I really don't think anything bigger than SGS2 is comfortably usable for most people as an everyday phone.

aradhakr84 said:
But I honestly do not know why many droids are releasing with screens bigger than 4.3 inch. I thought HTC pretty much nailed the right size with Desire HD.

Agree with you. IMHO 4.2" /4.3" is perfect, otherwise these phones end up as mini tablets in future.

Back