Samsung Wave S8500 India release

Samsung is doing with the S8500 Wave (1st bada phone) what it did with the i7500 Galaxy (1st Android phone)......

I have a hunch that support for the original Wave is about to end soon (if it hasn't already ended!!!)...... :p

So, don't put up ur hopes too high too soon about getting bada 1.2 on the original Wave..... U might get disappointed....... :(

orangewrath said:
So is the old wave being discontinued? I searched high and low in lots of mobile stores, the dealer says wave is not available anywhere in karnataka!
I got it from Flipkart. Two of my other friends got it from there too.

guys........ i inquired in chennai for the samsung wave phone........ one shop is selling the phone for 16.5k..... but he's not offering bill....... he says he will give his stamp on the warranty card that comes with the phone....... and says that it will be enough for me to claim the warranty at the samsung service centre if there are any problems.......

he's asking 4.5% extra for bill........

what should do..........??

devesh38 said:
guys........ i inquired in chennai for the samsung wave phone........ one shop is selling the phone for 16.5k..... but he's not offering bill....... he says he will give his stamp on the warranty card that comes with the phone....... and says that it will be enough for me to claim the warranty at the samsung service centre if there are any problems.......

Common Sense dictates that u should pay the extra 4.5% & get the bill.....

Simple.... isn't it??

:D

devesh38 said:

Go for it as stamp is fine i dont think its a big issues. if u feel its not fine go with bill and pay vat or so

Dude pay 4.5% extra and get a bill....Samsung service center always asks for bill xerox copy in case of any issues....

devesh38 said:

datta.ca said:
Dude pay 4.5% extra and get a bill....Samsung service center always asks for bill xerox copy in case of any issues....
well may be samsung but never seen nokia blackberry asking for bill. u only need bill incase system date says out of warranty and ur bill still have warranty

nehaladsul said:
Samsung is doing with the S8500 Wave (1st bada phone) what it did with the i7500 Galaxy (1st Android phone)......

I have a hunch that support for the original Wave is about to end soon (if it hasn't already ended!!!)...... :p

So, don't put up ur hopes too high too soon about getting bada 1.2 on the original Wave..... U might get disappointed....... :(
incorrect facts dude!

bada is not like android.. for every new version of android, samsung will have to individually port it to each and every device, make the touchwiz UI, INDIVIDUALLY.. so for that reason we saw the i7500 not getting the upgrade.. and also, since samsung doesn't have a hand on when to release newer versions of the OS, therefore the partiality of rolling out newer firmwares happened..

on the other hand, Bada will be like our desktop windows OS.. irrespective of the hardware, newer versions of bada would be compatible with all bada phones available.. very slight changes would only be there for each individual phone..
and samsung can surely not even take the risk of ignoring the wave I.. its sold like more than 5 million phones already!

so guys.. this news has really pulled up my spirits regarding the future of bada.. bada is here to stay!

jithin_s said:
incorrect facts dude!

bada is not like android.. for every new version of android, samsung will have to individually port it to each and every device, make the touchwiz UI, INDIVIDUALLY.. so for that reason we saw the i7500 not getting the upgrade.. and also, since samsung doesn't have a hand on when to release newer versions of the OS, therefore the partiality of rolling out newer firmwares happened..
on the other hand, Bada will be like our desktop windows OS.. irrespective of the hardware, newer versions of bada would be compatible with all bada phones available.. very slight changes would only be there for each individual phone..
and samsung can surely not even take the risk of ignoring the wave I.. its sold like more than 5 million phones already!

so guys.. this news has really pulled up my spirits regarding the future of bada.. bada is here to stay!
If this is the case there is no point going for new wave as i dont find any big difference to spend 6 to 7 k more on wave 2

^^
the old wave's discontinued bro.. sad but true.. and no one's sure what will be the price of the new wave.. so wait and watch, or better, go buy the few remaining wave's in the market.. ;)

and now to one of the most awaited things to have come on the bada os!
SWYPE!!!(trace) :D
check the video out..
YouTube - badaBlog's Channel

hurray!!!

jithin_s said:
^^
the old wave's discontinued bro.. sad but true.. and no one's sure what will be the price of the new wave.. so wait and watch, or better, go buy the few remaining wave's in the market.. ;)

and now to one of the most awaited things to have come on the bada os!
SWYPE!!!(trace) :D
check the video out..
YouTube - badaBlog's Channel

hurray!!!
But still imp missing thing is new wave with be screen s amoled

dost mere!

swype's come to the bada OS, not to any phone in particular...
all phone's running bada will now have swype.. wave I,II, pro,723 etc..

jithin_s said:
incorrect facts dude!

Are u kidding me?? Do you even know that TouchWIZ was absent on the Galaxy i7500 or even the Galaxy i5700.....??? Or was that supposed to be a Joke??

It's not about TouchWIZ mate..... It's that Samsung has a very bad Support record for most cellphones they have made..... Ask anyone who has used the Omnia or the Omnia HD..... Or any of the Galaxy series prior to the Galaxy S & Apollo......

Also, the Wave was such a good phone selling more than 5 Million...... WTH should Samsung discontinue it?? Simple..... To push the other Wave Models......

And why would you want the other Wave models (at a premium!!) if the Hardware is the same (well, almost!!)..... Because, they are the only ones getting the newer bada versions.....

Only time will tell how high ur spirits can soar b4 Samsung brings them crashing to the ground.......

I might be wrong about my judgment about the Policy behind Samsung discontinuing the Wave..... But Samsung Support sucks..... And I know I am absolutely correct about it.....!!!

P.S.: And there is no such thing as 'Incorrect Fact'. If it is a Fact, it is always correct.......!!! :p

i agree that Samsung has not been satisfactory with its support for its phones.. jet owners, omnia owners have had to bear the max brunt of a lack of vision by samsung..

but as far as i believe, and having bought the wave in this belief, that samsung won't ditch a phone in which they would surely have had great losses to incur with. selling a cutting edge phone at such a low rate wouldn't have made business sense to samsung.

couple this with the apparent shortage of super amoled displays, samsung must have surely thought that we have done enough to push bada to the smartphone masses. now lets work around with the lower end, and at the same time keep a higher end phone which people will buy, as they have got a hold of what bada is.

a brand new OS phone selling at 25k wouldn't have sold as much as the wave IMO.

and news of bada 1.2 having released is surely music to my years. i dont expect continuing support for the next 2 years or more, lol.. just a year of hardcore firmware updates for my wave would leave me delighted. the rest of the stuff would come through the apps and the many accessories available freely on forums.

and talking about 'Incorrect facts', thanks! it will help me to not make such mistakes again in public.. lol! :)

Back