Samsung Wave S8500 India release

After too much of thinking and searching ,finally bought wave.its ebony grey august 2010 made.great music output,brilliant display but at the cost of 18sweet thousand rupees notes.

guys i need 16gb micro SD card for the wave(which i will be buying in next week)....... preferably class 10............ if not available then class 6 or class 4 atleast............ where to buy these cards as i am not able to find any dealers for it in chennai..........

I'm getting this one anytime now. Its 8GB, have heard 16GB+ cards have been causing problems on Wave.

eBay India: Transcend 8GB MicroSDHC Card Class 6 Seal Pack (item 180558481798 end time 08-Oct-2010 19:24:25 IST)

eggman said:
I have a connection thru wired network in my Laptop....how do I share it to my WAVE via WiFi ??

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Creating an AdHoc network is not helping......WAVE can identify the network and get connected too...but not able to access the net!
If you're on Windows 7, use Connectify software on PC for sharing internet via Wifi with your Wave.. It works fab.

^^^^DUDE Only class 2 is available for Microsdhc cards..

Only Verbatim 8 gb is available in class 4.

All sansisk cards are class 2 only.. 16 gb priced at rs2000+.

Sandisk has recently released class 4 8gb microsdhc[not sure about 16gb one] but they are way way expensive.. rs5000+ and i dont think they are officially available in India.

Hello to wave gurus,my problem is while downloading it pauses automatically when the keypad is locked,plz tell how to alter this.i use opera mini and the default browser the problem exists in both the browsers.plz help.thanks in advance.

Kingston Class 4 is available in India .... I have bought it exchanging my 2GB card for 800 bucks

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Yesterday I faced unusual problem....My battery was around 60% ....I shut down the phone and removed the battery ...when once again i restarted phone my battery was around 6%....Then i did the same thing once again the battery was now showing 24%....

Did any tried this thing?

i was planning to use the nokia 5800 8gb microsd in the wave..

on the card its written as

MicroSD HC nokia

8gb and 6 written in a circle

does this mean its a class 6..8gb microsd??

Hey, sorry for the OT, I did not want to create a new thread for this, I am planing on gifting my mom the Wave, she has used the Nokia 6681 for the past 2 years.

My mom is a doctor but I'm confused if she has the tech skills to actually be able to use it for her daily needs like calls, some movies and taking a few pictures. Will the wave be a good option or should I settle for the familiar Nokia x6 or a used iPhone (my mom has an itouch)

orangewrath said:
Hey, sorry for the OT, I did not want to create a new thread for this, I am planing on gifting my mom the Wave, she has used the Nokia 6681 for the past 2 years.
My mom is a doctor but I'm confused if she has the tech skills to actually be able to use it for her daily needs like calls, some movies and taking a few pictures. Will the wave be a good option or should I settle for the familiar Nokia x6 or a used iPhone (my mom has an itouch)

Good question, I gave my wife a Samsung Champ, I have used the Wave and Champ and find the interface to be the same except for some other extra features, I think it would take 1-2 days, apart from that she would be pretty comfortable with it, that is my inference

i know its been mentioned before but just confirming..il be getting my wave tomorrow..

i dont have to charge the battery as i open the box but drain the stored charge and then charge it completely.isnt that right!!

Hi guys,i m facing an unusual and very irritating problem,while using internet through gprs after some time the gprs connection disconnects and the usage replay comes,it happens with opera and the default browsers but it doesnt happen with my old phone how to get rid of this problem.plz help

So guys what's up with the Wave these days ? So has samsung improved the multitasking aspect in Wave in latest firmware ? or is it still the same ..

yogi7272 said:
So guys what's up with the Wave these days ? So has samsung improved the multitasking aspect in Wave in latest firmware ? or is it still the same ..
It does has Multitasking from the begining.. press and hold the middle button to see the task bar.. I own this awesome phone!!

Back