Samsung Wave S8500 India release

Re: Samsung Wave S8500 India release??

sandy453 said:
Comparable but not the same. The Apple's A4 is customized version of ARM Cortex A8 SOC as per the article.

EETimes.com - Apple's A4 dissected, discussed...and tantalizing

If we are talking about the CPU architecture, its the same i.e ARM Cortex A8. However the the article seems to clarify that its at least different at the SoC level. So Apple is not re-branding hummingbird based SoC's that Samsung makes

Just en-quired with sangeetha store,Bangalore. They say should be available sometime next week.

Those who are interested in buying the phone. PM me. Price for now is Rs.17000/- quoted by the dealer on phone. Bargaining skills are still to be shown lol. So expect a better price. More the quantity we'll buy, better would be the price. :)

wow 17k is great price ... I just wish I can get Galaxy S arnd 23 to 25k ... not too much to ask considering Wave is 17k ... i am gonna wait for a while and get Galaxy S... cant wait!

Will get you Galaxy S price too!! ^^^^ Till then, consider this is a GO/IC for Samsung Wave. I wont be paying more than 32.5k for 2 'Waves'. :p

Well having used the samsung Monte S5620 i'll say that the bada os is a no frills easy to use interface, more like the iphone os. also the touch experience was pretty good and should be even better on the wave.but for people wanting a budget option the monte, available for around 8.5k is also a good option with the only niggle being no multitasking.

@panzer - google maps were available on monte so should be available on the wave too.

Smasungs graphics chip capability is said to 3 times better than Iphone 4.

rdst_1 said:
Well having used the samsung Monte S5620 i'll say that the bada os is a no frills easy to use interface, more like the iphone os. also the touch experience was pretty good and should be even better on the wave.but for people wanting a budget option the monte, available for around 8.5k is also a good option with the only niggle being no multitasking.

@panzer - google maps were available on monte so should be available on the wave too.
FYI monte is not a smartphone and doesnt have bada OS. It is just touchwiz.

yeah sorry my bad. but it has touchwiz 2.0 which is quite similar in look and feel to the bada os , the only major difference being lack of support for bada os apps and no multitasking.rest the experience is pretty similar

Yes the wave at 17k looks very very attractive. But almost all the reviews have mentioned about the incomplete software experience. Severe lack of applications. No opera mini, skype, no nimbuzz, google map etc. Now samsung is not renowned for being very active with software updates. I hope the early users are not treated as guinea pigs by samsung for software development.

^^ Samsung is working on the applications part of it, they have huge contest going on for bada apps right now. Gotta wait and see what happens i guess :)

Sure there will be a lot of app developers but its going ti be difficult to make apps which can replace opera or google maps. Unless samsung can convince large companies to develop apps(not games) for Bada. I am pretty sure google maps might not even appear on Bada. Even the default browser is not the best and browsers are not easy stuff.

coldice4u said:
Sure there will be a lot of app developers but its going ti be difficult to make apps which can replace opera or google maps. Unless samsung can convince large companies to develop apps(not games) for Bada. I am pretty sure google maps might not even appear on Bada. Even the default browser is not the best and browsers are not easy stuff.
Check this Samsung Apps

there are already over a 100 Bada apps and the number is growing fast.

Seems Samsung is betting heavily on Bada as their in house OS and I doubt they will neglect it as they did Samsung jet etc. It will be just a matter of time before more more complex apps and games will be available.

Samsung is not taking bada lightly and this phone is simply a beast.. its sad to see it being overshadowed by other less impressive phones.. no names mentioned ofcourse

I think I'll wait for it till the 24th in Mumbai. If it does not get released by then, will get it from Ankur's GO:) (if possible)

Back