Samsung Wave S8500 India release

like mentioned earlier why would they STOP supporting wave and support wave 2 when the OS is EXACTLY the same and the updates can be applied to ALL wave phones.....

soumalidon said:
like mentioned earlier why would they STOP supporting wave and support wave 2 when the OS is EXACTLY the same and the updates can be applied to ALL wave phones.....
They will only discontinue Wave not stopping the support of Wave models. Look at it this way, how many of us would buy a Wave(3.3" one) with no S-AMOLED (instead S-LCD because of apparent S-AMOLED shortage. )?

It makes sense to introduce a new model (if the S-AMOLED shortage rumours are true. And if they are, it is unlikely because of deal with Apple, and more likely due to the newer,higher margin Samsung Windows 7 phones and others), which provides higher screen-size which would appeal to some sections... (Still, I think that the chances of a Wave II selling in huge numbers is very low, if they introduce it at > Rs 25 k. Ideally , it should be priced lower than Rs 20k ;) )

I agree that not updating the Wave I to Bada 1.2 would surprise me. (though as stated, it is likely that Bada 1.2 support may be delayed in Wave I, let's see how it works out )..

Finally price of wave 2 is out so there is no point going for wave 2. as hardware point of view spending 8 to 9k more on wave to is waste. I am not sure abt software so cant say that wave can be update to 1.2

delguy19 said:
Finally price of wave 2 is out so there is no point going for wave 2. as hardware point of view spending 8 to 9k more on wave to is waste. I am not sure abt software so cant say that wave can be update to 1.2
^^ Is it?? I think it is the estimate of Industry Analysts......

But one shouldn't expect it to be anything lower than 20k...... that is for sure.....

I believe it will be priced a notch lower than the Galaxy S...... Say about a 1k price difference. Totally worthless IMHO.

i think wave 2 might be around 20000 and NOT 26000 as many ppl are expecting. Even before the first wave was released, it was expected to be around 25000 which was not the case

bought wave today.....:clap::clap:

searched around 8 shops in chennai..... this phone is really out of stock everywhere and dealers have no clue why....... they keep on saying that they will get new stock next week or so........

anyways good news is that i got my wave today.......... costed me 17.8k..... the guy didn't lower the price a bit even on bargaining for half an hour with him.......... i guess he knew that he had one of the few pieces remaining in market........

the phone is awesome.......... love the sAmoled screen and metallic black finish very much.......... its one solid phone.......... time for some fun.......:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

will post pics tomorrow....... as my old 6233 phone doesn't click good photos at all in low light........

just one question..... the shopkeeper was saying me to drain the battery first and then charge it for exactly 8 hours........ should i do the same or something else....

devesh38 said:
just one question..... the shopkeeper was saying me to drain the battery first and then charge it for exactly 8 hours........ should i do the same or something else....
Drain it completely & then charge it till it gets Fully Charged.....

:)

^ thnks....

one more question.... i bought a transcend 8gb class 6 micro sd card for this phone...... i formatted the card with NTFS file system from pc..... and its not being recognised by my phone...... which file system is recognized by wave phone......??

devesh38 said:
^ thnks....

one more question.... i bought a transcend 8gb class 6 micro sd card for this phone...... i formatted the card with NTFS file system from pc..... and its not being recognised by my phone...... which file system is recognized by wave phone......??

Go to the memory settings in ur phone & format the memory card from there. It should work.

If that doesn't work, try FAT32 on ur PC & then insert ur card in the phone.

Whatever u do, do format the card on the phone before u start using it......

Go to the memory settings in ur phone & format the memory card from there. It should work.

If that doesn't work, try FAT32 on ur PC & then insert ur card in the phone.

Whatever u do, do format the card on the phone before u start using it......

FAT32 system worked....... am surprised this bada os or phone does not support ntfs....... at first i was going to format using exFAT system.....:p

agm_105 said:
Where did you get 8gb class 6 microSd ?? and how much ?

i got it from ebay....... with 25% off coupon it costed me 900rs..........:)....... otherwise its listed at 1200rs.....

devesh38 said:
FAT32 system worked....... am surprised this bada os or phone does not support ntfs....... at first i was going to format using exFAT system.....:p
Companies have to pay royalty to MS for supporting NTFS, they will pass on this cost to customers, do you want that :)

Hacker said:
Companies have to pay royalty to MS for supporting NTFS, they will pass on this cost to customers, do you want that :)
nope, i dont want another price hike.......:p

but then how to store files larger than 4gb?????

devesh38 said:
nope, i dont want another price hike.......:p

but then how to store files larger than 4gb?????
An 8GB card has ~ 7.4GB usable space......

Why would u want to store files larger than 4GB on it?? And neway, it is a phone...... so, what do u want it to do??

U want to make it a DataStation or something.....!!! :p Lolzzz

Back