Samsung Wave S8500 India release

@yogi7272

The multitasking issue which was present in the earlier firmwares has been pretty much resolved with the new JH1 :)

@scudmissile007

How r u able to use the opera browser in the wave isnt it very slow??

scudmissile007 said:
Hi guys,i m facing an unusual and very irritating problem,while using internet through gprs after some time the gprs connection disconnects and the usage replay comes,it happens with opera and the default browsers but it doesnt happen with my old phone how to get rid of this problem.plz help

Im facing the same issue with airtel gprs.

I think it only comes when certain amount of data packet is downloaded on the phone. I dnt find it irritating ..just touch the back button and ur on the same page..

tommy_vercetti said:
Good question, I gave my wife a Samsung Champ, I have used the Wave and Champ and find the interface to be the same except for some other extra features, I think it would take 1-2 days, apart from that she would be pretty comfortable with it, that is my inference

Thank you for this, I ll go ahead and gift my mom the Wave then, also does it come in different colours? On GSM arena they say it comes in only one but I saw a few siggy's of people saying they have a specific Metallic Black variant.

orangewrath said:
Thank you for this, I ll go ahead and gift my mom the Wave then, also does it come in different colours? On GSM arena they say it comes in only one but I saw a few siggy's of people saying they have a specific Metallic Black variant.
I mean no dis respect.. But if you gift the phone to your mom are you sure she will be using all the features that comes with the wave ?? If wave will be just used to make calls and sms's I recommend you can gift her Samsung launches two new Android smartphones in - Online Best Latest Samsung launches two new Android smartphones in Price Reviews | Features in India these.. Both the phones are good and come at a very good price..

All the best :)

cooljeba said:
I mean no dis respect.. But if you gift the phone to your mom are you sure she will be using all the features that comes with the wave ?? If wave will be just used to make calls and sms's I recommend you can gift her Samsung launches two new Android smartphones in - Online Best Latest Samsung launches two new Android smartphones in Price Reviews | Features in India these.. Both the phones are good and come at a very good price..

All the best :)
IMO an android phone will be a lot more complicated than the Wave.

The wave at 17K has the best hardware, beats all the android's upto the 25K range.

I narrowed it down to this because of the multimedia features that my mom will actually use.

The multitasking issue which was present in the earlier firmwares has been pretty much resolved with the new JH1 :0
@sujithbvm

The only reason why I sold Wave ,offcourse I have Galaxy S too :) But last time when I tried XXJH1 , all those typical multitasking issues were there too. Glad to know that its been sorted out in Indian DDJH1 firmware. Will check that out ...

my sister wants to buy a new phone and has almost zeroed in to the wave . there are just two things i need to confirm :

1) I read somewhere that there is a lag between typing on the keyboard and the letters appearing on the screen . Is it a noticeable lag ? Has it been improved in the latest firmware ?

2) Are there buiitin or external apps for google talk / facebook chat ?

TIA

^^ i have not been experiencing any sort of lag in the messaging front till date.im using the latest firmware

and there is a pre installed widget for facebook and twitter and it direct you to those sites.all you need is gprs or wifi and you can be connected 24/7

i dint find google talk yet !!

manu1991 said:
m

1) I read somewhere that there is a lag between typing on the keyboard and the letters appearing on the screen . Is it a noticeable lag ? Has it been improved in the latest firmware ?

There is no lag, why are you trying to insult the 1 Ghz proc of the wave :)

Back