Samsung Wave S8500 India release

Re: Samsung Wave S8500 India release??

Which memory card does it support....Micro SD or Micro SDHC?

Are they both the same?

PS: Alright, just ignore the Question..I just found that HC stands for High Capacity.

sathyanaidu said:
soumalidon!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! ask him how much it is... pwease!
MRP is 19k and 31.5k for Wave and Galaxy S respectively. Market prices should be around the 28~29k mark for the Galaxy S.

Dude where did you get a figure of 184....
Its true that applications are being developed at a rapid pace.
Samsung has this amazing contest going on ( Prizes of abt $ 2.7 Millions to be won) and is currently holding seminars all around the world for promotion and develpoment of the new BADA platform.

Im sure by the year end there will be more than 500 apps in the market place..Who knows even more than 1000. Fingures Crossed ;)

santosh86 said:
Yes...currently there are around 184 applications for the Indian region. I think it will increase to atleast 500 by the end of this year once the device is easily/offiially available everywhere.

Guys, the Wave is available in Mumbai. Just call up 2 to 3 of your local dealers...they will have it.

Got this shop from Samsung India Website (Sapphire Valley Mulund West 022-25939394).
Also there is a shop in Matunga (Record Shoppe 022-24163420).
I also called up my local store at Powai, its going to be available tomorrow.
And these are all with bill and warranty.

Lord Nemesis said:
How about a short write up with the major points/impressions. Of course there are reviews, but somethings are better coming from a user rather than a professional reviewer whose sole job is reviewing phones. For example gsmarena reported that this phone a battery life champ. But there are a number of non-believers who stamped BS on it. Its better to hear about those things from a user.

A few things that come to mind.

- Display visibility in sunlight.

- Battery life (Standby time, video playback time)

- Camera quality.

- Call Reception quality (loudness, clarity)

- Ringtone audibility

- Music and Video quality.

- UI/App store impressions.

- Any problems/inconveniences you can think about so far.

ok here goes... my early impressions on the Wave. In the beginning it took some time for me to get used to the size of the phone, i previously had a Samsung Beat DJ which was oval and smaller in dimensions, but now im used to it :p the phone feels great in the hand, the metal body gives it a nice solid feel.Coming to the display.... hmmm... wow... you have to see it to believe it.. all the pictures and videos on the net cant do justice to it. My Beat Dj had a AMOLED screen which was great in itself but the color and detail are superior on the Wave. Sunlight visibility on the wave is good, allot better than the AMOLED on my previous phone. I could hardly manage to see anything on the AMOLED but now things are quiet visible and i dont have to keep tilting the phone in order to see.

Coming to the interface now.... its smooth,fast and effective!! the touch response is brilliant and everything loads in a flash. The menu transition effects are smooth without any lag . Even though the interface is smooth, there are instances when it does lag, for eg if you are typing a message and you get a incoming message the phone does lag for a few milliseconds and also sometimes during web browsing when you pinch zoom its not as fast to respond compared to the pinch zoom on a photo. But these things are barely noticeable to be honest, overall i love the interface and its miles ahead of the touchwiz that i had on my beat dj.

I have not yet taken any photos or videos so i will reserve my comments on that :)

Coming to the music.... very nice interface again,my previous phones have all been music phones and the wave surpasses them. I was kinda surprised at the quality to be frank :) i love bass and this thing delivers.. and does it ever.There are two things i hate in the music player.. no customizable equalizer and i have to keep setting my "effect" everytime i play music! oh ya it does not have stereo speakers either :( the ringtone audibility is not great, i wish it was louder.

The samsung apps.. hmmm... well there are a quiet a number of free apps available.. most of them are like games or utilities but nothing major but they are fun to play around with though. There is a app called " wave compressor" which can be used to zip files, kinda useful .The paid section of the app store is not available yet, only the free section is. Im sure the paid section will have some interesting and useful apps, jus gotta see what happens i guess.

The last thing i wanna talk about is the battery... well i have had the phone for about 36hrs now and obviously i have been using it non stop with wi fi, music,browsing etc. i had to charge it once after about 24hrs. I did not use the phone much for calls so i cant comment on the talktime. The battery is quiet satisfactory as of now, gotta see how it does when i use it for photos and videos.

Well thats about all i have to say for now. I have been following the Wave ever since it was announced and i made my mind up at that time to get it :) you really cant ask much more from a phone. Its totally loaded.

Selling for 18k's in Kolkata, only 2 Gb card bundled, so get atleast 8 GB sdhc ..

Good (besides already reported) :

1. super smooth interface

2. touch to focus

3. kinetic scrolling almost everywhere

Bad (as reported) :

1. not enough good apps yet

2. maps sucks

Overall an awesome phone :) for 18k's its a steal .. also constant net connection is a must for this phone to utilize its full potential .. plus some minor bugfixes required ..

deathvirus_me said:
Selling for 18k's in Kolkata, only 2 Gb card bundled, so get atleast 8 GB sdhc ..

Good (besides already reported) :

1. super smooth interface

2. touch to focus

3. kinetic scrolling almost everywhere

Bad (as reported) :

1. not enough good apps yet

2. maps sucks

Overall an awesome phone :) for 18k's its a steal .. also constant net connection is a must for this phone to utilize its full potential .. plus some minor bugfixes required ..
Some people had reported a price of Rs 16.6K in this thread itself. I wonder if it is true.

Just bought the phone for 17.7k . :):eek:hyeah:Initial impressions
* the screen is gorgeous. The best phone screen i have seen till now. You have to see it to believe it.
* Very responsive touch .I could see some lags in some places but these are software issues should be fixed in the next release.
* The games are just awesome . The graphics are amazing and the best I have seen for any phone so far.
* The battery life looks to be good . I have been using it continuously(playing games , taking pictures ,video , fm ) for the past 1 hr without any change in battery bar.

Except a review soon. :)

yes sure i went there yesterday they had wave n said galaxy will be there in 2 -3 days time

iphone 3gs was 31500

Going to check it out today, but highly unlikely that I'll get it. Can't live without my iPhone apps :(

Guys can any one tell me what are the other differences, other than the memory size between the wave 2 GB version and 8GB (Black) wave ?

Any specific reason the 8 GB version is called Black..?

Back