Samsung Wave S8500 India release

i have been around this thread since it started and budget constaints was the only problem keeping me away.now money is in and im ready..

but before i take the plunge i would like to clarify,apart from being BADA OS,which is ok with me.i would like to know hows the theme,wallpaper etc customisation.

is it as quick as changing them as done in nokia phones(nokia 5800).

rd_nest said:
guys, am planning to buy a Wave..was looking out for potential problems i might face. biggest issue i came across is samsung kies compatibilty with Windows 7 x64. it's all over the samsung forums. anybody here able to work with kies on windows 7 x64 ?? i am holding off the purchase till sammy fix this. the kies download link says it's compatible windows 7 (doesn't say about 32/64 bit though). so am completely in dark here. appreciate the inputs.
i am using kies on win 7 x64 without any issues. It works fine, i have updated the firmware through it twice. Kies is a little sensitive to firewalls etc... jus disable them and use it.

@Rahul
Hardware wise i have not faced any issues. battery life is probably little bit of concern since my walkman batter used to last more than week. this one last 3 full days, have to charge by the end of fourth day.

soumalidon said:
i am using kies on win 7 x64 without any issues. It works fine, i have updated the firmware through it twice. Kies is a little sensitive to firewalls etc... jus disable them and use it.
+1^^........ works gr8 on Win7 x64.... just hav to disable firewall while updating or upgrading FW

ariendj said:
i have been around this thread since it started and budget constaints was the only problem keeping me away.now money is in and im ready..
but before i take the plunge i would like to clarify,apart from being BADA OS,which is ok with me.i would like to know hows the theme,wallpaper etc customisation.
is it as quick as changing them as done in nokia phones(nokia 5800).
I have been using the Samsung Wave for about a little more than a month now and I must say I am impressed. It turned out to be much more than I expected. Obviously a smartphone is as good as its software support. And it is growing for Bada. However, it has not yet reached the levels of say a Apple Store or an Android market or even the Ovi store. It will take time but it is reaching there. The themes for this phone are not yet available so much but there are a couple. And it is as easy as other phones. Wallpaper also is customisable. However, I would advise you to use it a little bit in the store itself or ask a friend. Then you would know whether it is for you.

ariendj said:
it was shown before in this thread itself but i wonder if it is true then what is the point of a screen guard!!
Oops..... I didn't know it was seen.....

And yes, Even I wonder what is the use of a SG in this case?? Also, I think that a SG won't fit properly at the screen edges (Top+Bottom) as the screen appears slightly tapered near the edges there.

Has anyone experienced SG peeling problems on the Wave?? Due to the tapered screen??

Swype for Bada OS?

look at the top of the screen in the above link... 'This forum has closed. No more voting is allowed'. earlier to this we could vote for swype on bada..

and then the owners comment.. 'Due to the overwhelming demand, we are looking into the possibility of porting Swype to Bada OS. We'll update you when we have more information.'

all these are great news for bada!

guys....... i am searched in few stores in chennai to check out the price of the phone and the phone itself.................

One shop at Ritchie street : selling at 16.5k :eek:hyeah: (Forgot to ask the dealer at ritchie street wether the price was tax inclusive or not........ as it was the first shop which i enquired:ashamed:)
Croma : selling at 18.2k
Reliance digital : selling at 17.8k
Poorvika : Selling at 17.5k
one more local shop on mount road : 17.6k
saw a samsung shop on arcot road while going to home.. will be visiting that place today evening........ may be it is cheaper there........

the phone was at display on in croma and in reliance digital there was a dummy kept with some screen playing the same video again and again........... and with was kept one ordinary LCD screen just to show the difference between LCD and sAMOLED.....

When i took the phone in hand at croma.... i totally fell in love with the device..... it really has one of best screens........ never saw such clarity on any mobile till now.......... it was really amazing..... one has to really see it to notice the difference.......
Plus the touch feeling is also too good...... the screen is very responsive........... best touch phone ever till now that i have seen and felt..........
although i am familiar with the UI as its similar to that on Samsung Monte and Samsung Corby Pro...........

before seeing the phone i was in doubt whether to buy it or not as it did not have Android......... but i also didn't want to compromise on the features as well........ but after seeing the phone in hand and playing with it for sometime all doubts are cleared and i have decided to buy the phone asap.......... :clap:

but sadly have to wait till the end of this month to buy the phone............ no money at present......:mad:

devesh38 said:
When i took the phone in hand at croma.... i totally fell in love with the device..... it really has one of best screens........ never saw such clarity on any mobile till now.......... it was really amazing..... one has to really see it to notice the difference.......

Samsung should put some small hd videos on the demo phones. Ppl will buy the phone without any second thoughts.

bought it for 17.5k from ebay on fri.

awaiting delivery.

downloaded kies using UK site and got asphalt and two other apps.

but now im getting an error which says

"the server committed a protocol violation

section=ResponseStatusLine"

and the apps box automatically closes.

Back